Do you guys think Guns N' Roses will be next year's half time act?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mingsubu said:

Lol is women's basketball even shown on tv? 

Lol women's basketball. It would hurt the band more than help.

The WNBA players aren't big names like the NBA players, but the league has managed to stick around for a few decades and continue to find a place for itself against all odds. They are almost like the Gilby Clarke of sports. 

Edited by gunsnchalupas

On 3/3/2024 at 1:13 AM, Free Bird said:

Axl still sounds like shit. Don’t give him a stage like this 

Oh I didn't mean I would give them the half time show.  I don't think any rock act is anywhere close to playing that again

It'll probably be like dua lipa or someone like that 

On 3/3/2024 at 1:13 AM, Free Bird said:

Axl still sounds like shit. Don’t give him a stage like this 

Oh I didn't mean I would give them the half time show.  I don't think any rock act is anywhere close to playing that again

It'll probably be like dua lipa or someone like that 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:30 PM, gunsnchalupas said:

Allgedly, the big reason for the rift between Axl and Buckethead was that Buckethead didn't think Axl was serious about the compulsory attendance for his yearly WNBA draft party. Stinson tried to warn him, but it was all down hill from there!

That was the 2003 draft too. I heard that Axl was so mad when the Indiana Fever missed out on Cheryl Ford, that he claimed Buckethead would never play for GNR again, and that's what got the ball rolling on the botched 2006 reunion.

Grain of salt of course, all just rumors, but it makes a lot of sense. 

I am surprised so few GNR fans are on board with the WNBA. It's on-brand for the image the band is going for now. Both are exciting products of similar speed and pace. I think it's a great fit for both sides.

Axl and Carrie Underwood could do for the WNBA what Swift and Kelce did for the NFL's popularity. 

How long until someone handles this total waste of everyone’s time?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

How long until someone handles this total waste of everyone’s time?

I reported OP to the mods ages ago and they did nothing. You'd think I asked them to record vocals or something. 

On 3/6/2024 at 11:59 PM, gunsnchalupas said:

I reported OP to the mods ages ago and they did nothing. You'd think I asked them to record vocals or something. 

You got me GOOD. I was literally seconds away from telling you off for reporting the OP, to the Mods saying something like,"So, the OP made a innocent thread about wanting to see Guns N'Roses as next years Halftime Show  and you reported him to the Mods? Not cool," 😒😐 and then I realized YOU are the OP and were making a joke. Once again, you got me good! 🤭

Edited by Karice
  • GNFNR 1

On the most recent episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm (S12E05), Larry claims to have seen two WNBA games in a conversation with Susie, who is wearing a Guns N' Roses t-shirt. 

I'm not saying Guns N Roses management secretly planted that clip to get us hyped up for the 2024 WNBA finals, but why else would it be there?

I guess we find out in October. Maybe they debut Atlas there and we finally get the EP. 

8 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

On the most recent episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm (S12E05), Larry claims to have seen two WNBA games in a conversation with Susie, who is wearing a Guns N' Roses t-shirt. 

I'm not saying Guns N Roses management secretly planted that clip to get us hyped up for the 2024 WNBA finals, but why else would it be there?

I guess we find out in October. Maybe they debut Atlas there and we finally get the EP. 

Curb Your Enthusiasm is STILL running? 😳 🤔I thought it ended YEARS ago, like 2015. 🤔😳

9 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Susie’s consistent yelling and rage would have fit right in with the band in the 80s

I'm surprised Metallica hasn't done it during their sort of elder statesmen era that started with Hardwired. They currently seem to be the most quintessential American rock/metal band that hasn't broken up or declined too much in performance capacity.

The Jungle/SCOM/Paradise City trio is tailor made for a Superbowl show, but I don't think they're there anymore in terms of performance quality (just my opinion). 

During negotiations:

Axl: "okay so we'll open with Chinese Democracy" ...

*uncomfortable shifting in seats* *lots of throat clearing*.

It would have made a hell of a capstone stop on the UYI tour, though. 

Edited by Ant000