07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

My best friend went to the merch  truck, asked for the silver buller TOUR shirt with the dates on the back. Dufus truck worker gave him a troubadour shirt, and dufus best friend didn't check it. Now it seems he's effed. Hes getting the runaround from both bravado, sidestep and anyone else who could possibly be involved. It's a shame sidestep doesn't deliver. Anybody willing to send him one from and upcoming show? He's willing to pay S&H on top of the 40. 

On a happier note, that show was awesome. My neck hurts. I was on the barricade about 15 feet to the left of he ego ramp/catwalk. Great spot. Got a Richard pick (would have preferred Duff's, but I'm not complaining). Lost my shit as soon as I heard the first notes of Coma.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GnRDuff1 said:

My best friend went to the merch  truck, asked for the silver buller TOUR shirt with the dates on the back. Dufus truck worker gave him a troubadour shirt, and dufus best friend didn't check it. Now it seems he's effed. Hes getting the runaround from both bravado, sidestep and anyone else who could possibly be involved. It's a shame sidestep doesn't deliver. Anybody willing to send him one from and upcoming show? He's willing to pay S&H on top of the 40. 

On a happier note, that show was awesome. My neck hurts. I was on the barricade about 15 feet to the left of he ego ramp/catwalk. Great spot. Got a Richard pick (would have preferred Duff's, but I'm not complaining). Lost my shit as soon as I heard the first notes of Coma.

I really want a Duff pick! I managed to get a Slash pick in Ohio but having both would be awesome. 

5 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I know this one!

Russ hates Catcher. :lol: 

What?? you're kidding, right?

BTW I used to hate ITW. Then someone pointed me to a video of it being played live, and I fond out the live version was better than the studio version. 

I normally skip Riad on the album but I know many love it. 

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

And there was a time when we had our much dreamed reunion, and they played Coma every night, and they brought Adler, and Slash played Sorry and Axl tickled Slash on stage. Crazy times, beautiful times. We can all die happy  :drool:

So true. Best post I've seen the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nn18 said:

That Sorry was simply beautiful.....Axl's timing might be off  a few times, but I don't care. That was wonderful.

It has that Zeppelin/Floyd wibe, that I haven't noticed before. It must be because of Slash's bluesy solo. 

It was super weird, and super cool seeing them next to eachother and being ok with it. After all it's just a song (in case it is about Slash, and IMO it deffinately is)

Yes!!!

I wish I could explain what is the thing I loved about the version played last night but I know nothing about guitar playing so I don't know how to call this sound or thing Slash does (or is it Fortus?) but I never heard it from the nuGuns version. I loved it so much I want to have only that part played in a loop in my head over and over :lol:

Its like a very sad sound kind of psychedelic, omg it makes me :drool:

I understand some people don't like this song. It is more suitable for when you're in your living room chilling out after work, lol but it was good for the first time being played with this lineup and after some years.

Axl definitely needs more rehearsal in the first part but if they keep playing it I guess he's gonna get better.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Melissa literally does nothing during The Seeker, she just holds onto the computer like she might press it in a bit. I want a job like that. :lol:

Her computer has Internet connection onstage so she checks her Facebook and Twitter account, just like the rest of us while at work :ph34r:

I went to the two shows in Vegas, the show in DC, and last night in Philly. I have to say, when I watch the shows that I don't go to at home on periscope the lack of changes in the set list is annoying. BUT... when I am at the actual concert, it doesn't bother me at all. The band is on fire now and the just get better and better each show. I wasn't a fan of Sorry on CD but it was cool to hear them play it live and i thought it sounded great. Also the crowd in the pit on slash's side was one of the friendliest / happiest crowds. I met some really cool people last night. What a fun show. I'm definitely going to both shows in NJ next weekend!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Her computer has Internet connection onstage so she checks her Facebook and Twitter account, just like the rest of us while at work :ph34r:

Ha! I got a massive bollocking from my ward sister last week for sneaking off to check my phone, she'd been looking for me for 20 minutes eeeekkk. 

Well I just pulled the trigger.  Once wasn't enough.  Going Next week on Saturday to see them at met life in NJ gonna be all they way up there but I don't care.  That show was so amazing it left me wanting more...

• Like 2

"Did Axl and Slash trade jokes, or brush up against one another, as they might have at a Troubadour club show from 1987? No, they were rarely within arms-length through the sweltering, two and a half-hour set."

Axl literally tickled Slash. Fucking press. At least the rest was very positive.

1 minute ago, metalms said:

wow nearly 70,000 according to this article,, and I believe it I have never been to a show with a crowd like that

Not sure how accurate that number Is but the stadium was certainly packed as you would know. Wish Pittsburgh would have showed up like Philadelphia did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnr estranged said:

I went to the two shows in Vegas, the show in DC, and last night in Philly. I have to say, when I watch the shows that I don't go to at home on periscope the lack of changes in the set list is annoying. BUT... when I am at the actual concert, it doesn't bother me at all. The band is on fire now and the just get better and better each show. I wasn't a fan of Sorry on CD but it was cool to hear them play it live and i thought it sounded great. Also the crowd in the pit on slash's side was one of the friendliest / happiest crowds. I met some really cool people last night. What a fun show. I'm definitely going to both shows in NJ next weekend!!

Just Got tix for Met Life Saturday!!!

Just now, ironmt said:

Not sure how accurate that number Is but the stadium was certainly packed as you would know. Wish Pittsburgh would have showed up like Philadelphia did.

yes!  Interested to see what the official #'s are.  Still the crowd was HUGE

• Like 2