Do you guys think Guns N' Roses will be next year's half time act?

Aside from individual members playing at sports based stuff like Slash doing US national anthem, DJ doing the same (but not as good) & Mellissa & Brain, I don't think GNR have ever done something at a sporting event of any kind, and if they had wanted to the time to do it would have been 2016 I think. So I doubt it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Aside from individual members playing at sports based stuff like Slash doing US national anthem, DJ doing the same (but not as good) & Mellissa & Brain, I don't think GNR have ever done something at a sporting event of any kind, and if they had wanted to the time to do it would have been 2016 I think. So I doubt it.

I don't know, I could imagine Axl singing a medley of Absurd, Perhaps, and The General while wearing an oversized Breanns Stewart jersey. 

35 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Given the recent legal trouble and Axl's criticism of the Chili Peppers half-time show several years ago I'd say it's pretty unlikely for both the Super Bowl or the WNBA

That was the NFL Superbowl. So I think this would be different. Axl would probably suck it up if it meant getting to be involved in the WNBA final. He is a huge basketball fan. 

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

They did a pre-Super Bowl thing with Snoop Dogg in 2020, but it wasn’t televised.

3 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

I don't think GNR have ever done something at a sporting event of any kind, and if they had wanted to the time to do it would have been 2016 I think. So I doubt it.

They did the 2018 After-Race Formula 1 Concert in Abu Dhabi

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The worst possible thing Axl could do is a show like this. He would expose the horrible state of his voice to 10's of millions of people. There would be viral memes, news articles, and it would genuinely be some of the worst publicity he's received in his life. If you enjoy being a GNR fan you better damn hope he never agrees to do it.

It depends. Maybe if the Indiana Fever make the final he could play and it would be more low-key than if say the Los Angeles Spark or the New York Liberty are there. A bit less media. 

I also just spoke to my source and he is actually a massive WNBA fan. Like massive. It's apparently all he talks about backstage. They pass out WNBA talking points to the workers as part of the rider so that when Axl says "That was a crazy layup in the Dallas Wings game last night" the worker who was instructed not to look him in the eye knows enough to say something like "Yeah, I really thought Kalani Brown had a great game".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gunsnchalupas said:

I also just spoke to my source and he is actually a massive WNBA fan. Like massive. It's apparently all he talks about backstage. They pass out WNBA talking points to the workers as part of the rider so that when Axl says "That was a crazy layup in the Dallas Wings game last night" the worker who was instructed not to look him in the eye knows enough to say something like "Yeah, I really thought Kalani Brown had a great game".

Something smells here.

• Like 2

Unless GnR have a smash hit single that is literally everywhere and followed that with a big album release with Axl and slash doing interviews and being in the public conscious, then they will never be relevant enough for this. in the current social zietgiest GnR are just some old guys that don't do much accept tour the hits with a singer that can't sing that well anymore. No modern rock bands are relevant. they're all heritage. GnR are as heritage as Kiss. RHCP are more relevant - they release music and get out there individually and they wouldn't get the gig either. 

I don't think GnR have that single or willing to release and promote the hell out of it. I think Monsters and Atlas Shrugged are great songs and both would get a few weeks rock radio rotation, but they're not going to be smash hits, so forget about it. 

15 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

I don't know, I could imagine Axl singing a medley of Absurd, Perhaps, and The General while wearing an oversized Breanns Stewart jersey. 

That was the NFL Superbowl. So I think this would be different. Axl would probably suck it up if it meant getting to be involved in the WNBA final. He is a huge basketball fan. 

I'm a basketball fan and I've not watched more than 5 minutes of the WNBA combined since it started. Women's basketball is not the same as men's. They just don't have the strength and athleticism to do the things that make NBA basketball a "show."

Most people don't watch basketball to see a perfect screen and roll execution. They watch because Lebron might tomahawk dunk over Giannis. That doesn't happen in the WNBA.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1