AC/DC 2024 tour rumours

SAU3R

There was a Malcom shaped hole in the sound last time I saw them. People rattle on about Angus and he deserves the plaudits but Malcom drove that band with his right hand and it doesn’t sound the same without him and drum wise Chris Slade is no Phil Rudd. That Malcom/Phil engine just isn’t replaceable. Black Ice was the last great tour. I saw 3 shows on that tour and they were the best ACDC gigs I’ve seen.

• Like 1

Slade won't be back. From what I saw it was repurposed quotes from an old interview.

Pretty easy for the supposed "insiders" to keep shifting to "no, tomorrow is going to be the day instead" and then claim to have known all along when something eventually does materialize.

I think it's better to just wait for the AC/DC camp at this point. Lots of going in circles on the AC/DC forum. Lots of predictions getting muddled with speculation from local news and so forth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

this one? image.png.1545136824ddac7c34242967be280aa7.png

Yes. Someone on the forum bought the issue and nowhere does it actually provide that quote or proof. The problem with running away with headlines. Slade can barely get through a song post-stroke. Why wouldn't he have been at Power Trip? It just doesn't make sense.

It was a reworking of this:

https://rockcandymag.com/blog/post/theyd-just-look-each-other-and-wed-go-it-was-angus-and-mal-could-read-each-others-minds-ive-never-seen-anything-it

https://sleazeroxx.com/chris-slade-did-not-realize-thunderstruck-would-end-up-being-acdcs-biggest-single/

From a semi-recent interview where he talked about Thunderstruck.

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 10:06 PM, highvoltage said:

I don't know how I feel about it. 

I would go, but after seeing the Power Trip footage, I'm not sure a tour is the best idea, or even a good idea at all.

They just don't sound good - both Brian and Angus barely holding it together, Stevie isn't suddenly going to become Malcolm, Cliff already wanted to go out and we don't know if Phil would be part of it or not. 

P.S. - Donnington is great, but honestly folks... Largo is where it's at:

https://youtu.be/ZsWoxDvSJJ8?si=MfcAFkAgMQTZ_stz

I agree. I am glad I have seen AC/DC. 2009, in particular was insane. I was a teenager, still and it was the BiB lineup. Plus, they had the crazy stage show with the train and I saw them on the floor. Can't get much better than that for me and AC/DC.

If they do a full tour, I will be glad for all the people who have not gotten to see them before. They may be older, but it would still be a good box to check.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 7:27 PM, James Bond said:

Yes. Someone on the forum bought the issue and nowhere does it actually provide that quote or proof. The problem with running away with headlines. Slade can barely get through a song post-stroke. Why wouldn't he have been at Power Trip? It just doesn't make sense.

It was a reworking of this:

https://rockcandymag.com/blog/post/theyd-just-look-each-other-and-wed-go-it-was-angus-and-mal-could-read-each-others-minds-ive-never-seen-anything-it

https://sleazeroxx.com/chris-slade-did-not-realize-thunderstruck-would-end-up-being-acdcs-biggest-single/

From a semi-recent interview where he talked about Thunderstruck.

I just don't see why they'd spend the guts of two months rehearsing with another drummer to then decide to change and bring Chris Slade back in. Not saying it's out of the question, but it would be odd.

• 2 weeks later...

„Yes, the waiting is frustrating but what can we do... Apparently parts of the tour schedule had to be replanned as the band asked for more days off to rest, hence the announcement still has not been released. At least in Germany we wil get a full scale tour with ca. 10 shows. Worth mentioning that it looks like there will be no gig in Berlin this time (I hope they still can squeeze this in somehow and will not ommit Berlin as the shows there and the prepartys organized by the local fanclub on the past tours were exceptionally good). Aside from that expected concerts in Munich, Hannover, Gelsenkirchen, Stuttgart, Hockenheim, Dresden and Nuremberg (no idea about the sequence of the shows and in some of these places they plan to do two shows, most likely in Munich, Hannover and Gelsenkirchen), along with two gigs in Vienna / Austria. Same promoter is also trying to set up a show or two in eastern Europe. No idea when to expect start of ticket sales at the moment. Other artists (e.g. Pearl Jam) were supposed to reveal their plans for a European tour schedule 2024 this month as well, but haven't yet (they only announced two festival shows) so I guess this is a little complicated at the moment if you look on the already well booked venues with other major tours and the football Euro tournament in Germany in the summer coming up.“

posted on the AC/DC forum. Poster seems to be legit 

Alternative Nation just posted: "AC/DC are rumored to make a tour dates announcement at T-Mobile Park in Seattle on Thursday."

Posted on the abovementioned acdc fans forum.

On 1/2/2024 at 11:25 PM, K00b4 said:

Alternative Nation just posted: "AC/DC are rumored to make a tour dates announcement at T-Mobile Park in Seattle on Thursday."

Posted on the abovementioned acdc fans forum.

I find it unlikely as there have been no rumours about the states yet.

Yeah, the focus seems to be on Europe right now, it wouldn’t make any sense to announce something in Seattle.

Pearl Jam are due to announce a US tour and they have a Seattle connection so maybe they’ll announce something and AN confused it 

Either way, we are about to find it out in less than an hour - reportedly some sorta announcement is planned for a stadium in Chicago at 10 am their time, being 50 min from now.

Nothing here as well, which just shows that it still isn't /DC, at least for now.
Took the info from here, seems that some event is taking place with a live stream window that does not work for me sadly

4 minutes ago, K00b4 said:

Nothing here as well, which just shows that it still isn't /DC, at least for now.
Took the info from here, seems that some event is taking place with a live stream window that does not work for me sadly

Seems to be Billie Joel

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/billy-joel-stevie-nicks-announce-2024-one-night-only-chicago-show-at-soldier-field/3317721/

Dunno how much I trust that. Bratislava makes absolutely no sense on such a short tour. Not to mention they've never played Slovakia before, and AC/DC isn't particularly adventurous about playing new countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Dunno how much I trust that. Bratislava makes absolutely no sense on such a short tour. Not to mention they've never played Slovakia before, and AC/DC isn't particularly adventurous about playing new countries.

Yeah, why would the do two shows in Vienna and the one in Bratislava which is like 45 minutes away