"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

16 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

even D-tune could fit the bill. Hell Devious bastard would be great with slash and duff. i LOVE state of grace so honestly i wouldnt be disappointed myself. 

mustache? lul

okla...homa

Actually, give Billionaire another listen, it has the same orchestra as The General...

This has the world’s most simple fix- just put the track on Streaming in the next week. Everyone calms down and people who still want the physical media can purchase it. A vinyl exclusive was the dumbest thing ever to begin with. 

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, but again, even supposing that the delay is because Axl didn't like the mix or whatever, what does this have to do with Pele's theories? Nothing.

Weren’t Peles theories basically that there’s not much unreleased GNR material (with vocals) that we haven’t heard? I still don’t see what’s so outrageous about that tbh…

As I said to someone else earlier in the thread: Why would they release (so far) 3 songs we’ve already heard in leaks (including wank like Absurd) if they had these amazing ‘unheards’ stashed away?? The last time we actually heard something ‘NEW’ that hadn’t already leaked was in 2008, that’s 15 years ago! 

For all we know The General could well be the lone unleaked song from the Chinese Democracy sessions and its starting to look like Axl has had second thoughts about putting it out into the world.

Edited by GNFNRUK

6 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Once again with a single release, I'm not disappointed because a release date wasn't promised.

83ze7y.jpg

Do you not know what a release date is? How about the part where the band accepted money along with a shipping date? Foreign concepts to you?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Fuck Team Brazil and their incompetence.

Beta, Fernando - I hope you’re reading this, you leeches. The fact that a maid and her dumbass son manage this band is beyond embarrassing. 

The two of you literally can’t get a damn thing right, and you both should be counting your lucky stars that you were in the right place at the right time to meet Axl. 

At this point, unless there’s some master plan for the rollout of “The General” (hint; there’s not), then I just hope whatever is left out there leaks as a gigantic fuck you to this entire organization’s ineptitude to get anything done correctly.

Exactly. It’s like, did they just find out the night before that the 45’s weren’t ready to be shipped out?  If there was some problem at the pressing plants, then this was known about far in advance.  Waiting until the 11th hour was a real dick move. I wouldn’t trust Beta or Fernando to clean my toilets or pools, maybe that’s why Axl found another job for them

8 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Fuck Team Brazil and their incompetence.

Beta, Fernando - I hope you’re reading this, you leeches. The fact that a maid and her dumbass son manage this band is beyond embarrassing. 

The two of you literally can’t get a damn thing right, and you both should be counting your lucky stars that you were in the right place at the right time to meet Axl. 

At this point, unless there’s some master plan for the rollout of “The General” (hint; there’s not), then I just hope whatever is left out there leaks as a gigantic fuck you to this entire organization’s ineptitude to get anything done correctly.

Look, I get we’re all upset, but what would they have to do with an intentional delay? Wouldn’t Axl be the one calling the shots? It was probably a BS date to begin with, and I’m still hoping it comes out soon. They name dropped The General when they could have just not

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

^ That Axl would cringe at what the GNR camp has turned into.

Nannies and pool boys selling sweat shop toys and candles while being unable to release a single song properly.

And if you actually buy this shit you are just feeding the beast. They are just a money making machine these days. Pure and simple. Won’t get a cent out of me for their crap.

1 minute ago, GNFNRUK said:

Weren’t Peles theories basically that there’s not much unreleased GNR material (with vocals) that we haven’t heard? I still don’t see what’s so outrageous about that tbh…

As I said to someone else earlier in the thread: Why would they release (so far) 3 songs we’ve already heard in leaks (including wank like Absurd) if they had these amazing ‘unheards’ stashed away?? The last time we actually heard something ‘NEW’ that hadn’t already leaked was in 2008, that’s 15 years ago! 

For all we know The General could well be the lone unleaked song from the Chinese Democracy sessions and its starting to look like Axl has had second thoughts about putting it out into the world.

But for the last time: A. This is just a theory about why the first three songs that were released were songs we've heard. B. Then there's a fourth song that we haven't heard to be released, but the release has been delayed. A and B just don't relate.

Frustration over the delay is understandable, but shouldn't lead to invalid conclusions about "B" because "A".

2 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

It would be hilarious if someone got irritated and dropped the demo version

I really have a hard time believing it’s out there circulating. The people that have this stuff like to flex their muscles   There would’ve been some rumors of it existing in the hoarder circles. 

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

There’s nothing innocent about Team Brazil. They clearly hate the fans and that includes me and you. They agreed to become the band’s managers when they have absolutely no business doing so. They accepted the job, now they can deal with the fallout when every single thing this band does when it comes to releasing music gets delayed or completely falls apart. 

If they didn’t want the heat, they should have stayed in the background. It’s that simple. 

Exactly. I feel like they actually despise a lot of the fans. It’s that typical gas lighting shit.  They sit here and talk about how much good music is recorded blah blah blah then when fans get frustrated about never hearing it they blame the fans for not “playing nice”. It’s funny that they act tough with the fans, but they don’t act tough with the man that they manage. They basically just let Axl run the show anyways.   They’re basically administrative stooges to his manic nonsense.  And it’s always everybody else’s fault. “The label didn’t promote Chinese correctly, they use the wrong artwork, blah blah blah.”  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

There’s nothing innocent about Team Brazil. They clearly hate the fans and that includes me and you. They agreed to become the band’s managers when they have absolutely no business doing so. They accepted the job, now they can deal with the fallout when every single thing this band does when it comes to releasing music gets delayed or completely falls apart. 

If they didn’t want the heat, they should have stayed in the background. It’s that simple. 

What are you talking about? Name one other band who has a manager who takes the time to go to reddit and respond to fans who give him nothing but hate in return. Imagine how busy management are, they don't have to do any of that for us but they do it anyway because they care. We just got a huge boxset with 63 unreleased songs and you're getting upset over 1 b-side being delayed?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Exactly. I feel like they actually despise a lot of the fans. It’s that typical gas lighting shit.  They sit here and talk about how much good music is recorded blah blah blah then when fans get frustrated about never hearing it they blame the fans for not “playing nice”. It’s funny that they act tough with the fans, but they don’t act tough with the man that they manage. They basically just let Axl run the show anyways.   They’re basically administrative stooges to his manic nonsense.  And it’s always everybody else’s fault. “The label didn’t promote Chinese correctly, they use the wrong artwork, blah blah blah.”  

And they NEVER give the fans a straight answer or explain anything. That suck at winning friends and influencing people. 

Waiting for the absolute last minute before these damn records were supposed to ship to announce their delay is just amateur hour bullshit. There’s zero excuse for that. 

No other band on the planet has these issues. But then again, no other band has a former maid and her son managing them either. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It was probably a BS date to begin with

How many bands take money for BS release dates?

15 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

What is your problem???? The Lebeis family saved Axl's life, without Beta and Fernando there would be no Guns N' Roses today. If they decide to cancel The General and we never get to hear it, it will be entirely the fault of people like you. I hope you're proud of yourself for spreading vitriol online towards an innocent Brazilian family.

laugh-crying-laughing.gif

3 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

What are you talking about? Name one other band who has a manager who takes the time to go to reddit and respond to fans who give him nothing but hate in return. Imagine how busy management are, they don't have to do any of that for us but they do it anyway because they care. We just got a huge boxset with 63 unreleased songs and you're getting upset over 1 b-side being delayed?

The fact that you believe a damn word that comes out of Fernando’s mouth is concerning. He’s lied to the fanbase numerous times. And what kind of communication has he given on Reddit from cringy cryptic one or two word responses that don’t mean a damn thing anyway?

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

Then they should have obviously told people way before the listed ship date that they’re full of shit.

That I agree with.

They definitely knew at least since the time the Italian site reported about the delay. The shouldn't have waited until the expected release date to inform people.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Haha on reddit it shows how unprofessional he is trolling fans tbh.

Bad example.

You do know those "unreleased" 63 songs were just live concert recordings.