"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Perhaps came early. Dearly beloved girlfriend says it is the best thing she has heard since something called Posted Malone (?). She won't let me listen to it. I told her I wanted to post it online for all my real friends on my 80s rock band bulletin board, but the NDA scared here. I was able to snap a pick when she wasn't looking. Glad we shelled out $360 for the complete merch package, totally worth it. 

BGupDXQ.jpg

It's Axl, so it's more about the enemies. 

Oh. My. God.  Hahaha. That picture of the girl is PRICELESS. 

I’ve heard the song has been shipped exclusively to every General in the USA. They will be asked to rank the song on a scale of 1 to 10, and if every single one does not give it a 9 or above, then the single will be cancelled and the copies will be burned to a crisp.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AppetiteForSomething said:

How has this song not leaked yet ?

That's something I'll never understand fully. I'm 99.9 percent sure in some form or another someone other than management or the band has it. Maybe not many people but someone has this damn song collecting dust. 

9 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

It's only a matter of time until someone gets their vinyl and rips a copy and then we'll all be listening to that version. 

Probably not what the band intended but that's what'll happen. 

Great decision by the band. Lose free publicity and additional streaming revenue in a trade off for fans listening to the song for free anyways with none of the above. Genius. Just absolutely brilliant.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

It's only a matter of time until someone gets their vinyl and rips a copy and then we'll all be listening to that version. 

Probably not what the band intended but that's what'll happen. 

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone received their vinyl today and hopefully spread the song to all those interested. 

• Like 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Great decision by the band. Lose free publicity, additional streaming revenue, and great PR, in a trade off for fans listening to the song for free anyways with none of the above. Genius. Just absolutely brilliant.

It's a b-side throwaway track.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Great decision by the band. Lose free publicity and additional streaming revenue in a trade off for fans listening to the song for free anyways with none of the above. Genius. Just absolutely brilliant.

Axl is probably a billionaire now after 7 years of cash grab touring. Whatever money he could generate from the General would be chump change to him.

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The band (Axl and his minions to be accurate) are dipshits. Disappointing but definitely not surprising at this point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

The band (Axl and his minions to be accurate) are dipshits. 

Didn't know you were going to be using words like that! There are kids here who got into the band from when the 2008 album came out and got their attention with top tier songs, including, but not limited to: Better, Scraped, If The World and Sorry.