AC/DC 2024 tour rumours

SAU3R

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I saw a proshot and they sound better than I thought they would

Brian sounds better than on the BI and RoB tours. Those Gigs are his best live performances since SuL.

• GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Brian sounds better than on the BI and RoB tours. Those Gigs are his best live performances since SuL.

I wish at least Cliff was in the band, still. I’d probably go if they come to Detroit after seeing that video

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I wish at least Cliff was in the band, still. I’d probably go if they come to Detroit after seeing that video

It's interesting. I always thought that Angus would only consider former band members or family members as replacements. The inclusion of Chris Chaney and Matt Laug proved me wrong.

Matt Laug reminds me of Phil Rudd during the Ballbreaker tour visually.

Edited by Sosso

17 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's interesting. I always thought that Angus would only consider former band members or family members as replacements. The inclusion of Chris Chaney and Matt Laug proved me wrong.

Matt Laug reminds me of Phil Rudd during the Ballbreaker tour visually.

Makes me wonder is Mal was the one so insistent to “keep it in the family”, so to speak. 

Totally agree about Matt’s look though :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Makes me wonder is Mal was the one so insistent to “keep it in the family”, so to speak. 

Or maybe it was just a misconception from the fans? We don't know how the inner circle of a band works.

I got the impression because of how stable the Ballbreaker line-up was. Also the Inclusion of Stevie and Chris.

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

That was my first thought when I saw him. The No Bull DVD :lol:

• GNFNR 1

It's been fun seeing Chaney singing along to all the tunes even when he's standing at the back. Both he and Matt are doing a fine job. Close your eyes and it still sounds like AC/DC. Total pros.

I think Stevie sounds more confident this time around too. Thunderstruck in particular sounds much better. In 2015/2016 he seemed to miss the nuances of how Malcolm picked the B chord throughout the first chunk of the song.

Angus is rocking a bit more gain too it seems. Sounds almost like his Razor's Edge tone. I think that's good. He sounds more confident and fluid.

Brian still doing well all things considered. I think dropping three songs was a smart move. Maybe we'll see some more tweaks and other songs pop up as time goes on.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well it fucking rained tonight in Munich reminds of May 7th Lisbon but even worse like I'm stood in shower fully clothed.

Angus is amazing 

BJ looks and acts like he's in Donny Park MOR he also sounds very good.

See them while you can although maybe nx year may happen if they can keep this up 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vienna had the best Thunderstruck of the tour so far. Brian finding a nice middle ground on the second verse, and the first verse sounds immense. I've heard Rock Or Bust performances that were much rougher from Brian.

And here's a cool multi-cam from Italy that someone mixed with a supposed IEM feed. Brian sounding pretty respectable.

I've been seriously impressed with Brian this tour. The high points definitely outweigh the low points, and he looks to be having a blast.