"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

I can totally understand people cancelling. It's not that they don't want the song, it's the complete loss of confidence in the band to do things right. 

Will December 8th or whatever it is even happen? Will it leak on a jukebox? Or a radio station accidentally play it? 

Why did it take so long to communicate the delay? 

I really have no confidence now that this will come out in December. 

3 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Did they respond? I wanna cancel my order. Maybe I have to reach out top. Lol, this band :lol:

At first I asked about the changed delivery date, which is now still November 3rd, which they confirmed but couldn't give any reason, why or why I didn't get an automated update. Now I asked about the further delay til the 8th of December and I haven't gotten a response yet.

21 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

As I understood it he only asked why people cancelled their orders which indeed doesn't make any sense since the song everyone's waiting for is coming sooner or later. I don't see any defending of TB anywhere in this thread or that post. 

Fuck em, hit them where it hurts. People are well within their right to cancel.

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1

I just called the customer service of Bravado(a division of Universal Music https://de.gnrmerch.com/p1/index.html , I am from Austria and I placed the order at the official GN`R shop Germany.

I was told that the Vinyl is still going to be released on the 3rd of November and it will be shipped on the 2nd. She looked the order up as I told her that it was delayed via an email by the us store. She replied that she had no other information and insisted that it ll be released on the 3rd. I am confused!

Edited by georgrose

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

That's the thing though. It won't hurt. Won't make the slightest bit of difference. They make more money in ticket sales from one show than they ever will off The General, be it via streaming or vinyl sales. 

I do agree with you though. Fuck sake. This band. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, georgrose said:

I just called the customer service of Bravado(a division of Universal Music), I am from Austria and I placed the order at the official GN`R shop Germany.

I was told that the Vinyl is still going to be released on the 3rd of November and it will be shipped on the 2nd. She looked the order up as I told her that it was delayed via an email by the us store. She replied that she had no other information and insisted that it ll be released on the 3rd. I am confused!

There may only be an issue with the US pressing, it’s possible that some countries will still get their orders on time as I’d assume the record is being pressed in each individual country.

of course, I could be wrong but that’s my assumption.

16 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

I honestly don't get how you come out to support the band and their management constantly as soon as any valid criticism is going their way...

I am not supporting the delay of the single, that's unfortunate and someone hasn't done their job.

But I am genuinely perplexed by people's reaction here to something as trivial as a delay, especially people who now say they have cancelled the order and people who think the band is delaying the release to be mean to us :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Canceling a 15$ vinyl ain't hurting anyone when they're selling 1000$ tickets for their shows. But sure, go on. 

Yeah agreed here but the principle remains.

Currently I'm £15 down which absolutely pales in comparison to the money I've spent on the 19 shows I've attended, but the point remains that if they treat us with utter contempt then honestly they can shove it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Canceling a 15$ vinyl ain't hurting anyone when they're selling 1000$ tickets for their shows. But sure, go on. 

Granted, but it gets the message across that we are sick of their output, or lack of. And they're not selling $1000 tickets for the best part, the bulk of their sales are now last minute once the prices have shot down to a more respectable price. But sure, go on. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not supporting the delay of the single, that's unfortunate and someone hasn't done their job.

But I am genuinely perplexed by people's reaction here to something as trivial as a delay, especially people who now say they have cancelled the order and people who think the band is delaying the release to be mean to us :lol:

Because incompetence is such a recurring theme now and most of us have had enough of it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That’s why I’ve been screaming for fans to stop buying tickets. Let the market correct the behavior. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Completely understand but what annoys me is why not a cd option? It’s so unbelievably simple. They can avoid streaming all they want but to make this song only available on a 7” record is ridiculous. Add in the “pressing” delays, people who ordered the vinyl would have still been notified today regarding that but if they had a cd option then they’d still be pleasing majority of people today with a release. It would have avoided all of this anger amongst fans and them disappointing once more

Maybe there will be a cd option at some point? Maybe Axl wanted the vinyl to come out first followed by streaming services for Halloween, followed by inclusion on an EP (cd, vinyl) later on? Just speculation from my side. I think people are bizarrely overreacting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Currently I'm £15 down which absolutely pales in comparison to the money I've spent on the 19 shows I've attended, but the point remains that if they treat us with utter contempt then honestly they can shove it.

You know it’s easy to just say it’s only 15 bucks 

20 minutes ago, jamillos said:

To reiterate, the delay itself, while being a bummer, is not the main gear-grinder. It’s the fact that a) it was half-announced by the companies on the very same day, in fact a few hours after it was supposed to be released, which in a normal situation would make no sense; and b) once again, there’s not a shred of an official word from the best and most competent management under the sun. 

Team Brazil doesn't do announcement because Axl doesn't want them to. 

1 minute ago, timoteo said:

That’s why I’ve been screaming for fans to stop buying tickets. Let the market correct the behavior. 

Yeah that's fair - but to counter the point, at least with a show ticket you know you will get a show. Whether you think you get your money's worth or not, that's a different story, but still you actually get something tangible.

14 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I can totally understand people cancelling. It's not that they don't want the song, it's the complete loss of confidence in the band to do things right. 

But why would a loss of confidence in the band make people like the song The General less to the point where they now don't want to purchase the song? I don't get all the emotions here. 

14 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Do you think it will hurt them if you decide to not buy a song you have been really wanting for any tears? Do you honestly think they care about the little money they are getting from this vinyl after the extensive touring they have done since 2016? Seems more like you are depriving yourself out of something you genuinely in some ill-informed attempt at getting back at a band.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe there will be a cd option at some point? Maybe Axl wanted the vinyl to come out first followed by streaming services for Halloween, followed by inclusion on an EP (cd, vinyl) later on? Just speculation from my side. I think people are bizarrely overreacting. 

It's not just this 1 delay though. 

CD took years and years to come out and by all accounts Axl still didn't want it to. 

They apparently had lots of material for a follow up but 15 years later we still haven't heard it. 

Perhaps was delayed by a week and eventually we all heard it first as a leak from the Jukebox. 

The General is the most anticipated song of the last 15 years or so and its a vinyl only b side that gets delayed. 

If there is a CD or a digital release coming, just announce it now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah that's fair - but to counter the point, at least with a show ticket you know you will get a show. Whether you think you get your money's worth or not, that's a different story, but still you actually get something tangible.

Not always. I stated that I bought tickets to a show in 2002 and they pulled the plug on the tour. 

this is habitual and coming from someone who is quite literally the definition of a double talker. 

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids
While they be payin' their hard earned money”

8 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

How is the delay of the vinyl, which most likely is sue to pressing issues as people more knowledgeable about this than me have explained, an indication of "utter contempt"? 

13 minutes ago, georgrose said:

I just called the customer service of Bravado(a division of Universal Music https://de.gnrmerch.com/p1/index.html , I am from Austria and I placed the order at the official GN`R shop Germany.

I highly doubt they'll meet the November 3rd date, really. The girl from customer service you talked to just told you what she knows up to this point. I am pretty sure there will be another change of date and that's it. 

8 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Granted, but it gets the message across that we are sick of their output, or lack of.

No, it doesn't. Whether 15 fans here decides to cancel an order because they are butthurt the vinyl is delayed will not make an iota of difference to the band. It won't be noticeable. You are only adding salt to your own wound. 

• Like 2