"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

My friend from the industry said they're holding it until the war is over. I don't know which war but they're giving way. 

I heard this too.

It's been delayed until permanent peace between Palestinian/Israel and a 2 state solution has been reached/implemented.

1 minute ago, chorrada said:

Maybe they just didn't update the UK and USA pages and it's been postponed there as well. I'm pissed they didn't even send a mail that the release was postponed in Germany, so I canceled the order. Don't have a vinyl player anyway. :lol:

You could always but a record player (which requires much more than just the turntable itself). What kind of "fan" are you? 

5 minutes ago, chorrada said:

Maybe they just didn't update the UK and USA pages and it's been postponed there as well. I'm pissed they didn't even send a mail that the release was postponed in Germany, so I canceled the order. Don't have a vinyl player anyway. :lol:

You're not alone, apparently only half of vinyl record owners actually own a vinyl player.

Despite youtube, the reality is they're more targeted for hipsters and boomers who couldn't operate a walkman than audiophiles.

I'm actually not joking.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

You're not alone, apparently only half of vinyl record owners actually own a vinyl player.

Despite youtube, the reality is they're more targeted for hipsters and boomers who couldn't operate a walkman than audiophiles.

I'm actually not joking.

Well yeah. I was going to buy the vinyl (would've been my first one) to support the band, but I'll guess they'll have to do with the hundreds of euros I spend on their concert tickets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chorrada said:

The German store says the estimated DELIVERY date is 11/3. Before the update it was the estimated SHIPPING date 10/27. So, nothing changed basically.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Nothing on Spotify here in New Zealand at 2.06am.

don't you understand what 'released on vinyl only' means ?

3 minutes ago, Master Of Reality said:

The German store says the estimated DELIVERY date is 11/3. Before the update it was the estimated SHIPPING date 10/27. So, nothing changed basically.

Correct , shipped date isn't when you'll gey it

What's becoming clear is that the first time most of us hear this song will probably be pretty poor quality rip. 

I guess Slash was 100% serious when he said they're not actually sure how to release music. 

Hopefully if they ever release anything else they just pick a date and release it digitally like normal people. No jukeboxes, vinyl only nonsense 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, username said:

No no, you have it all wrong. You see, only a relatively small part of GnR's idiotic fanbase is desperate for new music and releasing it on vinyl only is a great way to scam these idiots (that would be us) out of more money. Try to think like a member of Team Brazil and you'll see why this makes so much sense. 

You’re halfway there. The elite scam is to hype it as vinyl only, sell all those records, and then give it a digital release a month or two later once the return date has expired.

3 minutes ago, Flayer said:

You’re halfway there. The elite scam is to hype it as vinyl only, sell all those records, and then give it a digital release a month or two later once the return date has expired.

I don't think that would fit the definition of "scam". It's just a smart way to make business and maximize your profits from your product, when if you went the different route and released it digitally on the same day, you'd make less money because less people would be inclined to buy the vinyl. You can have the exact same product but if you're not smart in business moves you'll make way less, that's why people have literal full departments working on that shit.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flayer said:

That’s expected. And I’m not joking. 

• Like 1