Axl needs to fire his stylist.

The only sweet spot Axl hit from 2009 on was the doughnut shop.

True, In late '09 he was pretty bloated that's true...but then in early '10 he seemed to get back to fairly good shape along with dat rasp - a pretty good combo if you ask me.

IggyPop.jpg

Honestly age as an excuse for being out of shape isn't really valid. Injury aside people get fat as they age 'cause they stop giving a fuck and slow down. If that's what you wanna do that's cool man but don't try to coast along as an entertainer. Iggy Pop has 15 years on Axl. Steven Tyler....

And Axl doesn't need a god damn stylist he was writing the book on style until the end of the UYI tour.... he needs to stop following trends. I mean, that is, if he wants to really be an entertaining figure who can command an audience. If he just wants to be a guy who people don't judge and wants to relax that's cool man but otherwise you gotta put the fucking time in!

Edited by Ant

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think he looked better in 2012 than 2006

Personally, I think he looked better in 1992 than 2006. The whole braids things was mostly a fake wig anyway.

The thing about Axl is, he just doesn't GIVE a fuck. He doesn't care what any of us think. He eats too much, doesn't practice singing, shows up late... and he doesn't care. I guess he's happy with who he is. While I personally wouldn't do any of these things, more power to him if that's what he wants with his life.

Edited by combos

queer-eye.jpg

I wouldn't take tips from the guy in the middle, as if the jacket on its own isn't an affront to fashion, that garish two shirt and collar combo is atrocious.

Also, ripped jeans?! What is this, 1991?!

queer-eye.jpg

I wouldn't take tips from the guy in the middle, as if the jacket on its own isn't an affront to fashion, that garish two shirt and collar combo is atrocious.

Also, ripped jeans?! What is this, 1991?!

Gay.

:lol:

Exactly my thoughts on this entire thread. Glad to see the sarcasm wasn't wasted on you! :lol:

It's like the matrix. I don't see a bloated, bald, older ginger. I don't see green lines. I still see the best frontman that ever lived and I love his voice and his music. I don't really care, I think his style is adorable. And I like the fact he likes to drink and don't workout. He's lazy and insane and he's 50 something years old. Better then Slash's peter pan pants, but I like that as well. They're like comic book characters with human flaws and the way they look is amusing and it only makes the ride more enjoyable. What are we talking about.

And I like the fact he likes to drink and don't workout. He's lazy and insane and he's 50 something years old. Better then Slash's peter pan pants, but I like that as well.

You may like it as it is but isnt healthy for him and his voice drinking too much,bad nutrition and not workout,i mean even Lemmy was forced to stop smoking and too much drink.

Edited by Majestic Beast

I think the 2006 look was the best he as looked since the old days.

I am not saying has or is being treated for mental illness but......

If it is true that he has mental illness and is being treated with prescription drugs, most of those drugs for bi-polar and other mental illnesses can cause massive weight gain in just a few months , I know this from taking them and at the first of this year I was pretty heavy for me at 285lb I gain 63lbs in 2 months because of the side effects the pill gave, they switched my meds around and I am at 215lbs and have weighed this much since the first of june and I didn't change my eating habits and didn't work out or anything the weight just fell off of me I am 41 years old weigh less than did when I graduated high school. But a meds change and I could be up to 300lbs in a matter of a few months. That is just how it goes.

I would rather be mentally stable than worry about the weight I gain.

I hope this isn't the cause for Axl I wish mental illness on no one but what he weight has changes so many times form 2001-present It may be normal for him, I don't know.

Edited by bigcountry
  • Like 1

I think some of the stuff Axl wares makes him look fat, oversized tshirts n all that, for a man in his 50's he's not in bad shape really. Idiots look at 1990's and even 2006..... Both a long time ago, I've put on weight in the last 8 years ! Shit happens n people get older

Sort ya clothes out Axl n you'll look better

Exactly. People act like he's morbidly obese or some shit. Worst he's ever been is kinda chubby. It must suck, especially being someone who seemingly takes all criticism to heart. His hair has gone to shit (mine has too, gave up and cut it short earlier this year), but big deal. No doubt the 06 hair was partly artificial, but everyone was giving him flak for the cornrows too. Now everyone goes on about how great he looked then compared to now. Go figure.