Your favorite stand alone GNR track?

Chinese is like a different Gn'R dimension. When I'm there, it's Catcher and There Was A Time.

The rule is just one, so out of those 4 I'd have to go with Nightrain. It's Guns N' Roses defined perfectly. All the elements are there: mind blowing Slash solos, Izzy jizzing all over the place, cool lyrics, Steven's drumming is fuckin' ace, Duff's basslines are beautiful (yes beautiful) and Axl with the harmonies that attack you from every direction.

I can talk about Nightrain for days. It's a lot of Gn'R squeezed into one song, and it's about drinking. ^_^

Today, we agree.

For me it breaks down into two sub categories.

One is "the perfect GNR song" that has all the elements you'd associate with GNR:

You Could Be Mine.

The there's "the spiritual experience song" which might not sum up GNR completely but stands alone for a one off listen and that's probably:

Estranged

For me it breaks down into two sub categories.

One is "the perfect GNR song" that has all the elements you'd associate with GNR:

You Could Be Mine.

The there's "the spiritual experience song" which might not sum up GNR completely but stands alone for a one off listen and that's probably:

Estranged

My sick love for Nightrain aside, the one perfect song (not my favorite) is Paradise City imo.

The spiritual experience is Estranged damn. It's Estranged. Only Axl and Slash could have found it. No one else. It's the moment Axl's vision delivered on all it's promises, and Slash gave it his voodoo magic and for me it's one of the best examples of a truly inspired piece of music. They've dug deep inside themselves and struck gold, even if Slash and Duff didn't see the potential back when Axl insisted. (if you believe him) It didn't matter, but I'm glad Axl stuck to his guns on that one.

Yeah on another day I could pick Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle (surprised it isn't more popular choice) Estranged seems to be the one that is the spiritual experience with so many people relating to it. I don't even feel like that song very often and it makes you feel like that. This I Love is like that too, half way through I'm like fuck this I don't give a fuck about bitch *solo* if it was the 90s I think Axl would throw his mic down mid Finck solo and dive into the crowd to take a bitch's camera. But back to the dolphins, Estranged really is a stand alone song that when it's over you can walk away satisfied. For me Paradise City is more the start of a party or a party in a limo type song. It's about getting it all out in under 6 minutes. It's pretty much like the executive wank of rock n roll. TWAT really pushes Estranged hard on the spiritual experience. If Slash was on TWAT we'd be looking at the ultimate GNR song. TWAT is Paradise City meets Estranged. I think it's Ron soloing as Axl goes for that final scream. I mean a choir? A choir is epic.

Edited by wasted

At the shows people are in states of ecstasy during estranged. It's like an Evangelical church. Axl should bring people on stage to Estranged 'em. You are healed my son, go back into the ocean and swim with the dolphins.

• Like 1