SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Was at this show last night and was a bit bored being honest - Slash seemed to be a bit lazy on stage - he sort of just floated about to the left of Myles for most of the show and the majority of the new songs are forgettable. Still amazing to seem him play as always.

Unfortunate that you didn't enjoy it. I hope you can give the guys another chance when they tour your city again. :)

Setlist Paris Night 1
You're A Lie
Nightrain
Halo
Avalon
Back From Cali
Automatic Overdrive
You Could Be Mine
MeanBone
Dr Alibi (Todd Kerns)
Out ta Get Me (Todd Kerns)
Wicked Stone
Beneath the Savage Sun
Fall To Pieces
Rocket Queen
Bent To Fly
World On Fire
Anastasia
Sweet Child O' Mine
Slither

Paradise City

Video of the european Premiere of "Automatic Overdrive" -> http://slash.gnrfrance.net/actualites-news-slash/slash-joue-au-zenith-de-paris-setlist-videos-photos-du-premier-soir-906.htm

Edited by Slash2baz

A few thoughts on the first Paris show :

- The opening band was Monster Truck, I think. It was a mixed bag, a few great catchy tunes, and others that seemed to go nowhere. Overall pretty good though. Miles gave them a nice shootout during the band intro before Slither.

- You're A Lie works suprisingly well as an opener.

- Nightrain kicks ass, but we all know that!

- You Could Be Mine instrumentally is great, but that's probably the song where Myles was clearly the weak link. Amazing crowd response though.

- The new tunes really could all be live staples in the future. Bent To Fly is amazing.

- FUCKING MEAN BONE.

- Thank god, Patience and Starlight seem to be gone for good

- I'd love Myles to stop that fucking hand gesture he constantly does; That's his only "dance move"/stage attitude thing, and it sucks. Grow some charisma, man.

- I personally love Rocket Queen as an extended solo point, but man, Slash seemed to have quite a hard time when improvising yesterday night. "Sticky fingers" syndrome, and a surpisingly fair share of bum notes. The solo itself was quite disappointing, but man, that amazing drum n'bass beat would even cover a shitty c@$hba solo.

- did I mention FUCKING MEAN BONE ?

- The Slash confettis were cool, I thought I had kept some in my pocket, but I must've lost them in the subway or something :(

I was also very surpised by the audience yesterday. Usually in France, the audience even at rock concerts really only participates during big, big hits but man, the audience reaction during some deeper cuts (Out Ta Get Me or Doctor Alibi) was great. The guy I was next to (whom I didn't know before) sang all the words from FUCKING MEAN BONE with me. Awesome.

EvH, you going tomorrow as well? Want to meet up before the show?

I only had a ticket for the first night, didn't know you were coming too...I'm bummed, it would've been nice to meet up. Next time? :)

What songs dod they cut out? I hope not Beneath the savage sun or Wicked Stone

Neither.

• Like 1

The singer from Monster Truck sounds uncannily like Chris Cornell.

Hah, Slash did seem to have sticky fingers on a few of the solos, but he was still awesome.

Was it just where I was or was he a bit low in the mix? I struggled to hear the solo in Wicked Stone :/

Still, these are nitpicks. What a crowd, I'd be surprised if I see that many people singing along in London in December!

Hah, Slash did seem to have sticky fingers on a few of the solos, but he was still awesome.

Was it just where I was or was he a bit low in the mix? I struggled to hear the solo in Wicked Stone :/

I had the exact same problem at the Dublin show! Could barely hear Slash's solos at all :/ and i was pretty close to the front too.

I had the exact same problem at the Dublin show! Could barely hear Slash's solos at all :/ and i was pretty close to the front too.

On youtube Slash's guitar sounds good in Dublin.

Was at the front for this gig, could hear much better (apart from acoustic on Anastasia as that was on the big speakers to the side). Still a little too quiet in my opinion, my ears are just barely ringing :P Had a better time at this show overall, could hear the solos to Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun.

Hoping for 30 Years to Life and The Unholy for London, but maybe they're saving the latter for South America?

Songs played tonight that weren't played last night:

Ghost

Standing in the Sun

Shadow Life (Live Debut)

Mr. Brownstone

You're Crazy (AFD, fast)

How was shadow life?

Shadow Life was great. A few licks on Beneath the Savage Sun need work but it's still amazing.

Forgot to mention Stone Blind was played tonight as well.

Was at the front for this gig, could hear much better (apart from acoustic on Anastasia as that was on the big speakers to the side). Still a little too quiet in my opinion, my ears are just barely ringing :P Had a better time at this show overall, could hear the solos to Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun.

Hoping for 30 Years to Life and The Unholy for London, but maybe they're saving the latter for South America?

30 Years was great when I saw the NYC show they played. Hopefully the unholy is in full rotation by the time they come to the USA.

While I like Avalon and Bent to Fly on the album, they're much better live. Avalon got the crowd going both nights. For some reason I thought Slash was playing the into to Rise Today wen he started playing Bent to Fly tonight :P

Highlight of the night for me was when, for the intro of Slither, Slash and Myles did a bit of Bad Company's Feel Like Makin' Love. Didn't see anyone singing along but me, though :lol:

• Like 1

very good show from Slash @ Le Zenith. Ghost was a good opener, but the craziness starts with Nightrain (pushed and compressed from everywhere in the front...) Rocket queen has to be mentionned for the very long solo by Slash. Some parts might be average, somes very good ones, some bluesy parts, some shredding parts, some jimi hendrix parts with wah-wah... Slash was unleashed. And yeah, the intro for Slither was really cool. Just regret Mean bone was not played tonight.

Is it me or the mix sound @ Le Zenith was not so great? Not bad, but not very clear sometimes.

• Like 1