AC/DC 2024 tour rumours

SAU3R

Seems like things are in motion behind the scenes. The Munich town hall more or less „confirmed“ that the Olympiastadion is booked for 12th June - Ed Sheeran has to play another venue for that reason. Also there seem to be negotiations for Hippodrome de Longchamps in Paris for 15th August:

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/fussball-em-euro-2024-muenchen-ed-sheeran-konzert-acdc-1.6300601

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02R4QjFyhAZtRzEMRdD2QLVGt2SWAXxHGxacQDTShAozRMA34BSraC3nFpV1UG1ntrl&id=100044162693048&mibextid=WC7FNe

Bring it on! 

25 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

According to "Ticketbande" they'll play 12 shows in Germany with the first being in Gelsenkirchen. That page seems to be very untrustworthy it seems, although they're claiming to know that through "well informed sources".

I can’t see them playing 12 shows in Germany. They played 12 shows in Germany during the whole ROB tour, and there’s no way a future tour is gonna be this extensive. I’d be happy they play 12 shows in total around the world… 

• GNFNR 1

17 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

They haven't been to South America since the Black Ice tour. They did NA, Europe & Oceania for the Rock or Bust tour, so they owe us that!

Hopefully they come here soon. I need to see them, I was too young for their 2009 River Plate show :( 

That river plate concert got to be one of the best ever. That crowd gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That river plate concert got to be one of the best ever. That crowd gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.

For me personally, it hurts every time because my first concert was just a few months later (Gn’R March 2010, vs ACDC’s December 2009). It’s definitely the band I want to see the most, just because I missed that show.

I consider it one of the best rock concerts in history.

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/Y3JpZDovL2JyLmRlL3ZpZGVvLzEzYzFlNWEzLTkxM2UtNDZiMy05YmFjLWZkNWM3MjllODRmZA

The mayor confirmed the AC/DC gig on June 12 on German TV! Time to book accommodation there!

i'm hoping for something in the western region of germany or amsterdam. but i'd do munich too if none of those come to fruition 

53 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

i'm hoping for something in the western region of germany or amsterdam. but i'd do munich too if none of those come to fruition 

Yeah western Germany would be better for me as well, but just to be safe I just booked a refundable room in Munich.

30 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The best concert of the Brian era still is Live at Donington. No other show holds a candle to that one.

I saw them for the first time on the Razors Edge tour, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. I've seen them 10 times, and it's easily the best of the 10. The AXL/DC show would be the second beat. 

19 hours ago, Sosso said:

The best concert of the Brian era still is Live at Donington. No other show holds a candle to that one.

Agreed, that is a band firing on all cylinders. The album is nothing special, but man - that tour. Brian’s nastiest live vocals ever, the precision in the rhythm section, Slade pushing the tempos. Can’t beat it. AC/DC Live is one of my all-time favorite live albums, that era just never gets old. 

• Like 4