Robin Finck GNR Tee

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Maybe my memory is distorted (getting old u know..) But they still had some sort of star logo and chinese era graphics up until 2010-11 right?

They were few and far between but there was a couple in amongst utter dross - they were back in full swing with the skulls/old imagery by that point

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

And generally speaking imo, GNR merch 2002-2010 look way more updated than NITL era lol

Maybe.

I do find the recurring skull and skeleton motifs in their current merchandise a bit naff. 

To be honest, I thought all the skulls and skeletons were naff back in the 80s and 90s too. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

Maybe.

I do find the recurring skull and skeleton motifs in their current merchandise a bit naff. 

To be honest, I thought all the skulls and skeletons were naff back in the 80s and 90s too. 

Firstly, as a non-native speaker I learnt a new word from you: Naff. Thanks for that!

I gotta say I'm also not a fan of skulls and skeletons in sizes GNR is using on their merchs. It's awkward and very tacky to wear.

But a small and minimal black skull logo on top corner of a shirt wouldn't hurt me for sure. I'm more in favor of NIN type of merch.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Maybe my memory is distorted (getting old u know..) But they still had some sort of star logo and chinese era graphics up until 2010-11 right?

Yes, the 2001-2003 (or whatever) stuff was in stock until about that time, at least until 2008-2009 as I bought a lot of it when I was in high school. I think they had a lot left over from the first CD tours because they were cut short. 

• Like 1