THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

4 minutes ago, Rayvela said:

I’ve listened to nu GnR on boots and I used to by the concert bootlegs on eBay forever ago. I don’t believe these to have slash or duff, bass sounds like Tommy from live recordings, guitar sounds like Richard’s tone and solo. I can hear a lil Robin and BH I think. As for female voice you can hear that a lil on atlas. I agree with vinyl rip doubters. I was trying to be nice earlier. However one of my homies rips vinyl and it’s hard to get a good recording. He has a whole process 

Homies? Nothing can be taken serious after that 

48 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

Both songs leaked because the hoarders had them for a long time. Those songs are demos from early 2000s, and Slash isn't playing on them. And I'm not talking about the Slash feeling / guitar sound / playing at all. But there is no chance that a recording from 2018 has leaked, if they reworked the songs believe me they are very safe. 

If they are demos from the early 00's (they are not), how would the hoarders know that the song is now called Monsters ? It certainly had another title at that time. Or how would they know that it was the same track that they had?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If they are demos from the early 00's (they are not), how would the hoarders know that the song is now called Monsters ? It certainly had another title at that tham. Or how would they know that it was the same track that they had?

Good question! But it doesn't prove they're not demos, because they registered "The General and Monsters" on musical rights which is 1 song, so why would they give us a song only called "Monsters"? 

And thanks to Marco Beltrami yesterday, we know these 2 tracks were not supposed to be linked and the orchestral work was independent for both songs, so it can't be the "Monsters" which goes with "The General"

Also, the 2006 intro has parts of both songs. So we also know they merged the songs for some reason after Beltrami worked on them (D.. sent another message to Beltrami to confirm that)

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If they are demos from the early 00's (they are not), how would the hoarders know that the song is now called Monsters ? It certainly had another title at that time. Or how would they know that it was the same track that they had?

This makes sense and logical. We'll find out definitely when they are released. This was my no.1 question when they were leaked, where did they come from? 

1 minute ago, kitstuai said:

Good question! But it doesn't prove they're not demos, because they registered "The General and Monsters" on musical rights which is 1 song, so why would they give us a song only called "Monsters"? 

And thanks to Marco Beltrami yesterday, we know these 2 tracks were not supposed to be linked and the orchestral work was independent for both songs, so it can't be the "Monsters" which goes with "The General"

Also, the 2006 intro has parts of both songs. So we also know they merged the songs for some reason after Beltrami worked on them (D.. sent another message to Beltrami to confirm that)

There are explanations for all that. Read the comments in the Beltrami thread.

• Like 1

Trying to figure out where these came from is pointless and certainly not helpful to whoever did it if it was a random fan or hoarder...

But the signs are there anyway. The original links staying live as long as they did uncontested, that it happened straight after the 7" screw up when the fanbase was in uproar and when people were threatening to cancel orders, That at least one (& probably both) clearly have Slash on them, that they don't sound like vinyl rips too much... All those factors should narrow the field quite a lot.

I'm just happy we have them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Just to be clear.... Monsters is actually what we know as Soul Monster? 

But Monsters is just the title we received. Maybe the real title was Soul Monster and the guy who leaked the songs changed the title to Monsters because of the music rights thing

• PERHAPS 1

Just now, kitstuai said:

But Monsters is just the title we received. Maybe the real title was Soul Monster and the guy who leaked the songs changed the title to Monsters because of the music rights thing

Then it would be registered as The General And Soul Monster if it was the real title

Just now, kitstuai said:

And how would he be sure that it was the same song he had? Or that "Monsters" wasn't just part of a new title of The General (since the registration in the database suggests that it's one song)?

Just now, Blackstar said:

And how would he be sure that it was the same song he had? Or that "Monsters" wasn't just part of a new title of The General (since the registration in the database suggests that it's one song)?

Because of the 2006 intro and cell phone clip which tends to say that The General and Soul Monster merged

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If they are demos from the early 00's (they are not), how would the hoarders know that the song is now called Monsters ? It certainly had another title at that tham. Or how would they know that it was the same track that they had?

If the leaker is who I think of, he's a diehard fan and must have followed the credits thing regarding the vinyl, so either he named the second song because of those credits (& lyrics during the song) or it was already named like this when he bought & received the files. It's not impossible Monsters has been called that way for quite some time.

Or it's an inside job but it's unlikely the more I think of it, because it did leaked in a specific place.

Most likely scenario: as the vinyl was about to be released and the credits got out, whoever leaked those tracks bought it from a hoarder who felt the value of both songs would crash after the vinyl's release. The deal must have happened recently, but before October 26th, when it was clear the vinyl would be delayed or even cancelled.

If those came from a hoarder, it's more likely it's old versions from the 2000s. Maybe early 2010's. I'm just not hearing it, I'm still convinced it's Slash & Duff. If it's not then great news, means we'll have two versions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cstephenson88 said:

Does anyone think these were the poor quality vinyl mixes that caused the delays?

The song was too long and they thought it would fit the 7" well and they failed. If the vinyl release is a 12" or 33 RPM, that is the reason. If not, I don't know

2 minutes ago, D.. said:

If the leaker is who I think of, he's a diehard fan and must have followed the credits thing regarding the vinyl, so either he named the second song because of those credits (& lyrics during the song) or it was already named like this when he bought & received the files. It's not impossible Monsters has been called that way for quite some time.

In that case, though, it would be still an older version and not one with Slash and Duff. Because I don't know if that person would have access to recent recordings with Slash and Duff - I don't think that these would circulate in the "black market"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In that case, though, it would be still an older version and not one with Slash and Duff. Because I don't know if that person would have access to recent recordings with Slash and Duff - I don't think that these would circulate in the "black market"

Did they keep Fortus or Buckethead or Finck solos on the recent Absurd, Hard Skool or Perhaps release or it's full Slash? Because if it's only Slash, why a version with Slash and Fortus sharing a solo exist in the first place? 

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes it would mean older versions (without Slash and Duff). If we find out the vinyl features the same versions, then those leaks didn’t come from a hoarder.