The Rolling Stones- Hackney Diamonds

ZoSoRose

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 12:34 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Yes, that’s the show. The RSD release is vinyl! 

Picked it up. Insane price for a 7-song single LP ($35) and the cover is as lame as possible, but it sounds amazing. Killer concert! Comes with an insert with show pictures and a setlist replica, too. I wish they used the CD art, at least, but it’s ok. Amazing they still sound this good 

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Picked it up. Insane price for a 7-song single LP ($35) and the cover is as lame as possible, but it sounds amazing. Killer concert! Comes with an insert with show pictures and a setlist replica, too. I wish they used the CD art, at least, but it’s ok. Amazing they still sound this good 

Did it have special artwork on CD? I only know of the color-modified album cover for the deluxe edition of HD. 

14 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Did it have special artwork on CD? I only know of the color-modified album cover for the deluxe edition of HD. 

That’s all it had, I just like blue lol

• GNFNR 1

Opening night in Houston had Angry, Mess It Up and Sweet Sounds. 

I'm really, REALLY hoping they'll at least also play Whole Wide World, Bite My Head Off and Live By The Sword this tour. Dreamy Skies would be nice too. 

But they at least played WWW and BMHO at the Racket show. So I remain hopeful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mess It Up sounds so good live. Apparently most of the album was rehearsed if the reports on IORR are to be believed. I'm guessing Angry and SSOH get played each night, with the third song rotating. 

Also I really hope Out Of Time is a staple in the set this year, like it was in Europe in 2022. 

Time Is On My Side is a great pick, glad to see that one in the mix again. Looks like Get Off Of My Cloud and Out Of Time are gonna be staples, happy about that. No song vote for New Orleans but understandable given the festival and the number of guest performers in the set. My only real gripe so far is only one Keef song (But it is an excellent one at least). 

Speaking of Keef songs, would love to see them have a go at Can’t Be Seen again. Loved hearing that in 2014 but with the energy Steve Jordan brings to the live band, that one would be a great choice nowadays. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wish they would do more HD songs in each show. One more slot for a Jagger- sang one and having Keith do Tell me Straight would at least be an improvement. I could accept 5 songs each show. 

On 5/3/2024 at 11:12 AM, username said:

image.thumb.png.3332bd786ecf2da8a690930e0855aac9.png

Time Is On My Side!! :wub: This looks like a really awesome set. 

Still an awesome set with the new songs, Let it Bleed, and Time is on My Side

Edited by ZoSoRose

On 4/21/2024 at 3:27 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I found a copy today in the RSD leftover bin! :D sadly also at full price. But I still bought it. 

Las Vegas:

Start me up
Get off my cloud
Let’s Spend The Night Together
Angry
Like a rolling stone
You got me rocking
Mess it up
Tumbling dice
You can't always get what you want
Intros
You got the silver
Little T & A
Sympathy for the devil
Honky Tonk Women
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Paint it black
Jumping Jack Flash
Sweet sounds of Heaven
Satisfaction

Weakest setlist of the tour so far IMO. Disappointed that Out OF Time has been replaced by warhorses the last two shows (IORR in Glendale, LSTNT in Vegas), Mess It Up doesn't seem to be a rotating Hackney Diamonds song anymore, weak song vote in YGMR, LARS in the "ballad" slot. But on the positive side, back to two Keith songs finally. 

• 2 weeks later...

I caught my first of two shows this tour in East Rutherford last night. What a show, and what a set list especially! Live debut of Tell Me Straight, and tour debuts for Bitch, Heartbreaker, and Midnight Rambler (The latter bumping Miss You out of the set :D ). The most HD songs in a set so far, and for me personally I got six songs I’ve never seen. The band was on fire, and the crowd was very good. Keef was really in the zone after the first few songs, he really led the show last night. Mick was in great spirits, and Ronnie feels a bit back to his old self - much more lively. Steve Jordan is having the time of his life up there; of course I’d rather have Charlie still, but we are so fortunate to have Steve in the band in his stead. 

Looking forward to Cleveland in a few weeks. If you have the chance to catch them on this run, do not miss it. Last night was up there with the best Stones shows I’ve seen. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I caught my first of two shows this tour in East Rutherford last night. What a show, and what a set list especially! Live debut of Tell Me Straight, and tour debuts for Bitch, Heartbreaker, and Midnight Rambler (The latter bumping Miss You out of the set :D ). The most HD songs in a set so far, and for me personally I got six songs I’ve never seen. The band was on fire, and the crowd was very good. Keef was really in the zone after the first few songs, he really led the show last night. Mick was in great spirits, and Ronnie feels a bit back to his old self - much more lively. Steve Jordan is having the time of his life up there; of course I’d rather have Charlie still, but we are so fortunate to have Steve in the band in his stead. 

Looking forward to Cleveland in a few weeks. If you have the chance to catch them on this run, do not miss it. Last night was up there with the best Stones shows I’ve seen. 

That sounds aboslutely amazing. I envy you man! ^_^ 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

My fam and I caught night 2 yesterday. There are literally 3 or 4 artists I’d even consider hauling ass to MetLife for but we stayed through the whole set. It was incredible. Absolutely incredible to see how that show is live, 2hrs of pure joy. Got home at 1:30am because egress there is dumb but whatever. Fantastic night, would recommend a small splurge. Ticket prices came down nicely in the days leading up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 7:00 AM, Powerage5 said:

It can’t be coincidence that every Stones gig I left was up there with “the best one” I’ve seen. Glad you had a good time Brother and I’m sure you’ll walk out of the Cleveland gig thinking the same as East Rutherford. 

• Thanks 1