Knockin' on heavens door - re-released? *The 02 Era of the band recorded a Reggae Version*

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

New Take on Knockin' on heavens door - will it ever be released?

Axl talked about how he recorded the new take on the Bob Dylan song in the 2006 'Trunk chats, and how he was going to release it/donate proceeds to a charity.

Will it ever be released? I particularly like Axls take on the song (particularly in the 2001/02's)

what are your thoughts?

Edited by Gunns

yea i like the newschool version, too. it's cool when they play it live because it makes me feel like i'm at some sort of a jamband's festival or something. Actually, now that I think about it: that's one of the things I like about this lineup: with all the different intros and jams n' shit, it makes for the full-on concert experience, similar to jimmy buffet, phish, etc. not just like, take the stage/15-17 songs/done.

even if they don't re-lease kohd, we've got it on enough bootlegs with good quality. plus AFDemocracy.

Guest Gunns

So who was it who sat down and thought "you know what, we've been playing this new version of heavens dòor but its just missing somthing.... lets add another 8 whole minutes to the song"

have a guess... 'we now believe even more'

Guest Gunns

does anyone know the timestamp where he is talking about this new version recorded on the interview back in 06' with Eddie?

Please, Axl, if you ever release something again, please, please, please, don't let it be KOHD. Just let it be something new.

37:00 KOHD with 14 choruses or bust.

Watch out, I'll personally force you to sing along all 14 times!

Please, Axl, if you ever release something again, please, please, please, don't let it be KOHD. Just let it be something new.

37:00 KOHD with 14 choruses or bust.
He'll have to drop more CD songs