My God, Axl predicted a VERY scary thing in around 1991! 😱🤔💡

So, I got recommended a YouTube Short where Axl was doing one of his infamous Concert Rants circa 1991 and he ranted something like,"You'll be 80 years old still working just to make ends meet!" Around 1991, STILL working at 80 just to make ends meet would have seemed like a funny joke. Cut to 2024 and we actually do have 80 year olds STILL working just to make ends meet. 😱 Scary how Axl predicted a VERY scary thing over 30 years ago! 😱

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

He also predicted Instagram.

image.png.409955347e9cfe0792051e964dd7eead.png

I remember Wendi posting that same picture and I said something like,"LMAO! Axl's using a cellphone when he has a pay phone right behind him! 🤭🤣 Wendi responded something like,"Axl really was being a loveable card  in that photo!" 🤭🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZODIAC said:

Well... Back then he "already knew, what's going on. He knew the internet. "... 😜

The Internet really didn't exist yet in roughly 1991. In 1991 it was still in its infancy stage. 💡

I haven't got to hear that particular rant myself, but I'll give props to Axl, even during his divaish manic moments he had a good eye for spotting trends and future events. I know not everyone here is from the US, but there are some folks who believe the retirement age at 65 is "weak" and no one should be retiring at that age. If those people get their way, we may very well be working until we are all 80 

2 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I haven't got to hear that particular rant myself, but I'll give props to Axl, even during his divaish manic moments he had a good eye for spotting trends and future events. I know not everyone here is from the US, but there are some folks who believe the retirement age at 65 is "weak" and no one should be retiring at that age. If those people get their way, we may very well be working until we are all 80 

I tried to find the rant video in question, by looking up,"Axl Rant shorts," but to no avail. I got videos of Axl ranting in 1991 at a completely different Concert but the same year. I got videos of Axl ranting about all of the "Guns," abandoning him,  I got videos of Axl ranting at Security for hitting a Fan who was just merely dancing, I got a bunch of other ranting videos, but none of them were the one in question. 😐

39 minutes ago, Karice said:

I tried to find the rant video in question, by looking up,"Axl Rant shorts," but to no avail. I got videos of Axl ranting in 1991 at a completely different Concert but the same year. I got videos of Axl ranting about all of the "Guns," abandoning him,  I got videos of Axl ranting at Security for hitting a Fan who was just merely dancing, I got a bunch of other ranting videos, but none of them were the one in question. 😐

It's ok! Axl has so many rant videos it would be a hard one to find lol 

1 minute ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

That's not a very specific prediction, might as well have said "things will get worse" and you could point to anything to say it's been validated. Also you had people unable to retire at 65 in 1991, as well.

I totally get that, what I was mentioning was not the fact that people couldn't retire at 65 for financial reasons , but that we have some people who would like to remove the legal retirement age from 65 in my area to not having one at all if they had their way 

1 hour ago, Karice said:

It should be Axl and Izzy's May 29th homecoming show in Nobelsville, prior to It's So Easy.

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I totally get that, what I was mentioning was not the fact that people couldn't retire at 65 for financial reasons , but that we have some people who would like to remove the legal retirement age from 65 in my area to not having one at all if they had their way 

I'm with you, the attempts to raise the retirement age are unacceptable. I'm just concerned with the societal tendency to engage in mystical thinking, whether about premonitions/predictions or other things.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Too bad he didn't predict that there would only be one more Guns n' Roses studio album after UYI (2 if you count TSI) so that fans could have been prepared.

He also didn't predict that all of the Original Guns would end up either quitting (Izzy, Slash, Duff) or getting fired (Steven) 💡 At least Slash and Duff came back in 2016. Izzy would come back if he gets equal pay and Steven wants to come back so badly, he'd come back for peanuts. 💡

It occured to me that Audience Members who were in the Concert that Axl said the  working at 80 thing could have been say 47(Like a Father going to a Guns N'Roses Concert with his 27 year old Daughter) in 1991 and think,"No way am I STILL going to be working at 80 in 2024. Axl is just saying weird things " 😒🙄😐😵‍💫🤨 And then end up working in 2024 just like axl predicted! 😱😳

3 hours ago, Karice said:

Он также не предсказывал, что все участники Original Guns в конечном итоге либо уйдут (Иззи, Слэш, Дафф), либо будут уволены (Стивен) 💡 По крайней мере, Слэш и Дафф вернулись в 2016 году. Иззи вернется, если он получит равную зарплату. и Стивен так сильно хочет вернуться, что вернулся бы за копейками. 💡

Why did everyone decide that Izzy wanted equal pay? In his tweet, he did not write what he wanted and did not write about the payment. He only indicated that the members of the group do not exist on equal terms. It's a great fan misconception that he wanted equal pay. It was about the fact that there is inequality in the group and the climate in the team is unhealthy. That's why he didn't want to be there. There is no spirit of brotherhood. That's how I understand his message.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lunastar said:

Why did everyone decide that Izzy wanted equal pay? In his tweet, he did not write what he wanted and did not write about the payment. He only indicated that the members of the group do not exist on equal terms. It's a great fan misconception that he wanted equal pay. It was about the fact that there is inequality in the group and the climate in the team is unhealthy. That's why he didn't want to be there. There is no spirit of brotherhood. That's how I understand his message.

no, Izzy did say they didn't want to split the loot as in money and wrote a song about it F.P Money. it's not clear the size of the share Izzy thought was fair and acceptable but it wasn't about the spirit of brotherhood that's for sure. Izzy got along fine with all of them before that, writing together with Duff, guesting on Slash's solo album and playing with new Gn'R/Axl live a few times.

3 minutes ago, lunastar said:

Because he literally said, "They didn't want to split the loot equally."

More here about what Izzy said and reactions: 37. JUNE 2016-MARCH 2017: THE NOT IN THIS LIFETIME TOUR IS A SUCCESS (a-4-d.com)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I'm with you, the attempts to raise the retirement age are unacceptable. I'm just concerned with the societal tendency to engage in mystical thinking, whether about premonitions/predictions or other things.

The problem is that it is not financially sustainable to both provide the healthcare for people 65+ that leads to longer lifespans AND fund those additional years in retirement at the same time that population growth is slowing.  The lifespan increase combined with slowing population growth combine to lower the ratio of elderly benefit recipients to taxpayers funding the benefits.

At some point either you have to lower the benefits or raise the age to receive the benefits.  You can't possibly "tax the rich" enough to avoid that choice.  The third choice is to borrow more money to pay for the benefits but that has consequences in inflation.  When social security was conceived, the life expectancy was much different.  From Bing AI/Copilot:

It was never envisioned for people to be collecting social security for decades which is not unusual now.  It also wasn't envisioned for the birth rate to slow or so many labor tasks to be replaced by machines and other technology.  When Social Security was enacted, elevators still had operators.

3 hours ago, Karice said:

He also didn't predict that all of the Original Guns would end up either quitting (Izzy, Slash, Duff) or getting fired (Steven) 💡 At least Slash and Duff came back in 2016. Izzy would come back if he gets equal pay and Steven wants to come back so badly, he'd come back for peanuts. 💡

Steven would work for weed AND peanuts but not just peanuts!

39 minutes ago, Rovim said:

нет, Иззи сказал, что они не хотят делить добычу как деньги, и написал об этом песню FP Money. неясно, какой размер доли Иззи считал справедливым и приемлемым, но дело точно не в духе братства. До этого Иззи прекрасно ладил со всеми ними, писал вместе с Даффом, был гостем на сольном альбоме Слэша и несколько раз играл с новыми Gn'R/Axl вживую.

Yes, but only in FP money it says that people are fighting over a bag of money. And there is an open path ahead. Just read the lyrics on the Internet.

6 minutes ago, lunastar said:

Yes, but only in FP money it says that people are fighting over a bag of money. And there is an open path ahead. Just read the lyrics on the Internet.

but Izzy posted on social media that they didn't want to share the loot, so not only in the form of a song, he was straight up about it saying it was about money disagreements, basically saying that Axl, Slash, and Duff were too greedy for it to work out between them and Izzy.