Slash did coffee with Ola

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe you are, but some of us aren't.

But I think most would agree that SMKCs album quality has dipped considerably. So you might still love seeing the gig, but you're not rushing to put on the last 2/3 albums. Maybe not, but that's where I sat before the last gig. Now I don't really have an interest in seeing it live because the set has too many bang average songs that don't excite me. But I'm just really going off my experience and my friends who follow him and saw the gig so it's not exactly an exhausted study😄

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

But I think most would agree that SMKCs album quality has dipped considerably. So you might still love seeing the gig, but you're not rushing to put on the last 2/3 albums. Maybe not, but that's where I sat before the last gig. Now I don't really have an interest in seeing it live because the set has too many bang average songs that don't excite me. But I'm just really going off my experience and my friends who follow him and saw the gig so it's not exactly an exhausted study😄

I agree. I didn't walk out of the show a few years ago buzzing about it at all. It's always cool to see Slash play, but the band just doesn't excite me much. A lot of it does have to do with Myles.  I walked out of Duff's show much more satisfied. We may drive the four hours to Terre Haute in July for the blues show, but wouldn't even think about it if it was the SMKC band. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe you are, but some of us aren't.

Put me in the "tired of" camp.  I just revisited some stuff from "World of Fire" which I loved at the time and Myles was still turning me off.  SMKC was a cool vehicle to follow Slash with but as flacid as the current Gn'R lineup is, I'd still rather see him play those classic Also 10 times more excited about a new cover album than anything SMKC. 

• Like 1

I love SMKC. They’re a great live band and their shows have a lot more energy than a Guns show these days.

Im not a huge fan of 4 but that doesn’t mean they can’t make another good album. 

I like how Slash just releases music. It doesn’t have to be perfect. It won’t change your life. But there’s almost always a few songs that I’ll really dig. 

And even though I don’t love 4, I still prefer it over what Guns are releasing these days

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Robert39 said:

You all may be tired of SMKC, But Slash isn't. SMKC is a fun band and no drama, thats wat Slash wants, go out and play no drama or ego's.

I like 4, it's a great album, that sounds how Slash must sound. I don't know what you all, expect from the guy, but it's great for me.  

can't wait for the new SMKC album, it wil be there, allot sooner than a GN'R album thats for sure !!

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I love SMKC. They’re a great live band and their shows have a lot more energy than a Guns show these days.

Im not a huge fan of 4 but that doesn’t mean they can’t make another good album. 

I like how Slash just releases music. It doesn’t have to be perfect. It won’t change your life. But there’s almost always a few songs that I’ll really dig. 

And even though I don’t love 4, I still prefer it over what Guns are releasing these days

100% agree

The key is to not take it too seriously. I guarantee you Slash doesn't.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Did they ask where he got his top hat?  

LMAO! 🤣 🤭I remember Slash saying something like,"I stole a top hat from a thrift store and I got away with it! Ever since then, the top hat is a part of my iconic persona! 🤣🤭

On 5/11/2024 at 9:33 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

He didn't, and now we probably will never find out. Thanks for nothing, Ola

I was being a little sarcastic, any interviewer who has no idea always asks about the damn top hat, again and again.