AC/DC 2024 tour rumours

SAU3R

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Pre-sale started 90 minutes ago as I'm typing this.

They are already selling tickets for previously unannounced additional concerts in Hannover and Dresden, one hour after pre-sale began.

And even those are almost sold out already.

Yeah. I had that happen to me with Rammstein. While I was trying like an idiot to get tickets for the 2 Frankfurt concerts for about 90 minutes, they put a third one on sale and by the time I noticed that, all of those tickets were gone too.

On 2/12/2024 at 4:23 PM, Gunner Gilby said:

They should've just asked (or never gotten rid of for the second time) Chris Slade. Sounds like even after his stroke a while back he still plays great.

I'm sorry, did you not listen to that clip of him playing Thunderstruck? The beat dropped out entirely at points. He was already a shadow of what he was in 1991 when he rejoined in 2015. After this stroke, he's just in a sad state to behold.

On 3/7/2024 at 3:59 PM, evilfacelessturtle said:

I'm sorry, did you not listen to that clip of him playing Thunderstruck? The beat dropped out entirely at points. He was already a shadow of what he was in 1991 when he rejoined in 2015. After this stroke, he's just in a sad state to behold.

I've seen the live version of Thunderstruck you're referring too. And yeah he fluffed a few of the drum parts but like a pro recovered and carried on. Even the best musicians have off nights and performances. There's other videos of Slade drumming post stroke where his drumming's fine.

As for your comment about him being a shadow of himself or at least his drumming when he rejoined in 2015. Angus is a businessman as much as he's a musician. If he thought Slade didn't still have the chops he wouldn't have gotten him back. Or does Angus have bad hearing too?

Phil Rudd's criminal record is going to be a permanent problem travelling to certain countries. I think most would rather Slade than a substitute.

15 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I've seen the live version of Thunderstruck you're referring too. And yeah he fluffed a few of the drum parts but like a pro recovered and carried on. Even the best musicians have off nights and performances. There's other videos of Slade drumming post stroke where his drumming's fine.

As for your comment about him being a shadow of himself or at least his drumming when he rejoined in 2015. Angus is a businessman as much as he's a musician. If he thought Slade didn't still have the chops he wouldn't have gotten him back. Or does Angus have bad hearing too?

Phil Rudd's criminal record is going to be a permanent problem travelling to certain countries. I think most would rather Slade than a substitute.

That is some strong copium you're smoking.

Angus was between a rock and a hard place in 2015 and unexpectedly needed a drummer fast. Slade was the last drummer they worked with, so he got the call. Why do you think he didn't get the call back for Power Trip? Angus did not feel he was good enough. Matt Laug showed just how much Slade was holding them back. And I was one of the people defending Slade against criticism in 2015-2016.

I'm a Slade fan but there's no way he could cut it for a full show, let alone a tour, now. Even by the end of 2016 he was pretty gassed. He would try to play some of the more upbeat songs like Let There Be Rock or Whole Lotta Rosie with those steady eighths as he did in 1991 but couldn't keep up. He nearly gave those songs a shuffle feel! Listen to basically any Rosie from the American run and you'll hear it. Let There Be Rock he'd switch to singles during the mid-section to give himself a rest. It really stood out to me at the Buffalo gig I attended.

Sure, they're all getting old but there's just something disconnected about Slade's playing now. I can't fault the guy for still doing his thing post-stroke, but the band certainly sounded tighter with Laug on the kit.

• GNFNR 1

To me it is more symbolic that they are out there still, anyways. I don't care a whole lot how they sound. I'm happy Slade got another go around in 2015-2016. I bet he was, too. Anything left now just matters for Angus and Brian imo

Edited by ZoSoRose

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 1:22 PM, We love Axl Rose said:

If there's a US tour I will move heaven and earth to get there. TPR are one of my favorite bands out there today. This is one hell of a twin bill.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:48 PM, evilfacelessturtle said:

Man I hope this works out and they add a US leg. I'd love to see them with Laug, playing IYWB and Riff Raff. He really gave them a shot in the arm.

Or was it a Shot in the Dark?