New Tommy interiew says CD was ripped from Axls hands by the Record companr

51 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

That's Axl in the photo(avatar), not the girl. :rofl-lol:

Lie, a blasphemous lie. Lies, blatant lie...Right?🥺 Please tell me you told me a blasphemous, and blatant lie that Mead's Avatar is AXL and not a sweet little girl dressed up like Axl right? 🥺There's no way that I confused Axl for a sweet little girl right? 🥺

6 hours ago, Karice said:

Lie, a blasphemous lie. Lies, blatant lie...Right?🥺 Please tell me you told me a blasphemous, and blatant lie that Mead's Avatar is AXL and not a sweet little girl dressed up like Axl right? 🥺There's no way that I confused Axl for a sweet little girl right? 🥺

Yes, that's Axl. Here are 2 similar photos of Axl with a fur coat.

862acc6430519466172674168536d8c7.jpg EPJi-Eg-AUUAA-vf-Z.jpg

Was making nearly replies to my comment/opinion really necessary? It seems like being insulted by an anonymous woman on an irrelevant message board really hurt some feelings... Now imagine if you had to deal with thousands of people flinging thousands of those accusations and insults directly at you for decades on end, a lot of which comes from concerned "fans". 

Do you all really wonder why Axl doesn't talk to us anymore? 

Edited by meadsoap

There are many ways to treat someone poorly. Throw as much money in people faces as you'd like... the real lasting impression is how you impact their mind, not their wallet. People like Irving Azoff and Jimmy Iovine are criminal for that.

There's a reason why Axl was the most unhappy in the most "productive" years of his career, and the most happy right now when he hasnt made new music in years. Put 2 and 2 together please. I'm not going to bother explaining it.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, meadsoap said:

and to the user who thought the picture was me. It was not. 

tumblr-9bd825ab6f9cd4ea0a291e372b61f96e-

Thanks for providing a bigger picture of your Avatar. 😀 The picture of Axl in the small frame of your Avatar looks like a sweet little girl dressing up like Axl. The bigger picture looks more like Axl himself. 😀

Yeah well I'd say the booklet was the only thing I wasn't thrilled about. I was excited to find the album in an independent record store a couple of days early, call a friend for him to ditch work and grab beer. Cover back n front, loved in my hands. Then opened the booklet to something I built up in my head to be better. No pun intended there. Album has been out for ages so I think we can say "better" in regular context now. 

like many have said - it is what it is and good for the label to make their money back. Obviously the question of how much money the label was making by selling GNR's album and if it was fair from a humanistic perspective will always be there, but a deal's a deal and since the Illusions era you could argue that the band was throwing money away by renting expensive studios for months, bunch of equipment and techs, etc. It's a point that various members have noted in their bios and for Axl to keep delaying the album so much was lunacy. Of course Mr. Rose himself came here and gave his perspective on the whole ordeal and how there was always a conspiracy behind his back to reunite the old band but I'm glad that at least we got some music released with a decent master in the 20+ plus years I've been a fan. 

Speaking of me thinking that picture of Axl in Mead's Avatar was a sweet little girl dressed up like Axl, it reminds me of someone who asked something like,"Who is that pretty red headed girl watching TV in the Welcome To The Jungle music video? She's gorgeous!" A Guns N'Roses Fan answered something like,"Pretty, gorgeous, red headed girl watching TV in the Welcome To The Jungle music video? LMAO! That's no pretty, gorgeous red headed girl watching TV in the Welcome To The Jungle music video! That's Axl Rose, a MAN! LMAO!  🤣 Another Fan said something like," In the OP's defense, Axl looks REALLY androgynous in the Welcome To The Jungle music video and often did look REALLY androgynous when he was younger." 

If Axl releases CD in 2002 in support of the tour, There Was a Time as lead single a long with epic music video, doesn't no-show in Philly, does full promotion of the album, it sells 10 million plus guaranteed. 

Thank God the record company forced out the record. Otherwise all of epic Robin solos would have been ruined by Slash's replacements. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

A lot of conventional wisdom within the fanbase is that if Axl had just gotten the album out in the late nineties, or early 00's, everything would have been better. But I don't buy into that logic at all. By 1995, GNR was pretty much your dad's music. They weren't going to capture any more market share within the youth demographic. The Seattle scene had taken care of that. So really, the only way to go was Stones 2.0. You stay together, put out blue-based rock, and you gracefully grow older together and have a nice, respectable, long career.

But that didn't happen.

Axl hired a bunch of new people, tried to become something he wasn't, tried to make the band become something that it wasn't... which meant what, exactly? Who was going to buy into that? The OG fans weren't, because it wasn't like the old stuff. The kids weren't, because pfft GNR? Whatever, boomer.

That's why CD was doomed from the start. They could have let Axl keep the record and have him keep waiting. Nothing was going to matter in the end. The best bet, was to keep all the material, get the original band back together, have them cherry pick what they wanted, then put out a proper album.

But no.

Cause GNR.

metallica did really well w load in 1996 and that was a pretty fan upsetting album.,,, it still did as well as UYI (7 million US). so a GNR album in 96 or 00 probs would’ve done well if it was good 

5 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

If Axl releases CD in 2002 in support of the tour, There Was a Time as lead single a long with epic music video, doesn't no-show in Philly, does full promotion of the album, it sells 10 million plus guaranteed. 

Thank God the record company forced out the record. Otherwise all of epic Robin solos would have been ruined by Slash's replacements. 

Had it have come out in 2002 I don't think anything would have changed trajectory wise. Axl was in a bad place 2002 it seems and I think the pressure and criticism was just too much. The tour would have ended still and Axl would have disappeared. Bucket would have left etc. 

2006 on the other hand, the lost opportunity. To this day not getting Better out as a single in 2006 is one of their biggest mistakes. The momentum was there, people were excited in 06 and the band on fire. Better was finished. It could have been a huge hit. 

• Like 2