Do we all want a 2016 live blu ray?

I remember reading some possible rumors that the 2016 Dodger Stadium shows had a more beefed-up camera crew and they were recording for a potential release. Do we think there's any truth to that? And do we think once this tour is finally over, they'll finally put that together? I think it'd be a real shame to not get a professionally mixed show in at least 1080p from this reunion. The live selections on YouTube just aren't up to the quality that this caliber band should put out. 

What do you think?

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I was at one of the Dodger Stadium gigs so selfishly I want a BluRay of that lol.  But absolutely it would be a shame if the only BluRay of 21st century GNR is one from a time that Slash and Duff weren't even there

I got Appetite for Democracy for $6.99 because the store mislabeled it as the Appetite for Destruction CD. I still haven't even opened it.

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Troubadour 2016 and Dodger Stadium 2016 were professionally filmed. I don't mean the crew for the sidescreens, no a company for filming. Even a fuckin' helicopter was hired for a nice shot of fireworks above the Dodger Stadium. In some recap GN'R Social Media video in 2016 or 2017 it was seen. I don't remember exactly but there were troubles with GN'R managment? So the cooperation was ended.

I have no hope

But for me... 2016 should have a release because it was a big time event. The vocals were great for his shape and age. And it was the BEST STAGE ever... Big and with diffrent Center Screen Settings and Pyros

• Like 3

How long ago is that now since Fernando mentioned they were hoping to have one out for Christmas? I do hope they get something out to document how huge that tour was but obviously I'm pretty stoked that we're getting The General finally after all of those years and that surpasses any excitement I'd have for a Blu Ray release!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, twistoflemon21 said:

Previous line up had plenty of pro shots and still got a blu ray. Rock In Rio 2001 / 2006, KROQ Inland Invasion, Rock AM Ring, Download, O2 Arena.

02 arena was never officially released, I have Blu-ray of it though ... you mentioned it, previous lineup, things change

I bet we won't get one, management don't get it, it'll make money 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

How long ago is that now since Fernando mentioned they were hoping to have one out for Christmas? I do hope they get something out to document how huge that tour was but obviously I'm pretty stoked that we're getting The General finally after all of those years and that surpasses any excitement I'd have for a Blu Ray release!

He's full of shit

I'd buy a 4K Blu-Ray of a 2016 show, definitely.

26 minutes ago, DSTK said:

02 arena was never officially released, I have Blu-ray of it though ...

While it didn't get an official Blu-Ray release, it did get an official streaming release (funny that they use a 2016 photo with Slash): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guns-Roses-Live-Arena-London/dp/B091BJYKWN

1 minute ago, Amir said:

While it didn't get an official Blu-Ray release, it did get an official streaming release (funny that they use a 2016 photo with Slash): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guns-Roses-Live-Arena-London/dp/B091BJYKWN

Yeah Amazon had it for a while, I got a Blu-ray copy off eBay...it's alright & that tour was actually good 

At this point it would have to be a "beat-of" the tour and I'd be quite happy with that. I recently bought the 3D blu ray after seeing it years ago but never got the physical copy for my old 3D TV....the production company did a GREAT job making Axl sound good and as good as he can, even if that era wasn't bad....good mixing, isn't a given. Although gimmicky (Ashba! 🖕) the 3D was fun too if you've got a good set (Panasonic the best 3D TVs by far!) And especially so with the PC confetti, I did feel like I was in Vegas for 3 hours! While they're not gonna do it in 3D, I'd love to see from Troubadour through to like TWAT in Spain, choose 30+ best performances from the tour and then everyone in each continent has a reason to say their region has been represented....also some bonuses/extended sections (plenty of room on a dual layer disc) of Troubadour and Dodger (since they were properly done) plus standout moments like Coachella, Houston, Glasto, etc

It would be a great set if done properly. I think it's more likely we get a live LP, as they have dabled with putting out live tracks on radio (Night train) and on their Vinyls...etc.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, twistoflemon21 said:

Previous line up had plenty of pro shots and still got a blu ray. Rock In Rio 2001 / 2006, KROQ Inland Invasion, Rock AM Ring, Download, O2 Arena.

If you did research, you'd know we only got that Blu-ray because of a deal between Axl and slash's people got slash to release the Stoke DVD and GNR the Vehas residency...that's the only reason we got one & it was the only official release 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSTK said:

02 arena was never officially released, I have Blu-ray of it though ... you mentioned it, previous lineup, things change

I bet we won't get one, management don't get it, it'll make money 

He's full of shit

It was officially released in terms of if being available on official streaming sites (Amazon Prime, if memory serves or possibly Netflix). 

Never had an official physical release though. 

10 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

It's 2023, it's more likely to see a Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ or Apple TV release. Physical media is dying. The only people that would buy a Blu Ray would be us

The usually way now seems to be containing a DVD/Blu-Ray as part of a package containing the audio of the concert. I'd certainly buy that. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The usually way now seems to be containing a DVD/Blu-Ray as part of a package containing the audio of the concert. I'd certainly buy that. 

Honestly completely forgot that (I've just woke up) – I've even bought a few myself 🤦‍♂️

Chinese Leftovers 'album' with a live DVD/Blu Ray before they move onto the next phase would definitely be something I'd buy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Honestly completely forgot that (I've just woke up) – I've even bought a few myself 🤦‍♂️

Chinese Leftovers 'album' with a live DVD/Blu Ray before they move onto the next phase would definitely be something I'd buy

I'd take a live album or a 'best of live' album packaged with a DVD/Blu Ray too. 

It would be so easy to do and release! 

6 hours ago, Amir said:

And this show is from 1997. Great

GNR cheaped out on the camera equipment or something for Dodger stadium and fell out with the filming company. I'm not even sure they filmed it in the end, and if they did they done it with the wrong type of camera

I think the NITL selects are the best we'll get

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

It's 2023, it's more likely to see a Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ or Apple TV release. Physical media is dying. The only people that would buy a Blu Ray would be us

DVD and Blu-ray Still Generating $1.34 Billion in Annual Sales in U.S alone.

Edited by ruttu69
  • Like 2