THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

So if Monsters is Soul Monster the person who posted the “they say the stars don’t look the same, I may have changed, yet I have my soul to claim” (or something close to that) was bullshitting. Unless those lyrics are from another song we have yet to hear. 

Seems likely that person's full of shit.

However, if memory serves he actually said the line was from "Me and My Elvis" which later became "In This Grave". 

At the time, we all assumed that "Me and My Elvis" was the same song as "Soul Monster", but that no longer appears to be the case. It is a different song, so in theory could still be true lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miden34 said:

also you are a fucking asshole. no need to be a dick when someone is just posting their opinion. you are a dumb ass bitch little cunt

i fucking PROMISE they arent one song and that we ONLY get monsters on the vinyl. im 1000% sure of this. cause like the guy from the GNR camp said a while back, "The general is monsters"

You're 10000% sure? the guy who says it isnt slash? Lol take this shit elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miden34 said:

Its was a gentleman  who made a video talking about the leaks and the authenticity of them. So i checked out the song and i could for sure find the 48.1kHz. i didnt see a 2006 date myself. but again, the audio quilty CAN NOT be ripped that high from a vinyl. 

The highest frequency recorded will depend on the track velocity and the size of the needle. Mechanically then, LPs cannot record much beyond 10 kHz without using a smaller-than-standard stylus. In fact the cutoff of frequencies recorded today is around 24 kHz.

they are both digital leaks, not from the vinyl. someone release the generals original demo, then release the general (and monsters) the finished product with it. 

Like many others already said, you can record the vinyl playback at any rate. It doesn't matter if the mp3 is 48 kHz, you can record radio or cassete in 48 kHz just fine. Also like many people already said, I agree that it's not a vinyl rip. But that doesn't mean anything really.

I demonstrated a few pages back, The General orchestra and Monsters orchestra are different. Those are different songs that coexisted at least as far as 2010-ish. Monsters didn't come from The General. The key is different, the tempo is different, the chords are different, the lyrics are different. There's absolutely nothing in common between the two songs besides the lyrics theme and the fact that Marco Beltrami wrote an orchestra arrangement for each track.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He's obviously going to butcher and barbecue a donkey.

funny guy

7 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

And now we have the true definition of man. One who eats ass. Female ass or male ass? or just any ass?

my own her own.... his own.... whatever xD i meant what i said and said what i meant. if im wrong... ass i shall eat... im gonna be Aldrich the ass devourer 

Edited by Miden34

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Like many others already said, you can record the vinyl playback at any rate. It doesn't matter if the mp3 is 48 kHz, you can record radio or cassete in 48 kHz just fine. Also like many people already said, I agree that it's not a vinyl rip. But that doesn't mean anything really.

I demonstrated a few pages back, The General orchestra and Monsters orchestra are different. Those are different songs that coexisted at least as far as 2010-ish. Monsters didn't come from The General. The key is different, the tempo is different, the chords are different, the lyrics are different. There's absolutely nothing in common between the two songs besides the lyrics theme and the fact that Marco Beltrami wrote an orchestra arrangement for each track.

So what do you think about the future release? We will get "The General" as we have it now without Monsters? Or both songs as a 9 minutes track?