07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

Wait...!? people like Sorry? I just remember it being shit on for years by a lot of posters here. The wonders that Slash and Duff can have on a song;)

I love the song, and this was an alright version (I'd say it'll be very cool after a couple more performances), but I have heard gnr play it better before. Nice to see it back in the set!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Slash gets so laser-focused while playing and so into the music he's performing that he doesn't care or realize what's happening around him.  He barely paid attention to Axl here.

What an incredible guitar player he is.  He never ceases to amaze me.  :heart:

• Like 4

SORRY, YESSSS!!! 

So glad they finally played it. 

Some timing issues they still need to iron out, but otherwise great. They should also turn up Duff's and Melissa's backing vocals. I could hardly hear them and I loved their singing in the soundchecks.

So they shake up the set list and and play FOUR god damn CD songs.. That is fucking pathetic.. Fucking get over yourself Axl... Seriously, 3 was too much.. Now 4? The album was a damn joke to teh most of the world and GnR fans.. 4 of the people on stage had nothing to do with it and from what I gather the other two clowns had minimal to do with it..

And the kicker is that there was a total of one song played from both LIES and SI combined.. But we get 4 CD songs.. wtf?  

Edited by Tom-Ass

I love waking up and going through the comments you guys made while watching the show :) I also love that each show seems to be the best one yet.

I've never cared too much for Sorry live but I think it was amazing last night. Axl's vocals were off th charts.

But the best of the night for me was Axl tickling Slash HAHAHAHAH he looks like a little kid, so funny.

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Ok I just heard Sorry, its so weird to see that song on the setlist, the only good thing about this song is Slash's solo, he did an amazing job.

I don't want to hear any CD songs.. Never mind fucking 4.. So fucking lame.. 

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

So they shake up the set list and and play FOUR god damn CD songs.. That is fucking pathetic.. Fucking get over yourself Axl... Seriously, 3 was to much.. Now 4? The album was a damn joke to teh most of the world and GnR fans.. 4 of the people on stage had nothing to do with it and from what I gather the other two clowns had minimal to do with it..

And the kicker is that there was a total of one song played from both LIES and SI combined.. But we get 4 CD songs.. wtf?  

And breathe...

Yes too many CD songs, not enough proper GnR. I do like the song Sorry though, wish they would drop Better and TIL. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't want to hear any CD songs.. Never mind fucking 4.. So fucking lame.. 

Your constant whining about CD songs is lame too. Slash and Duff seem to have no problem playing them and Axl's probably never gonna drop them, so time to accept it.

Besides, Sorry and Better rock. I could do without TIL and CD, but don't mind the rest. Maybe they should replace TIL and CD with TWAT and SOD. Sorry, Better, SOD and TWAT would be awesome.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

The videos are really good, i'm happy about Sorry, it was nice but it needs more practice for sure, it was awesome how Axl held the "siiiiiing" note, thou. 

Axl's voice cracked a few time but everything is very good, they sound great.

AWWW, at the tickling :wub: i loved how Slash didn't react but then smiled at Axl like "You idiot :lol: but i find you funny anyway".

Axl seemed in a great mood.

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

Your constant whining about CD songs is lame too. Slash and Duff seem to have no problem playing them and Axl's probably never gonna drop them, so time to accept it.

Besides, Sorry and Better rock. I could do without TIL and CD, but don't mind the rest. Maybe they should replace TIL and CD with TWAT and SOD. Sorry, Better, SOD and TWAT would be awesome.

Whatever dude.. You're not paying over $300 dollars to read my posts. Not that I want them to but I have no problem with them playing a song or two.. But FOUR??? While they play ZERO off LIES? A bit overkill considering the album was a failure. And Better is a sorry excuse for a song.. It just sounds like 5 horrible songs pieces together. The only one out of all them that kind of fits is the title track.

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

Don't forget whining about ticket prices.  Every thread I open has nothing but complaining from SUPER GOD.

I'm just happy to be seeing 60% of the original GnR lineup in 2016.  I'll take what comes from the show and have a great time.

I understand that you can't make everyone happy but non-stop complaining can get tiresome.

P.S. @ SUPER GOD, I completely agree with you on the ticket price thing and the CD songs in the setlist but there isn't a thing we can do about any of it.

EDIT: preparing for a similar scathing reply like the one above.

Edited by Maynard James Keenan

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Only about 1/2 hour, but the crowd was getting restless. So we are getting spoiled by the new usual punctuality! I haven't heard what the reason was though.

I was glad though.  Their was quite a line getting in to the stadium so we would have missed the first song or two had they come on "on time" 

• Like 1