Robin Finck in Danny Elfman's band

Blackstar

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Robin’s the shit. Wish it was him in the 2009-2014 lineup, but leaving ended up being a good move for him

It’s a shame cause he left in 2008 to rejoin NIN again, only for NIN to then break up in 2009, before GnR even started touring again. It all worked out for the best though, since NIN reunited in 2013.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s a shame cause he left in 2008 to rejoin NIN again, only for NIN to then break up in 2009, before GnR even started touring again. It all worked out for the best though, since NIN reunited in 2013.

Every day is a school day, I had no idea NIN disbanded in 2009. People don't put a lot of credence in the RNR HOF, but I'm sure for a lot of artists it will be a genuine honour for them to be recognized for their art. I think Robin rejoining NIN when he did solidified his place, as there was no chance he'd have gotten in there with Guns, sadly.

One of my favourite guitar players to ever hold a six string,

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The guy has to stay active given Reznor has stated that NIN isn't going to be active nor tour in the near future. 

If you haven't seen his other project - Eyes Out you should check it out. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Robin when GN’R played a show in Auckland.

He had the Jesus look back then but behind the beard he was very musically knowledgeable. 

I was surprised to learn that he was a massive fan of the New Zealand band Split Enz. 

I believe he was going to meet Neil Finn and Tim Finn and he was really buzzing about getting that opportunity. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1