AC/DC 2024 tour rumours

SAU3R

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Dunno how much I trust that. Bratislava makes absolutely no sense on such a short tour. Not to mention they've never played Slovakia before, and AC/DC isn't particularly adventurous about playing new countries.

i doubt the above posted is the whole tour. seems like there'll be a bunch more cities coming

On 1/8/2024 at 9:19 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Screenshot_20240108-091840.thumb.png.f672600c33582f6944a7af2b7f3aa839.png

Those German dates are very boring to me. I'll probably do some out of country shows.

That Marco guy said that he was asked to take this post down on a German AC/DC forum, so there seems to be some truth to those dates.

Apparently he was also told that a tour is being planned, so that’s another more or less „confirmation“

I really hope this week's the week.
After all the info that has already surfaced n been rumoured it might seem the right time for them to get something rolling.
Also its already halfway through January so better to believe its sooner than later.

6 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

it's getting a bit annoying by now

It really is.
I hope something gets announced this week because I will either go to see /DC or Metallica this summer.
If they're not playing my country then its 100% metallica.
Would love to know this before all the tickets get sold.

On 12/7/2023 at 5:07 AM, Powderfinger said:

There was a Malcom shaped hole in the sound last time I saw them. People rattle on about Angus and he deserves the plaudits but Malcom drove that band with his right hand and it doesn’t sound the same without him and drum wise Chris Slade is no Phil Rudd. That Malcom/Phil engine just isn’t replaceable. Black Ice was the last great tour. I saw 3 shows on that tour and they were the best ACDC gigs I’ve seen.

Stevie definitely doesn't have Malcoms feel, but I think the biggest issue has been Chris Slade... who is obviously a capable drummer, but didn't suit playing Phils songs. The latest guy is pretty good though I must say, I'd be on for seeing them with him if Phil still can't tour.

ye it is really annoying, if nothing gets announced tommorrow then it's a total red cross on them in my summer plans.
I basically just focused on getting tix and accommodation for another band's gig, this waiting got too tiring for me.

If we don’t hear anything by the end of next week I’ll start to worry. At the moment I’m optimistic we’ll hear something soon. The lineup however will be another question

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

i mean, several sources now said the plan is to release it in january. it HAS to come at some point. otherwise its not looking good and that would be huge, if the tour wouldnt come to fruition

this + looking at how many dates have surfaced already makes it absolutely unreasonable to push it into February

On 1/27/2024 at 8:04 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Very disappointing if true, although I can fully understand cliffs wish to spend more time with his family. If Cliff and Phil are out, that’s a whole new rhythm section. I’ll probably only do one show in that case 

I’d really rather they’d do a small tour (10-15 shows) with the Power Up/Power Trip line up than a whole tour with Angus/Brian + friends which is basically a continuation of the ROB tour shitshow 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1

Agree it's disappointing news about Cliff. Was pleased that he did the album and Power Trip and completely get his reasons for not wanting to tour. Feel extremely lucky that I got to see them at Download as a kid with Malcolm, Phil and Cliff. It seems things are still very much rumbling in the background for 2024 so hope that something is happening. In spite of the lineup changes I'm still tempted to go and see Brian and Angus back on stage together. If they get a bass player I'm a fan of that would sweeten the deal for me (like when Axl filled it for Brian) - wonder if Duff would be up for it :lol: 

Seriously though, still hoping this happens. Wonder if they'll be doing Hyde Park as a London date as the BST lineup isn't out yet.