The DJ Ashba guitar solo names

I'm pretty sure he names them with those kind of names. Just surprised there's no to them, perhaps we ought to start adding it in case we get sued.

They're quite enjoyable tho, let's give him props for something good.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Yeah true, but I will never be able to recognize him as a good guitarist for a few reasons. One, he doesn't even consider himself a guitar player. Two, he fucks up the Patience solo every time. Three, he's a Slash wannabe and it wouldn't surprise me to know that Axl tells him to look like Slash.

Slash's Godfather Theme from Made in Stoke is just amazing. Anyone that thinks he's not as good as BBF or Buckethead are lying to themselves.

I'm pretty sure he names them with those kind of names. Just surprised there's no ™ to them, perhaps we ought to start adding it in case we get sued.

They're quite enjoyable tho, let's give him props for something good.

I think you're right on the names. I do like one of them that he does but I can't remember the name of it right now.

Where does he announce the names? Do people see it on the setlist? Is it on his website or something? Its certainly not like the James Bond or Pink Panther themes which are universally known.

He announced his latest solo in a kind of tv interview: Check out my new solo, Bella Vita.

Or something like that.

Where does he announce the names? Do people see it on the setlist? Is it on his website or something? Its certainly not like the James Bond or Pink Panther themes which are universally known.

He announced his latest solo in a kind of tv interview: Check out my new solo, Bella Vita.

Or something like that.

Interesting. So did Ballad Of Death and Mi Amor come in similar ways? I'm just trying to figure out where people got those from.

Or something like that.

Interesting. So did Ballad Of Death and Mi Amor come in similar ways? I'm just trying to figure out where people got those from.

No idea. I only rediscovered GNR last summer, so this time last year, I hadn't even heard of DJ Ashba yet :lol:

I like the solos, but the names are so cheesy, even by Ashba standards.

Yeah true, but I will never be able to recognize him as a good guitarist for a few reasons. One, he doesn't even consider himself a guitar player. Two, he fucks up the Patience solo every time. Three, he's a Slash wannabe and it wouldn't surprise me to know that Axl tells him to look like Slash.

Slash's Godfather Theme from Made in Stoke is just amazing. Anyone that thinks he's not as good as BBF or Buckethead are lying to themselves.

I love Slash, but man, what kind of stuff are you on?

The only people who try to say something good about his "solos" are on GNR forums. No one else in the world gives a shit about this garbage.

DJ is nothing special. You can hear far better solos from kids demoing their new guitars and amps on YouTube.

Saying dj's solos are good is like saying eating a packet of mustard is good. I guess it may be better than nothing for a starving person one minute away from death, but that doesn't mean we should vaunt DJ as some sort of amazing musician.

I'd love to cupcake DJ hard on twitter by getting a campaign going to ask him to do something really retarded, but give him the impression that it is cool.

I swear with enough twitter attention from "fans" he would do just about anything.

I'd love to cupcake DJ hard on twitter by getting a campaign going to ask him to do something really retarded, but give him the impression that it is cool.

I swear with enough twitter attention from "fans" he would do just about anything.

#bikinibridge

The only people who try to say something good about his "solos" are on GNR forums. No one else in the world gives a shit about this garbage.

DJ is nothing special. You can hear far better solos from kids demoing their new guitars and amps on YouTube.

Saying dj's solos are good is like saying eating a packet of mustard is good. I guess it may be better than nothing for a starving person one minute away from death, but that doesn't mean we should vaunt DJ as some sort of amazing musician.

Which is why you go to the gigs and seems to get the biggest crowd reaction, right? :rolleyes: I don't like DJ but the fact is most concert-goers do.

I know there are countless people who could come up with better stuff but it's all subjective anyway, speaking only on his playing, we know he ain't the best and he messes up often and overshadows the other two unfairly but he can play to a moderately enjoyable degree, it's not mindblowing or unique but it's still enjoyable to me, if that's the only innovative thing you have to come up with it better be enjoyable though, I wish the other two would come up with something completely fresh.