Do we all want a 2016 live blu ray?

On 9/23/2023 at 6:33 PM, colonizedmind said:

If the reunion live era sounds along these lines and is a diverse set of songs they've played over the years 16-23 then it CAN be a great release....

I agree, they'd have to cherry pick the best performances of each song and compile them into a Frankenstein release like the original Live Era.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

So I ordered a bootleg CD/Blu-ray set of Glastonbury and am pretty impressed. No, he doesn’t sound as good as 2016, but it’s pretty damn good to have as a set. Great mix and picture quality and they sound killer 

Does your boot source still have the Axl drop out moments or is this a better source? As apparently that didn't happen if you were IN the field....FOH mix.

On 9/21/2023 at 4:36 AM, DoMw94 said:

It's 2023, it's more likely to see a Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ or Apple TV release. Physical media is dying. The only people that would buy a Blu Ray would be us

There's a bit of a resurgence in physical media going on with various box sets and other releases happening.  

10 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

There's a bit of a resurgence in physical media going on with various box sets and other releases happening.  

Yeah, boxsets etc were subsequently mentioned and acknowledged as something that's still a thing, but a standalone concert DVD/Blu-Ray is a largely outdated concept

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Yeah, boxsets etc were subsequently mentioned and acknowledged as something that's still a thing, but a standalone concert DVD/Blu-Ray is a largely outdated concept

Ya, they usually get included in super deluxes as the visual aspect or on CD/Blu/DVDs like the recent Stones live releases....or Disney pays Elton or Sheeran for their latest (or last) tour to screen on their platform...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 12:48 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I could see them releasing another 1-2 selects plus some random live songs while Slash and Duff are doing solo stuff next year, but I don't expect a live release. I think there was issues with both shows, basically they fucked over the company that recorded the Troubadour show and went with the cheapest option for Dodger stadium, so a lot of the shots are from drones flying above the stadium.

I'd probably watch a 2016 blu ray once then add some songs to my live GNR playlist, then rarely listen to the full show again.

To be honest - more selects would be fine (better than nothing). The selects we already do have shows there is footage from loads of gigs - another option is to do a ‘Flight 666’ type release that Iron Maiden did with each song on the release from a different gig. On the DVD/BR chuck in some footage of the band hanging out/travelling etc.

Edited by DTJ80

17 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

To be honest - more selects would be fine (better than nothing). The selects we already do have shows there is footage from loads of gigs - another option is to do a ‘Flight 666’ type release that Iron Maiden did with each song on the release from a different gig. On the DVD/BR chuck in some footage of the band hanging out/travelling etc.

Also works....come on band, we've devised numerous ways for you to rape our wallets....what you waiting for?