NINE INCH NAILS Discussion Lounge // New EP: 'ADD VIOLENCE' AVAILABLE 7.21

Broskirose

VINYL MISSION STATEMENT

IN THESE TIMES OF NEARLY UNLIMITED ACCESS TO ALL THE MUSIC IN THE WORLD, WE’VE COME TO APPRECIATE THE VALUE AND BEAUTY OF THE PHYSICAL OBJECT. OUR STORE’S FOCUS IS ON PRESENTING THESE ITEMS TO YOU. VINYL HAS RETURNED TO BEING A PRIORITY FOR US - NOT JUST FOR THE WARMTH OF THE SOUND, BUT THE INTERACTION IT DEMANDS FROM THE LISTENER. THE CANVAS OF ARTWORK, THE WEIGHT OF THE RECORD, THE SMELL OF THE VINYL, THE DROPPING OF THE NEEDLE, THE DIFFICULTY OF SKIPPING TRACKS, THE CHANGING OF SIDES, THE SECRETS HIDDEN WITHIN, AND HAVING A PHYSICAL OBJECT THAT EXISTS IN THE REAL WORLD WITH YOU… ALL PART OF THE EXPERIENCE AND MAGIC.

DIGITAL FORMATS AND STREAMING ARE GREAT AND CERTAINLY CONVENIENT, BUT THE IDEAL WAY I’D HOPE A LISTENER EXPERIENCE MY MUSIC IS TO GRAB A GREAT SET OF HEADPHONES, SIT WITH THE VINYL, DROP THE NEEDLE, HOLD THE JACKET IN YOUR HANDS LOOKING AT THE ARTWORK (WITH YOUR FUCKING PHONE TURNED OFF) AND GO ON A JOURNEY WITH ME. 
-TRENT REZNOR

NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS

UNAPOLOGETIC, UNFRIENDLY, DENSE, LYRICALLY COMPLEX, SO-FAR-BEHIND-THE-TIMES-IT’S-AHEAD-OF-ITS-TIME, HIPSTER-REPELLING UNCOMPROMISING MUSIC SMART PEOPLE CAN FUCK TO.  IT MAY NOT BE FOR YOU.

15673069_10154693562076221_9194981751530090067_n.thumb.jpg.60650f921c7df46cb5f1aa35541e741d.jpg

01. BRANCHES/BONES
02. DEAR WORLD
03. SHE'S GONE AWAY
04. THE IDEA OF YOU
05. BURNING BRIGHT (FIELD ON FIRE)

ADD VIOLENCE

ADD VIOLENCE FINDS NINE INCH NAILS BECOMING MORE ACCESSIBLE AND IMPENETRABLE AT THE SAME TIME. THE SONIC PALETTE EXPANDS SIGNIFICANTLY FROM NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS, INCORPORATING ELEMENTS OF BEAUTY INTO THE DARK DISSONANCE. THE NARRATIVE ARC LINKING THE THREE RECORDS BEGINS TO EMERGE THROUGH THE DISASSOCIATED LYRICS AND THE PROVOCATIVE AND CLUE-FILLED COVER ARTWORK AND ACCOMPANYING PHYSICAL COMPONENT, AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH THE NIN.COM STORE.

19905384_10155354437576221_5064774844143443072_n.thumb.jpg.48681d7e2bdd27c6b982c37dd9733d5d.jpg

01. LESS THAN
02. THE LOVERS
03. THIS ISN'T THE PLACE
04. NOT ANYMORE
05. THE BACKGROUND WORLD

Going to the Rio concert! Bought my ticket today! Really excited! First NIN show!

Hah, same day I'll be seeing Axl in Buenos Aires! And my birthday, too ;)

My first NIN show on the 23rd May in London, pretty stoked. Mate I'm going with saw them in Manchester on the NIN/JA tour, he introduced me to NIN shortly after, and not long after that I got into Jane's Addiction. Wish I'd gone! Cold Cave is OK, checked them out on Spotify, wish we had QOTSA as an opener instead, though...

Going to the Rio concert! Bought my ticket today! Really excited! First NIN show!

Hah, same day I'll be seeing Axl in Buenos Aires! And my birthday, too ;)

My first NIN show on the 23rd May in London, pretty stoked. Mate I'm going with saw them in Manchester on the NIN/JA tour, he introduced me to NIN shortly after, and not long after that I got into Jane's Addiction. Wish I'd gone! Cold Cave is OK, checked them out on Spotify, wish we had QOTSA as an opener instead, though...

Would move it if QOTSA cane with them too, and I'm not a big fan of them, actually! Yesterday, as I was getting into my car right after having bought the NIN ticket I thought "shit... I difnt even check my Guns N' Roses dates before buying this..." And fir some reason i was almost sure the curitiba date was april 6th but you cleared that out for me ha! :D

nin_euro.png

05.08.2014 - Helsinki, Finland @ Hartwall Arena

This is the one I'm going to. Bought a special presale super awesome fan exclusive ticket months ago! That means I get to enter the arena 15 minutes before the lesser concertgoers!

Can't wait to see what kinda lineup it will be. Will they go with only four guys again or not? This is the gig I'm looking forward to this year!

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup

The following dates have been cancelled -

06.13.2014 - St. Peterburg, Russia @ Ice Palace

06.15.2014 - Moscow, Russia @ Stadium Live

06.17.2014 - Kiev, Ukraine @ Stereoplaza

06.19.2014 - Budapest, Hungary @ Budapest Arena

In addition, the Prague gig will now take place on 06.11.2014 @ Karlín Forum