New Tommy interiew says CD was ripped from Axls hands by the Record companr

Best Buy paid for a million copies of the album. If ripping it out of Axl's hands was the difference between executing that deal or not, he was right to force the album out. If they wait another 6 months or a year, who knows if another chance comes for the label to make their money back like they had with Best Buy. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

And this is why we'll probably never have a GN'R album of new material. You can't force an artist to share art against their will. It's a violation. It's a breach of trust. If I were in Axl's shoes, I wouldn't be so willing to give a single other scrap to an industry and a fanbase that treated me so poorly.

He was right to say fuck all of you and cash the reunion check, then go about his life unconcerned and happy.

Nec minit...... Village Leaks and half the remix album lol

I always enjoy hearing Tommy talk about that time period. He seems to look back on it fondly and seems to really love the album. It's also cool when he goes to shows.  I don't think it would have been possible to find a better replacement for Duff.  He was just the perfect choice.  If Duff ever had to step away for any reason I would gladly welcome Tommy back.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, meadsoap said:

And this is why we'll probably never have a GN'R album of new material. You can't force an artist to share art against their will. It's a violation. It's a breach of trust. If I were in Axl's shoes, I wouldn't be so willing to give a single other scrap to an industry and a fanbase that treated me so poorly.

He was right to say fuck all of you and cash the reunion check, then go about his life unconcerned and happy.

And Axl hasn't treated the fan base poorly? What a joke!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

That was one of the early works of the renowned graphic artist Sir Fernando Lebeis.

Although later in his career he has moved on from pixel inspired art into product design such as GNR toy truck.

Can't wait to witness one of his works going under the hammer at Christie's !

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, meadsoap said:

If an artist's goal is to make a good living off of their art they have to make compromises.  If they just want to make art to express themselves they can do whatever they want.  

If buying a ton of records and continuing to pay to go see concerts is the sign of being treated poorly by a fan base then I guess Taylor Swift is a victim of abuse compared to Axl!  How has the fanbase treated him poorly (other than some complaining about his voice at 54-61 years old on the internet).

On 9/26/2023 at 7:46 PM, meadsoap said:

I wish we all could be treated so poorly. You’re completely delusional to the point of being so utterly insulting to everyone’s intelligence.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:46 PM, meadsoap said:

Wow. You seem like a sweet girl in your Avatar and reading your post is a complete and shocking 180 from how sweet your Avatar is. 

On 9/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, meadsoap said:

Wow lol

So axl is allowed to just waste millions of dollars of the record companies money and not release anything that he was contractly abliged to release.

Ok then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1