Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

Dj messed up just about every solo. And Axl forgetting the lyrics to WTTJ was classic.

Ron was great with the kids, 4tus looked awesome as always, the rest of the guys played well, but the real star of the show was Mothergoose.

Wonder if any of them will come out for the finale.

Say whatever you want about KD Lang, but she's also 50 and was somehow magically able to not only nail every conceivable note, but she was actually holding the mic away from her face at times due to the clarity and power of her tone.

Eddie Vedder is now a couple of years shy of 50, yet he's capable of pulling it together at a moments notice, strap on an acoustic and blow the place away with the authority of his tone.

Axl? He's 50, and yet he continually refuses to take his profession seriously. I don't give a shit if you're a lawyer, a dishwasher, or a gravedigger.

If you have any personal pride, you invest in the skill required to perform said profession.

Were this the case, he wouldn't need 34 people on a message board rationalizing his performance.

Bottom line, any time the guy has had the slightest bit of public exposure, he's wilted.

:thumbsup:

There is really no excuse. All of the other bands came out and sounded great. Eddie wasn't even suppose to sing tonigt and he sounded great.

Exactly.

Though u know which members will come on here with tons of excuses. He had a cold. Bad weather. Every singer forgets his own lyrics. His age.

There is really no excuse. All of the other bands came out and sounded great. Eddie wasn't even suppose to sing tonigt and he sounded great.

Exactly.

Excuse? Couldn't it be that he isn't better these days and that no amount of rehearsals and warm-ups could help? You all interpret this as if Axl somehow did things on purpose or did a bad job thought neglect, disregarding the fact that this may be the state of his voice nowadays. If so, it is nothing to excuse. It is sad, but nothing to excuse as if it could have been prevented.

Not far off the middle of my name being "was". Rio was worse, But man. It really is No prep combined with no rasp. everytime he has a break, he fucks up again the start of the next leg. the rasp has pretty much gone since 2011 but the fuckups only occur due to No preperation. Eh, at least its for charity. Im not sure if hes not into anymore or what.

Maybe he needs new stuff to keep him into it, Because after that he just looked, Out of it. No Effort.

None of you fuckers are fans if u continuously bash Axl. Yes he struggled. Obvious. I didn't expect a power performance leading in Vegas. Better ain't an easy song to sing. He was missing a few ranges but he'll recover. Always does. Have faith fans. All u cynics. FUCK U. Thanks to GNR for being a part of this event. Not for money. For the kids. Just think how many paid that $5.

How was crowd reaction

It was great, actually.

Ali

You were there, right? How was the vocals from your seat?

Other than having a brain fart and messing up some words to WTTJ, and singing "Better" completely differently, I don't hear any real difference between tonight and a year ago. I think "You're Crazy, "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" were the best. My group of 8 people enjoyed it too.

Ali

If you honestly thought it was bad, would you admit it?

Band was awesome. Axl was terrible. I saw them last tour and Axl tore it up, an "A" performance. Tonight he was awful.

That just wasn't the case. If anything, tonight crystallized the difference between the Internet experience and the experience of those at the show.

Ali

I recorded the concert and I'm uploading it to youtube now.

Appreciated :thumbsup:

No problem! Should be up in about 45 minutes, but I'll probably post it here tomorrow when I wake up.

...and I liked the way Axl sang it (minus the voice)...

What? :D

Yeah, tricky to word, haha. I'm no musician, so I'm not sure the proper terms, but I guess it'd be the style he chose to sing it, as in how it sounded flow wise, as opposed to sound wise.

While I'm at it, couldn't he have come up with a single line about being honored to be there? A great cause to support? The wonderful kids?

Were I a cynical man, I might think Axl saw this as a fuzzy feel-good lead up to HIS late-night appearance and HIS run of Vegas shows.

Missed the point a touch, what with the teleprompter and entire stage setup out there.

Just kinda disappointed that it was more like a warmup for a guy that never practices and knew he had to squeeze one in.

Exactly.

Excuse? Couldn't it be that he isn't better these days and that no amount of rehearsals and warm-ups could help? You all interpret this as if Axl somehow did things on purpose or did a bad job thought neglect, disregarding the fact that this may be the state of his voice nowadays. If so, it is nothing to excuse. It is sad, but nothing to excuse as if it could have been prevented.

If you sound that sorry and nothing in the world can fix it, there is only one thing left to do. Thankfully, that's not Axl's problem.

How was crowd reaction

It was great, actually.

Ali

You were there, right? How was the vocals from your seat?

Other than having a brain fart and messing up some words to WTTJ, and singing "Better" completely differently, I don't hear any real difference between tonight and a year ago. I think "You're Crazy, "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" were the best. My group of 8 people enjoyed it too.

Ali

If you honestly thought it was bad, would you admit it?

Band was awesome. Axl was terrible. I saw them last tour and Axl tore it up, an "A" performance. Tonight he was awful.

That just wasn't the case. If anything, tonight crystallized the difference between the Internet experience and the experience of those at the show.

Ali

Come on Ali, it's not like you would ever say he sounded bad. I mean, we all know it.

As far as the Internet experience goes, it's funny how every other singer manages to sound great. Must have been Slash, sabatoged the feed to make him sound bad.

Edited by KBear

None of you fuckers are fans if u continuously bash Axl.

Nonsense. Why should a fan not be allowed to criticize their idols?

Hopefully a true idol Uncle Neil can sit him down and knock some sense in him. Get that fire back. One can hope. Of course, Axl only listens to Axl.

Dj messed up just about every solo. And Axl forgetting the lyrics to WTTJ was classic.

Ron was great with the kids, 4tus looked awesome as always, the rest of the guys played well, but the real star of the show was Mothergoose.

i didnt notice dj mess anything up. i thought he played great.

Me too. Either I missed it, or people here as usual, hating on DJ.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Axl isn't taking care of himself and clearly doesn't bother rehearsing. Until he does, this won't improve.

It's such a shame and so dispointing to see him like this.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

None of you fuckers are fans if u continuously bash Axl. Yes he struggled. Obvious. I didn't expect a power performance leading in Vegas. Better ain't an easy song to sing. He was missing a few ranges but he'll recover. Always does. Have faith fans. All u cynics. FUCK U. Thanks to GNR for being a part of this event. Not for money. For the kids. Just think how many paid that $5.

Yes because I'll tell you the only goo dthing that came from this as a GNR fan is that I gave $5 to charity. I don't care how bad this sounds. I live in the UK and it's 7.30am and I've been up drinking all night and the only thing that's holding me back from my sheer annoyment is that my money went to a worthy cause.

Fuck Axl. I'm tired of this.

Woo Woo Woo, You Know it.

Me too. Either I missed it, or people here as usual, hating on DJ.

I think he missed 1 note during the SCOM intro.