07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

What was the hold up? Super tight security? Or do you mean vehicle traffic?

Security mostly.  Some people with floor tickets were supposed to go in through a different gate ect.  too many trying to get in at one time.  We got there around 730 and tailgated a bit.  Got over late due to work... took about 35 mins for us to get thru the line going in The crowd was HUGE

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GNRfanx6 said:

Just got home from the show. Holy fuckin shit it was amazing. Axl was on fire. So much so he actually said it himself. The energy was amazing. Best show I have ever been to!!!

How were those seats? I am already plotting to try and find a way to get my ass to the  meadowlands next weekend.  What a show Axl and the boys kicked ass for philly!!!

• Like 2

I love seeing Axl in a good mood, all the waiting (25 mins is nothing) was worth it. It's great to watch him teasing Slash, that's something he definitely can't do with Angus :rofl-lol:

"Boy, behave yourself. Yiss, yiss. You can't do such things yiss. We'll give you a hot cup of tea to calm you down. Yiss. Good boy." :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

Don't forget whining about ticket prices.  Every thread I open has nothing but complaining from SUPER GOD.

I'm just happy to be seeing 60% of the original GnR lineup in 2016.  I'll take what comes from the show and have a great time.

I understand that you can't make everyone happy but non-stop complaining can get tiresome.

P.S. @ SUPER GOD, I completely agree with you on the ticket price thing and the CD songs in the setlist but there isn't a thing we can do about any of it.

EDIT: preparing for a similar scathing reply like the one above.

I assume I am Super God? Don't be a fucking dick. I might criticize the band but not other forum members and I don't resort to petty name calling when I don't agree with people.  If you think all my posts have been negative then you are just not reading my posts.. They have been mostly positive since the tour "Stadium" tour began and it has been awesome for the most part. The last few days have been sickening watching people get the same tickets as me for a third of the price.. Sorry if I don't like getting fucked in the ass. As for the CD songs I will bitch about them all I want.. Four songs of that shit album and only 1 throw away song combined from LIES and SI.. That just isn't right.

If my posts bother you enough to single me out and be an ass about it then I suggest you use the Ignore or block feature.. Then you don't have to read any of my posts at all.

38 minutes ago, starlight said:

Ok but all the complaints are for right reasons. As GNR fans we want nothing but the best for the band especially when we're paying our money to support them

You get it..

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Whatever dude.. You're not paying over $300 dollars to read my posts. Not that I want them to but I have no problem with them playing a song or two.. But FOUR??? While they play ZERO off LIES? A bit overkill considering the album was a failure. And Better is a sorry excuse for a song.. It just sounds like 5 horrible songs pieces together. The only one out of all them that kind of fits is the title track.

Damn you always bitch about something, can you never say anything nice? Some like the CD songs so you can take that!

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I love seeing Axl in a good mood, all the waiting (25 mins is nothing) was worth it. 

Yeah 25 minutes is nothing. I watched up to RQ on periscope and they sounded great last night. Just hope we don't have to wait in Foxboro due to the lame curfew.

18 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I love seeing Axl in a good mood, all the waiting (25 mins is nothing) was worth it. It's great to watch him teasing Slash, that's something he definitely can't do with Angus :rofl-lol:

"Boy, behave yourself. Yiss, yiss. You can't do such things yiss. We'll give you a hot cup of tea to calm you down. Yiss. Good boy." :smiley-confused2:

Yiss Yiss hahahhahahahaa

2 minutes ago, lassie said:

Damn you always bitch about something, can you never say anything nice? Some like the CD songs so you can take that!

Another selective reader.. Fucking block me

Some people fine, then play a song or two but 4?? I guarantee the majority would rather hear some a couple of those CD songs replaced with LIES or SI songs which they only played one of. Or UYI songs for that matter. So you can take that lol.. 

Now go block me please

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wagrez said:

well... i dont know if is because im brazilian, but me and my 11yo son felt like aliens on the stadium Lol

we bang our heads, jump, played air guitar, air drums, and the rest of the people was just... "WTF?" Lol

a couple of peoples came to high-five my son for his energy and enthusiasm.

the band live is another game... youtube doesn't make justice. Now I understand why the people always said that we have to see them live.

Axl was on fire... smiling all the fuckin time... its just so surreal... is this "the" axl? the same that we used to know? well, not anymore! hahaha

anyway, the best show of my live hands down!

our section was dancing so much so it was vibrating!  I would have high fived him!!!! :heart:

13 minutes ago, wagrez said:

well... i dont know if is because im brazilian, but me and my 11yo son felt like aliens on the stadium Lol

we bang our heads, jump, played air guitar, air drums, and the rest of the people was just... "WTF?" Lol

a couple of peoples came to high-five my son for his energy and enthusiasm.

the band live is another game... youtube doesn't make justice. Now I understand why the people always said that we have to see them live.

Axl was on fire... smiling all the fuckin time... its just so surreal... is this "the" axl? the same that we used to know? well, not anymore! hahaha

anyway, the best show of my live hands down!

Glad you had a great time! :headbang:

Yes, a lot of people at shows here act like they have a corn cob up the pipe. But I'm sure they're talking about you this morning with a smile! Keep rockin man...

11 minutes ago, lassie said:

Awesome show, nice to see after all these years :-) They sound and look great 

The vibe was fantastic.  Philly really showed up and so did GNR despite the heat.  They gave it all that they had.  Which is why I have always been such a fan.  It may be an uphill battle but I am going to do all that I can to see another show on this tour

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

4xr9R1.gif

And there was a time when we had our much dreamed reunion, and they played Coma every night, and they brought Adler, and Slash played Sorry and Axl tickled Slash on stage. Crazy times, beautiful times. We can all die happy  :drool:

• Like 4

Watched some of the high def. videos from the show.  The band, Axl and the crowd were electric.  As I expected, the Philly crowd was loud and brought an energy level not yet seen on this tour ...other than maybe Chicago night 1...but if I had to guess, Philly was louder.

And I agree with others, this may have been the best show yet in terms of overall quality.

Oh, wow. Four ChiDem songs. I like the record (minus Rhiad) so it's cool that they play those songs too, but I really hope they would play Slither at least once. I don't why I want it to happen, maybe because I love that song so much. I think Axl would sound killer on it. But I'm not going to bitch about the setlist. It is pretty great as it is. There's something for everyone, for the casuals, the diehards and us ChiDem-lovers :D

These videos are amazing, btw. The whole band is on fire. What a time to be a Gn'R-fan!

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hey now.....everyone dial it back a touch please.

I happen to love 13/14 songs on CD, so I'm all for them playing as much of it as they want. Others hate the record, so they of course want to hear as little of it as possible. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this board, please remember that when replying to others.

Thanks!

What's the odd one out? I'm guessing If The World.