What do you think of Silkworms?

Holy shit, Silkworms will be 14 years old in 2 months.

Ha that's so pathetic. No wonder Axl has stopped giving a shit: he went from AFD and UYI to fucking Silkworms.

That's what you get when you kick out talented collaborators and hire talentless yes-men in their place.

I fucking love Silkworms from 2001. The live version is mean and fast. I dig it. Can't form an opinion on the leak snippet yet, and wouldn't judge it even if a demo did leak. Looking forward to hearing what they've done with it.

• Like 1

I fucking love Silkworms from 2001. The live version is mean and fast. I dig it. Can't form an opinion on the leak snippet yet, and wouldn't judge it even if a demo did leak. Looking forward to hearing what they've done with it.

Loved Silkworms from Rio 3 also, but your version(s) are better :headbang:

Edited by downliner

I dig the direction he Tryed to take with silk worms. It's just completely new territory for a gnr song. I rly liked the intro when I watched the rio 01 vids. To be honest it seems like a really great song to see live. I'm hoping the studio version kicks ass. I can see where people are turned off by the lyrics. I don't think it's meant to be very deep (the majority of gnr is not) I feel like it's Axls new age punk version of Easy.

Holy shit, Silkworms will be 14 years old in 2 months.

Ha that's so pathetic. No wonder Axl has stopped giving a shit: he went from AFD and UYI to fucking Silkworms.

That's what you get when you kick out talented collaborators and hire talentless yes-men in their place.

You rant too much for your own sake, pal.

Edited by Dark Knight

It's garbage, an utter joke. But that's what you get when you throw out proven, talented collaborators and bring in your buddy who has never once accomplished anything of note in music. Thanks, Paul Tobias. You really showed the world that Slash doesn't matter.

Dizzy and Pitman wrote Silkworms....

Btw the song structure sucks, lyrics are a joke

I actually liked it pretty well, but it doesn't really sound like a Guns N' Roses tune. I'd like to hear a studio version some day. I'd also like to know why it's called "Silkworms" exactly, that's something I could never figure out. It's probably plain as day, but I don't know, I'm just not seeing it.

I didn't like it, up until I heard the snippet of the leaked studio clips. Axl has that punk vibe, totally dig it. Although in saying that, Axl's performance on a few of the older tracks from that Rio gig wouldn't make an unfamiliar listener go out their way to check out his previous albums. The intro to Jungle was fucking powerful, then turned to shit.

My anus hurts everytime I think about GNR releasing an album with Silkworms and Going Down in it.

Sorry but I think if there is to be a release in the next year or two they'd have to be on it by default: this band isn't producing any new music- and it doesn't seem like that will change any time soon...

Lyrics are actually fun I think but I feel like its missing another verse or two and the chorus needs a rewrite.

Then again, I liked Back off Bitch.

I don't know, I don't mind some lowbrow shit as long as the whole album doesn't sound like that.

I like the buildup on the intro but it's just kind of underwhelming once the song starts. They need to cut loose a bit more with the keys, guitars, and drums.

Leak was a step in the right direction but still work in progress imo.