VIDEOGAME Thread...

not really on topic.

but im pretty sure ive decided which TV i want.

Sony 40v3000

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.act...+Sony+BRAVIA+TV

KDL-40V3000_HEADON.jpg

24f, 1080p, 40" and the contrast ratio is something like 16000:1

:wub: went to test it out in john lewis today. totally blew my mind

I have the 46-inch set. It's amazing clarity with an HDMI hookup on my Xbox. Totally astounding quality.

stick to panasonic, better sound quality (speakers by technics)

technics = rock3

, picture is as good if not better-

Panasonic don't make an LCD over 32". I don't think a Plasma was what JDRM was after.

Also dude, just make sure you know that the contrast ratio on the Sony isn't a "true" 16000:1 - from memory I think it's something more like 2000:1. The 16000:1 contrast ratio is their Dynamic Contrast ratio which has to do with controlling the backlight of the LCD as an artificial way of producing better contrast. LCD manufacturers and salesmen like to quote that number instead of the true one because it's bigger and sounds better (even though it isn't).

Parents are renovating the house atm and putting in a theatre room downstairs. I'm praying that they listen to me and buy the latest Pioneer 60": http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/plasma/0,239035...39282250,00.htm

I would seriously die of techno-orgasm. :shades:

technics = rock3

Panasonic don't make an LCD over 32". I don't think a Plasma was what JDRM was after.

Also dude, just make sure you know that the contrast ratio on the Sony isn't a "true" 16000:1 - from memory I think it's something more like 2000:1. The 16000:1 contrast ratio is their Dynamic Contrast ratio which has to do with controlling the backlight of the LCD as an artificial way of producing better contrast. LCD manufacturers and salesmen like to quote that number instead of the true one because it's bigger and sounds better (even though it isn't).

Parents are renovating the house atm and putting in a theatre room downstairs. I'm praying that they listen to me and buy the latest Pioneer 60": http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/plasma/0,239035...39282250,00.htm

I would seriously die of techno-orgasm. :shades:

mines a 32" viera, really pleased with it, big enough for me

got it as a bundle with a panasonic dvd recorder & nice stand, for the price other stores wanted for just the tv ,-games look & sound the dogs on it

technics = rock3

I've been throughly researching it (for weeks! :lol:) and have narrowed it down to two.

the sony i mentioned or the panny TX-37LZD70 (37" LCD ;))

oh and HV: I know. the on screen ration is something like 1,800:1 :) thanks

Edited by JDRM

technics = rock3

I've been throughly researching it (for weeks! :lol:) and have narrowed it down to two.

the sony i mentioned or the panny TX-37LZD70 (37" LCD ;))

oh and HV: I know. the on screen ration is something like 1,800:1 :) thanks

:xmasssanta:

Glad to hear someone has been doing their research!

Panasonic don't make a 37" in Australia. Once they hit 32", they go straight to plasma. I can't comment on that particular model, but I know that over here their better 32" sell for about $200 less than the Sony and I think it's a better TV.

you wanna research a tv or other electrical product

then click the link

these reviews are from people wh've bought the products, not some shitty magazine on commision

if i want electrical good i enquire here

also check out the gaming bargain section

http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php

thats exactly where ive been :lol: if you have a look you'll find some threads started by me

you wanna research a tv or other electrical product

then click the link

these reviews are from people wh've bought the products, not some shitty magazine on commision

if i want electrical good i enquire here

also check out the gaming bargain section

http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php

thats exactly where ive been :lol: if you have a look you'll find some threads started by me

thats were i enquired about my panasonic B)

glad i checked it out

same username?

How much would that set you back, JDRM?

Man some of those TVs are ridiculous. I have a 32" in my room and sometimes that feels a bit too big. I have a rather large room too. I did only pay £300 for it though which is :wub: You really can't knock getting a HDTV for that much. Beautiful picture too. I was a bit hesitant to get a TV from a company I'd never heard of (Hannspree) but I have a 3 year warranty so if anything goes wrong I'm sorted.

Games and HD movies/TV look the utter sex so it's probably one of the best buys I've ever made.

i'm looking for a little help here.

I'm trying to find a freeware version of the original Doom for PC. However i want episodes 2 and 3. The Shores Of Hell and Inferno respectavly. if you could drop me a PM that would be great.

Thanks

could anyone help me please

ive watched some videos on youtube about that.

Not really sure how many calories you burn whilst punching random objects on a screen, whilst stepping on and off a board :lol:

I'm trying to find a freeware version of the original Doom for PC. However i want episodes 2 and 3. The Shores Of Hell and Inferno respectavly. if you could drop me a PM that would be great.

Thanks

.iso of

DOOM Collector's Edition

Ultimate DOOM,

DOOM II,

Final DOOM

have fun

anyone wanna trade PSN downloads with me? I have tekken 5 w/online patch, mk 2, gauntlet 2, and super puzzle fighter.

i want super stardust hd, pixel junk monsters, gt5p, lemmings, calling all cars.

if you're new to this, sony is cool with it

from jack tretton himself:

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can use them on up to five PS3 machines. If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible. It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

the wii fitness game with balance board looks pretty trick

especially if you dont want to ponce around a gym with the posers

Oh come on. :lol: I can understand a simulation of Tennis or Baseball as you can't always play those outside because of the weather, but THIS!? Just walk your fatass to the gym and be social, dammit. :lol: (not pointed at you, Lawrence. Just people in general)

anyone wanna trade PSN downloads with me? I have tekken 5 w/online patch, mk 2, gauntlet 2, and super puzzle fighter.

i want super stardust hd, pixel junk monsters, gt5p, lemmings, calling all cars.

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can use them on up to five PS3 machines. If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible. It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

So is there a way I could give my friend PAIN and Twisted Metal 2 without him buying them? 'Cos I have them on my system and he does have an account on my system, but could I give them to him so that when he gets on his PS3 he'll have them?

the wii fitness game with balance board looks pretty trick

especially if you dont want to ponce around a gym with the posers

Oh come on. :lol: I can understand a simulation of Tennis or Baseball as you can't always play those outside because of the weather, but THIS!? Just walk your fatass to the gym and be social, dammit. :lol: (not pointed at you, Lawrence. Just people in general)

:rofl-lol:

So is there a way I could give my friend PAIN and Twisted Metal 2 without him buying them? 'Cos I have them on my system and he does have an account on my system, but could I give them to him so that when he gets on his PS3 he'll have them?

You give your PSN account ID and password to the other guy. He gives his to you. You both log on each other's account. Get on the download history on his PSN. Download the games he purchased.

always good to delete your cc info before and change your password afterwards.

edit- you have to keep his account on your ps3, and vice versa, or else it won't work, you don't have to use his account, you just have to have it.

Edited by quadlaser

Thanks

.iso of

DOOM Collector's Edition

Ultimate DOOM,

DOOM II,

Final DOOM

have fun

Dude, your a star. 5 stars

You give your PSN account ID and password to the other guy. He gives his to you. You both log on each other's account. Get on the download history on his PSN. Download the games he purchased.

always good to delete your cc info before and change your password afterwards.

edit- you have to keep his account on your ps3, and vice versa, or else it won't work, you don't have to use his account, you just have to have it.

Ok, I think I understand now...Thanks for the info man! That's neat!

Well...I'd trade with you but I'm not interested in the games you have and I don't think you want Twisted Metal 2 and PAIN. :lol:

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule