How's This Sound for a Plan?

Take four unreleased songs, do studio versions for Seeker and Riff Raff, and new studio versions of OMG and Sikworms and release that EP just in time for Christmas. This also takes advantage of buzz and momentum created by Vegas, Revolver awards and the Blue-Ray spending a couple weeks at number one. Keeps things rolling.

Axl can promote it by doing a feature length cover story for Playboy or Rolling Stone.

Band can continue to rest, vacation, work on other projects for the next six months.

Come January 3rd, band meets up in the studio.

Write an album together. Fine-tune old remaining songs they still like (remaining CD songs, songs DJ submitted last year, etc). Write a couple new songs together as a band.

But spend some time in the studio recording a full length album.

That album can be released in the summer of 2015 to kick off a new tour.

Wouldn't this work out well for everybody?

Band gets six more months of vacation in 2014.

Band spends a couple months recording new album in 2015, gets a couple months off, then start a new tour.

Fans get a killer EP this year and a full length album next year.

Everybody wins?

Somebody tweet it to The Beta.

• Like 1

If they put one new song on there, Atlas Shrugged say, it might be of interest.

Yup.

That's what I said, bro!

4 new songs.........plus studio versions of OMG, Silkworms, Riff Raff and Seeker.

That's an EP that wouldn't take very long to put together.

Great idea, Groghan! Only... I think you launched the idea a few months ago and nothing seems to have come from it (that we know of). But then again, they were touring then, so maybe they just missed the thread. Let's hope they pick up on it now.

I agree with you, the time is now. There is some interest, Axl said that like two albums have been recorded already (CD2 and remixes), so it shouldn't be too difficult, one would assume.

Man, your intentions are nice, but it doesn't work like that in crazy world.....

They say they have like material to fill 3 albums and not even that way, will release it??

Useless to make plans for people who don't follow any plan at all.... Axl can't make quick albums, forget about it. That's why Slash left. He's a different type. He makes albums in 2 weeks. Thats why Axl got scandalized when he was informed by Slash that he had recorded the Snakepit album in two weeks.

Next topic!

If they put one new song on there, Atlas Shrugged say, it might be of interest.

Yup.

That's what I said, bro!

4 new songs.........plus studio versions of OMG, Silkworms, Riff Raff and Seeker.

That's an EP that wouldn't take very long to put together.

But that would be technically an album: eight songs!

Nothing will ever happen but cheese touring. We can dream up exciting plans for this pathetic band until we are demented, but none of them will happen: an EP; a soundtrack song or two; an album!; a boxset - none of it will happen.

Man, your intentions are nice, but it doesn't work like that in crazy world.....

They say they have like material to fill 3 albums and not even that way, will release it??

Useless to make plans for people who don't follow any plan at all.... Axl can't make quick albums, forget about it. That's why Slash left. He's a different type. He makes albums in 2 weeks. Thats why Axl got scandalized when he was informed by Slash that he had recorded the Snakepit album in two weeks.

Next topic!

Can't you let a man have his dreams!!!

you know it's bad when the fans are coming up with their own ideas of how to promote and release new music

One album in 20 years........

Maybe the band needs a manager who is actually a music fan! One who realizes that the fans aren't Axl's enemy!!!

• Like 2

you know it's bad when the fans are coming up with their own ideas of how to promote and release new music

One album in 20 years........

Maybe the band needs a manager who is actually a music fan! One who realizes that the fans aren't Axl's enemy!!!

Let's start a Kickstarter campaign so you can be GN'R manager elected by the fans :P

I vote for Grog or the Generationx geezer. I would never manage them myself because I am too anti-Newgnr and will probably get myself fired on my first day for calling Axl a ‘fat cunt‘. Grog will continuously bombard Axl with, ''release new material, release new material, release new material...'' haha!

• Like 1

Enough with Groghan's pie-in-the-sky optimism. Let's work out a legitimately realistic plan for the band.

GNR Official Plan 2014-16

- Have a three-hour meeting to discuss the current state of Guns n' Roses.

- Allow band members to speak in interviews in vague terms about the possibility that new music might be possible at a random date in the indeterminable future.

- Put out the occasional cryptic message on social media.

- Tour South America.

- Plan a new leg for the Chinese Democracy World Tour. State publicly that operating a band like GNR is really hard.

- Blame the record company.

- Blame the old band.

- Blame the fans.

- Under no circumstances can anyone ask Axl about recording new material, or releasing old material.

Edited by axlsalinger