Unleaked songs

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The context what Slash said is that the "18 minute" version was pre-AFD, so it doesn't seem very likely that Estranged existed back then. I think Matt said it was two songs, but they were rehearsing them together.

Matt specifically said that it was one song...my guess is that it wasn't one song from the beginning, but who knows

• PERHAPS 1

I think I’m the only one who likes Dummy (one of the instrumentals from the Village Sessions).  Yeah it’s repetitive, but I think it’s interesting.  Give it an interesting bridge and I’d love to see what type of melodies Axl could have laid down over it.  Who knows if he ever did.

17 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

To all the haters : Oh, what a laugh it would have been If daddy had only seen Mommy blowing Santa Claus last night

Remember these words when the Guns N' Roses Christmas EP comes out.

I'm out of here.

Dude, I’ll have an 1/8th of whatever it is your smoking 

On 12/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, Mikey Whipwreck said:

This just reminded me of his take on Better,  which I'd previously blocked out. God it was awful. 

If referring to the studio remix leak, "Better2" existed in January of 2008, before Ashba was in the band. So, it's possible it was not his playing. We of course don't know what "Better2" was exactly, it may have been the acoustic version Bumblefoot recorded, which was a tremendous waste of time and effort. 

Just re-listened to the Eddie Trunk Interview when Baz gets Axl to come to the show from his rehearsal from 2006. He said on there that everything was done for the first 2 albums including Vocals and they were about half way done the 3rd album. It makes me believe even more that CD 2 was complete and all those tracks you named are just sitting there. Also if youve never listened to that interview its awesome, Axl tells a hilarious story about the leader singer of Great White, Chris Jericho is on as well, its pretty cool.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Just re-listened to the Eddie Trunk Interview when Baz gets Axl to come to the show from his rehearsal from 2006. He said on there that everything was done for the first 2 albums including Vocals and they were about half way done the 3rd album. It makes me believe even more that CD 2 was complete and all those tracks you named are just sitting there. Also if youve never listened to that interview its awesome, Axl tells a hilarious story about the leader singer of Great White, Chris Jericho is on as well, its pretty cool.

I have no dount that there are at least 10-15 finished tracks left. Theyre releasing the leaked songs first and safing the unleaked ons for a new album ir an anniversary box

13 hours ago, surforia said:

I think I’m the only one who likes Dummy (one of the instrumentals from the Village Sessions).  Yeah it’s repetitive, but I think it’s interesting.  Give it an interesting bridge and I’d love to see what type of melodies Axl could have laid down over it.  Who knows if he ever did.

It is definitely an interesting song, especially when the heavy part hits at 1:30 after the very monotonous start. It becomes a headbanger. I have listened to it quite a lot.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 6:46 PM, gavgnr said:

Dude, I’ll have an 1/8th of whatever it is your smoking 

On 12/15/2023 at 10:39 PM, Wabby said:

Well that we can kinda prove...I mean who knows how long he was planning an album to be when it was a trilogy....perhaps 3 discs of 10 songs? So at this point if you add what came with CD and what we've had since,.that's low 20s for songs with vocals....so yea...how far he got with CD3, who knows...maybe another 2 years of semi regular studio visits post that interview....

One day we'll get all this info (once he's gone most likely) we'll get documentation...in book form or someone spilling in an interview without fear...there will be studio sheets for every recording session thst ever occured/who played/how long/what was recorded...every studio has them.

Edited by colonizedmind