To longer time Guns N'Roses Fans on here, were the live shows worth the wait? 😀

19 hours ago, Karice said:

I am so envious of you guys that got to see Axl live back in the days. I am trying to find a envious emoji.😫 🥹 I guess those emojis will have to do.  😏

It was quite an experience. The 2006 show especially i saw was probably the best gig to this day i have ever seen. I wish I had bootlegged the show, the setlist alone was immense. Axl sounded insane. Izzy was there too.

Got Better, The Blues, IRS, Madagascar all before they were released, they also played Out Ta Get Me and Think About You.

• Like 3

Like Amir, I was at the AC 2012 show. And yes they didn’t come on til midnight ish, but it was the perfect set list for that time, place, and version of the band. They rocked it til close to 3:30 AM, and the crowds energy never waned. The amount of folks singing along to the “new” songs was great too. Still my favorite, and I’ve seen them quite a few times since 2016. Closest show in quality was AC, again, in 2021. 

• Like 1

So, Axl sings in Mr. Brownstone,"Show starts around 7, we get on stage around 9." I being an even newer Fan at the time I first heard Mr. Brownstone was like,"Is Axl implying that Guns N'Roses show up around TWO HOURS LATE? 😱😳🤨😐😮🥶😬WTF? 😱😳 🤨😐😮🥶😬I didn't know what was in store for me with how late the Gun Brothers and their Rose Brother were when it comes to live shows! 🤣😜😏  The updated Mr. Brownstone lyrics should be,"Show starts around 7, we get on stage around 10." 😏😜🤣

Edited by Karice

• Karice changed the title to To longer time Guns N'Roses Fans on here, were the live shows worth the wait? 😀

About Axl coming three hours late to shows, at least one Fan questioned why the Venues didn't just say something like,"Show starts at 9 PM, Guns N'Roses will most likely go on stage at 12AM, show will most likely end at 3 AM. " 🤔

Edited by Karice

On 11/2/2023 at 10:34 AM, Zeppelin said:

I was never close to leaving a show because I already knew who Axl was going into it.

The Fan I mentioned was possibly a newer fan who didn't know about Axl's chronic tardiness and was expecting a Guns N'Roses Show to start around the advertised time and was dismayed he had been waiting about 3 hours. I wonder exactly what keeps the crowd entertained for roughly 3 hours before Axl shows up on stage. That's roughly the same time as the Titanic movie. What is the crowd doing for roughly 3 hours? Are they listening to like 30 different Opening Acts? 🤔

3 hours ago, Karice said:

The Fan I mentioned was possibly a newer fan who didn't know about Axl's chronic tardiness and was expecting a Guns N'Roses Show to start around the advertised time and was dismayed he had been waiting about 3 hours. I wonder exactly what keeps the crowd entertained for roughly 3 hours before Axl shows up on stage. That's roughly the same time as the Titanic movie. What is the crowd doing for roughly 3 hours? Are they listening to like 30 different Opening Acts? 🤔

Mostly we drank beer. Sometime's a fan would kick off and make a scene threatening to leave and trying to convince others to do so as well, but everyone would just glare at them and call them a knobhead until they sat down . One time in 2010 while waiting for them to come on i saw a couple having sex against the railings of the seated section. We all cheered them on... so that took up some time. Apart from that you would just talk to random people "What forum are you on? what's your username? Do you have The General? Those sorts of things. Just to pass the time you know?

Then we'd all do cocaine so we could drink even more... good time's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In 2010, I remember he was a bit late to my show. But I was REALLY pissed at RIR 2011 cause Axl showed up like more than 2h late, it was raining like hell, cold as fuck and, if I'm not mistaken, it was a Sunday. When I got home, after the show, the sun was almost rising. And it was that god awful show. When I saw them in 2014, I don't remember them being too late. Haven't seen 'em live since then. I'd be pissed as hell to wait more than an hour nowadays.

I remember waiting for 3 hours in Spain but we got Izzy and some rare songs. I was also rushing from Yellowstone to Las Vegas to make it in time for the concert. I was there in time: gnr? Late lol. But when they started we got yesterdays for the first time since ‘93 and prostitute

i also remember that in Belgium, I think 2012, they started 30 minutes EARLY. that show was shit 😉

16 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Mostly we drank beer. Sometime's a fan would kick off and make a scene threatening to leave and trying to convince others to do so as well, but everyone would just glare at them and call them a knobhead until they sat down . One time in 2010 while waiting for them to come on i saw a couple having sex against the railings of the seated section. We all cheered them on... so that took up some time. Apart from that you would just talk to random people "What forum are you on? what's your username? Do you have The General? Those sorts of things. Just to pass the time you know?

Then we'd all do cocaine so we could drink even more... good time's.

You guys were allowed to do Cocaine at Guns N'Roses Show? 😱😳 What you answered all seems like a wild time and a wild way to pass the time before Axl and the Guns went on stage. The couple "Dancing," against the railings is just .. 😳😱 I just assumed the audience was just sitting there politely listening to like 30 Opening Acts until Axl and the Guns go on stage. Your post seems like a true rock and roll vibe, very thrilling and entertaining , much more entertaining and thrilling than politely listening to like 30 Opening Acts. 🤭

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Karice said:

You guys were allowed to do Cocaine at Guns N'Roses Show? 😱😳 What you answered all seems like a wild time and a wild way to pass the time before Axl and the Guns went on stage. The couple "Dancing," against the railings is just .. 😳😱 I just assumed the audience was just sitting there politely listening to like 30 Opening Acts until Axl and the Guns go on stage. Your post seems like a true rock and roll vibe, very thrilling and entertaining , much more entertaining and thrilling than politely listening to like 30 Opening Acts. 🤭

There was one opening act but i cant remember who, the real real opening act was that girl on the railings and her opening :shock:. I wouldn't say we were allowed to do coke exactly but when there's thousands of you, what are security going to do? :D

Edited by Rindmelon
double post

31 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

There was one opening act but i cant remember who, the real real opening act was that girl on the railings and her opening :shock:. I wouldn't say we were allowed to do coke exactly but when there's thousands of you, what are security going to do? :D

Wow. 😳 What year was this? This seems like something straight out of 1987, not a recent year. And I thought the couple openly making out in the Paradise City music video where wilding, but your post tops that like 100 times! 😱😳

41 minutes ago, Karice said:

Wow. 😳 What year was this? This seems like something straight out of 1987, not a recent year. And I thought the couple openly making out in the Paradise City music video where wilding, but your post tops that like 100 times! 😱😳

2010. But yeah those shows were rowdy, awful manners. Drug snorting, fist throwing, pissing in pint glasses and throwing them.... and the men were no better.:D:P

Edited by Rindmelon

15 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

2010. But yeah those shows were rowdy, awful manners. Drug snorting, fist throwing, pissing in pint glasses and throwing them.... and the men were no better.:D:P

2010 was fairly recent, I'd think this would be more like 1987 then 2010. Wow! 😳😱  And those were WOMEN doing those things? 😱😳

On 11/4/2023 at 6:33 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

They started around 10:00 when I saw them in 2010 and I thought wow, he's early! :lol:

I saw 4 of the Vegas residency shows between 2012-14 and I don't think they ever hit the stage before midnight. The 2014 shows might've been close to midnight though.

The shows were always worth it.

Hmm. A Poster said something like,"Axl and the Guns started 30 minutes EARLY and it was one of the WORST shows from them I have ever been too!" 🤣🤔