Josh Freese announced as new drummer for Foo Fighters

3 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

I have a different take. I think that rock's golden age was (roughly) 1967 to 1997. From Hendrix to the Pumpkins. What great rock bands have formed since 2000, on the level of Zeppelin? I'm not seeing or hearing it. It's more than getting old and being out of touch. 

There's been tons of great rock bands that have formed since then, but it's kind of ridiculous to hold them to the same level as Zeppelin. Nobody is gonna touch Zeppelin or the Stones or Beatles or very few others in terms of revolutionizing and popularizing rock music and culture... but that doesn't mean great bands haven't come and gone since the fucking 90s :lol:

Honestly if the cutoff date is 1997 then 'the next big rockstar' was probably Eminem, rock music took a back seat in pop culture decades ago, so there isn't gonna be many bands who become iconic like that. But that doesn't change the fact that I've seen great shows by local bands in shitty venues, and some of my favourite artists 'only' play theatres and clubs. Good rock music isn't too hard to find if you're willing to look for it.

I will say though, I can think of several bands who are great live but I rarely listen to their albums because of bland production - Monster Truck, Radkey, etc. I think most modern rock production has sucked for a long time. I'm gonna see Maneskin the night before I see GNR in October, and they seem like another band that's gonna sound way better live.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Nice! Nashville area! First time doing Bonnaroo. Are u seeing Guns at all in Atlanta or Nashville this summer? 

Nashville first then going to the Hard Rock in Hollywood.

Not doing ATL. Not really big on festivals and that’s the same weekend we will be flying back from FL.