When Duff Rejoined the Band Briefly

The fact Duff's appearance can't kick Axl's voice into high gear to me solidifies the concept that maybe Axl's voice has undergone a permanent deterioration since 2010. Either that or even with Duff being there he can't be bothered to rehearse and get his voice in shape which would really be odd, but my guess would be the former

Edited by WhazUp

4 years is a lifetime in Axl years.

Especially in later years.

Which is crazy from 2001 / 2002 to 2006 and 2010 his voice got so much stronger....

And at this point I am convinced it is vocal damage.

Which is crazy from 2001 / 2002 to 2006 and 2010 his voice got so much stronger....

Yup. It would have been great to see something like this, but I think this is bound for the past:

However, if Axl isn't the king of surprises then I don't know who is. Something COULD change.

• Like 1

I just think the dude is on a bit of a booze bender right now and needs to dry out for a few months... His voice, face ( jowls? ), gut - all signs of hitting the sauce too hard... When you look at the time line above, there's no other real explanation for such a rapid deterioration, at least when you compare to other R&R vocalists.

EDIT: he's probably having a great time though

Edited by hellobeatle

Anyone that thinks Axl isn't trying when he's out on stage is insane! He's had live streamed performances and over a hundred shows since 2010 and he doesn't magically kick it into gear when he's on a live stream and he doesn't kick it into gear for anyone special. He just sings with what he has. I always respect that part of Axl because it isn't fake. He's trying every night. His voice isn't where it use to be though.

When duff joined him in 2010 he was in the middle of one of his best vocal years. Why anyone is surprised by that performance is beyond me. He pulled off performances like that the entire year!

Make fun of the guy all you want, but I never watch one of his performances and think he's holding back. He brings what he has every night and sometimes it's great, and sometimes it's a shadow of his former voice.

As far as Duff goes I think Axl enjoys having an old friend around, but it doesn't change his vocals.

Anyone that thinks Axl isn't trying when he's out on stage is insane! He's had live streamed performances and over a hundred shows since 2010 and he doesn't magically kick it into gear when he's on a live stream and he doesn't kick it into gear for anyone special. He just sings with what he has. I always respect that part of Axl because it isn't fake. He's trying every night. His voice isn't where it use to be though.

When duff joined him in 2010 he was in the middle of one of his best vocal years. Why anyone is surprised by that performance is beyond me. He pulled off performances like that the entire year!

Make fun of the guy all you want, but I never watch one of his performances and think he's holding back. He brings what he has every night and sometimes it's great, and sometimes it's a shadow of his former voice.

As far as Duff goes I think Axl enjoys having an old friend around, but it doesn't change his vocals.

I 100% agree.

I was about to write something then I saw this reply. Well said. It made all I wanted to say completely redundant.

Edited by SoulMonster

It's been a steady decline, Rio made sense because it got better from there in 2012 then we have the start of south america and it's been very weak compared to mid-2012, which was very weak compared to mid-late 2010 and the GG came at a bad time, if it were between a few months of touring it would've been better. He hasn't regained the power for some reason, I don't know what he did between 2010 and 2011 but maybe his voice burnt out, there was no sign of it during the previous tour though, he brought it every night. The guy fucking tries his ass off and he played so many tracks at the awards but it just ain't there, the Better bridge shows he can turn it on, I don't know why he couldn't hit that power consistently. He was out of breath almost every line though, that's a fact.

His voice was shit in 2001....perhaps his disappearance had something to do with that. Perhaps his refusal to release new shit now has to do with that. Maybe his voice isn't cracking due to depression and lack of effort. Maybe he is depressed and lacking effort due to struggling with his voice. It came back in the past, so perhaps it will come back again. As he ages though, it will take longer to heal, and it will take less to harm it.

Edited by Pedrolg