Do we all want a 2016 live blu ray?

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It was officially released in terms of if being available on official streaming sites (Amazon Prime, if memory serves or possibly Netflix). 

Never had an official physical release though. 

The usually way now seems to be containing a DVD/Blu-Ray as part of a package containing the audio of the concert. I'd certainly buy that. 

You're right. I purchased it digitally from Amazon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

But how many of them are concert films? Very few I imagine.

As was said above, the only way it's really worth doing is as part of a bundle sold by the artist.

Netflix and Disney have been buying quite a few concert specials this past year or so....for legacy artists too actually, like Elton. I'm hoping behind the scenes reunion back together doc with concert footage on Netflix In the next couple of years...maybe idea for the hiatus boys....since it does feel like a bit of a full stop....new staging next tour, maybe that recording will take place, new new songs....

So let's mark '16-'23 👌

7 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

GNR cheaped out on the camera equipment or something for Dodger stadium and fell out with the filming company. I'm not even sure they filmed it in the end, and if they did they done it with the wrong type of camera

I think the NITL selects are the best we'll get

That sounds like a bit of a random story? How so?

Physical media isn't what it used to be, but... the GNR fan demographic would still be into that sort of thing. Just because people in their 20's and younger mostly do digital doesn't mean a Guns N' Roses release wouldn't do well. I know it sounds crazy, but actually promoting something and putting together an awesome product will sell. It would also be sold on digital which would likely pay for the physical release (not including its own sales). As most have figured out, it would take a lot of motivation from the band to actually do it... I just feel like since this tour is coming to an end soon, releasing a full show (especially one from an Adler appearance) would be a great way to make some more money from the tour and give the fans something special. I don't see it being a money-losing effort. I mean, even movies that bomb at the box office get 4K releases with steelbooks these days :lol:

Edited by Ak1nney

14 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Is there a great demand for GNR toy trucks? :lol:

That probably was a far more limited offer. I get your point, but my point is that live releases for 9/10 fail to do anything these days... it would be more worthwhile than more toy trucks though

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

That probably was a far more limited offer. I get your point, but my point is that live releases for 9/10 fail to do anything these days... it would be more worthwhile than more toy trucks though

I understand. It’ll be a shame if the last live release is Appetite for Democracy. 

7 hours ago, Its Tino said:

I understand. It’ll be a shame if the last live release is Appetite for Democracy. 

Although, that would be a far better vocal performance than almost any show from 2016 - present...just a pity the mix is a bit shit and dj ashba is clowning it up