The Rolling Stones- Hackney Diamonds

ZoSoRose

10 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Where did you hear DOY and Get Close? 

They leaked but was sort of the same as the initial Perhaps unveiling. Fella had his record shipped early and recorded them on his phone. Snippets of all songs here:

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/shows/the-rolling-stones-new-stone-age/id-214417643/play/?fbclid=IwAR1EZNBVKgqvb1RGhPha8K5M_ilpVyWAZ6ha-Hfj2rZiaiJO1mzmY3sVNk4_aem_AeB-6gcLvNS_Yhf4I5Vj93vrNlGn2ZWups351827AR-qNtL6Mh4y1DPgayfbGBI2r7U

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, username said:

Might be the best one since Some Girls or at least Tattoo You. IF it's all as good as what I've heard so far. And if it stands the test of time of course. 

I really like Steel Wheels. That’s probably the one that’s close for me

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, Dean said:

They leaked but was sort of the same as the initial Perhaps unveiling. Fella had his record shipped early and recorded them on his phone. Snippets of all songs here:

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/shows/the-rolling-stones-new-stone-age/id-214417643/play/?fbclid=IwAR1EZNBVKgqvb1RGhPha8K5M_ilpVyWAZ6ha-Hfj2rZiaiJO1mzmY3sVNk4_aem_AeB-6gcLvNS_Yhf4I5Vj93vrNlGn2ZWups351827AR-qNtL6Mh4y1DPgayfbGBI2r7U

This is awesome......... Thanks for this, gonna blast this tonight 

• GNFNR 1

This is awesome how it's not leaking before release day, old school styles. 3 more sleeps. I'm using this to pass time (although still excited based on the two singles and snippets) for the real treat of a new gnr song release a week later. 

Edited by jimisbatman

6 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

This is awesome how it's not leaking before release day, old school styles. 3 more sleeps. I'm using this to pass time (although still excited based on the two singles and snippets) for the real treat of a new gnr song release a week later. 

If it would leak tomorrow I still wouldn't listen anymore. The release date is way too close to spoil it like that. :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

It did find it's way out yesterday! I've got it blasting just now. Phenomenal.

Well it’s 1am in Germany and I just listened to the first original stones album in 18 years. I’ll probably write a proper review after listening to it a couple more times, but it’s a really really good album, probably the best since Tattoo You at least 

• Like 1

Last nights listening party + midnight sale was fun! Great album. I really love all the subtle and less subtle throwbacks to various stages in their history. This is really, really good. 

I got the purple vinyl, the cd and a bunch of free giveaway stuff including the (flint)Stones print and a poster of the advert they did in the Hackney Gazette to launch the album. 

May be an image of 6 people, crowd and text that says "53.98 JACKNEY DIAMONDS"

image.thumb.png.cbee4f0da5ffe013a33554a7f5f37e41.png

• Like 3

This is way overhyped!

Sweet sounds of heaven is the best song by far here! And it is really good

Much of the other tracks is messy with Micks vocals too high in the mix and seems to be too tiresome, also too glossy and much effects on the vocals. (I am now a bit afraid for the new Pearl Jam album early next year also produced by Andrew Watt)

The next best song here is sung by Keith richards

• Haha 2

I finally got around to hearing Sweet Sound of Heaven, after hearing so much hype about it.

It's alright, but doesn't do much for me. 

It's not the most complicated song; basically follows the same three same chords while Mick and Gaga sing long sustain notes.  Feels like this song has been written many times over.  It's rather light on song ideas and leans heavily on vocalists to carry the song.   Seems like they want to do another Gimme Shelter, but doesn't have the same punch.  

It's not a bad song, but not one that I'd be in a rush to hear again.  

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I finally got around to hearing Sweet Sound of Heaven, after hearing so much hype about it.

It's not the most complicated song; basically follows the same three same chords while Mick and Gaga sing long sustain notes.  Feels like this song has been written many times over.  It's rather light on song ideas and leans heavily on vocalists to carry the song.   Seems like they want to do another Gimme Shelter, but doesn't have the same punch.  

Same here, it's a very "standard" tune. Bit boring, actually. 

As for the album, depends how you look at it, I guess. With the "they're 80 years old" thing in mind, it's pretty good.

Need to listen to the whole thing a couple more times probably.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

As for the album, depends how you look at it, I guess. With the "they're 80 years old" thing in mind, it's pretty good.

Just now, El Guapo said:

I'm fairly lazy and apprehensive when it comes to new music. 

In order to get me to listen to an entire album I have to really love the artist or the single that was "forced" upon me through marketing has to really hit. 

I really like the first single Angry, but I'm little skeptical to listen to the entire album as a result. 

I gave Bite My Head Off a chance because it features McCartney on bass.  It was good, but not good enough for me to keep going.  Only reason why I gave Sweet Sound a listen was due to the praise of others.

Listening to bad or mediocre music is akin to listening to bad stand up - I find it very hard to stomach it.  Truth be told it was six or seven years after the Illusion albums came out that I finally listened to both albums in their entirety.  I'm less like that now, but I still have a schism around new music.  Not sure what it's all about.  It might have to do with the fact that so rarely am I impressed with an artist's full album.  Wading through 8-10 mediocre songs for a few gems feels like torture to me.   

It's why I stopped listening entirely to new albums by bands I use to love.  U2, Coldplay, Pearl Jam...  It's been so long since any of these bands released anything compelling that I can't bring myself to get excited or listen to their new material (save for whatever first single gets promoted).   It's been 30+ years since The Stones has released anything that caught my attention so I never gave much consideration to this album.  

14 hours ago, betterman said:

This is way overhyped!

Sweet sounds of heaven is the best song by far here! And it is really good

Much of the other tracks is messy with Micks vocals too high in the mix and seems to be too tiresome, also too glossy and much effects on the vocals. (I am now a bit afraid for the new Pearl Jam album early next year also produced by Andrew Watt)

The next best song here is sung by Keith richards

I kind of agree... Sweet Sounds Of Heaven is the standout track and Tell Me Straight is one of the best. I also really liked Dreamy Skies. I've never been a big fan of Watt's production and this isn't much different, but it's a solid album. I've listened to it twice and I'll listen a few more times over the weekend.

On 10/21/2023 at 3:27 AM, downzy said:

Never going to happen but would be amazing if Paul and Ringo joined Mick and Keith for one final tour where they played both Stones and Beatles tunes.  

This could be considered scaralige, unsure about word, but Paul + Ringo teaming up with others and playing  Beatles is a silly idea. 50% of team dead, who cares what other bands reform, they're not TB, and as Bono says, they're unworthy to touch the hem of their garments. It would water down/cheapen the myth/mystic/legend. But your right, it'll never happen.