07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

1 hour ago, zepsun said:

Flew in todat from Newfoundland. Two rows ahead of me on the plane were people talking about GNR. At baggage claim another couple of guys were talking about how their tickets were in their suitcases. Went out to supper and three guys were at a table and one of the goes "you know where you are!! Tomorrow.is going to be awesome"

This seems huge.

Real-life hype>internet fake/gay hype

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Just an interesting little tidbit for those of you who are fans of the bands other projects: Loaded member Isaac Carpenter was in Toronto today with AWOLNATION. I wonder if he met up with Duff and met the rest of the guys in the band? (sorry im a fucking huge Awol fan :P) . Unfortunately on show day, Awol will be 2 hours away from Toronto in London. 

Isaac plays all drums on Loaded 2011 effort "The Taking". Hes a fucking amazing drummer in my opinion:  

anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Canadian GNR craziness :headbang:

I'm a huge AWOLNation fan as well and ha really hoped we'd see them opening for GNR this tour.  Now, having said that, AWOLNation can go fuck themselves for the bullshit they pulled lately.  I had tickets to the June 19th show here in Toronto only to have it canceled two days before the gig.  Why?  Because they wanted to open for Prophets of Rage, meaning those who bought tickets to watch AWOLNation headline their own show were told to buy tickets for some other show where we'd get less songs and likely pay more money.  On top of that, even if I were interested in seeing Prophets of Rage (which I'm not), the next time they play Toronto I'll be away on vacation.  One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen from a band with respect to treating their fans.  

Anyway...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

I'm a huge AWOLNation fan as well and ha really hoped we'd see them opening for GNR this tour.  Now, having said that, AWOLNation can go fuck themselves for the bullshit they pulled lately.  I had tickets to the June 19th show here in Toronto only to have it canceled two days before the gig.  Why?  Because they wanted to open for Prophets of Rage, meaning those who bought tickets to watch AWOLNation headline their own show were told to buy tickets for some other show where we'd get less songs and likely pay more money.  On top of that, even if I were interested in seeing Prophets of Rage (which I'm not), the next time they play Toronto I'll be away on vacation.  One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen from a band with respect to treating their fans.  

Anyway...

oh dude, you have no idea. not to derail this thread even more, but i drove 15 hours from New Orleans to see them in Sterling Heights 4 days before the show and they canceled 2 days before. While its the dumbest move Aaron has pulled in his career, and to me more like career suicide, you gotta remember what band we are fans of. Axl has pulled the plug on venues with thousands of people already seated and ready to go. :lol:

While i do agree it is a dick move that they tell the fans they had to cancel the dates to tour with Prophets, i dont believe that to be entirely true. I honestly believe most of the tour dates were canceled due to poor ticket sales. A day before the plug was pulled on the shows, i was able to purchase SECTIONS of tickets for the Sterling Heights show. Who knows what really happened. Whatever happened, happened, and it sucks for fans like me who had VIP passes to meet them, but i can't be all that mad at him when i admire a guy like Axl Rose. Ill probably check them out on the Prophets tour in Houston. 

Im sorry that happened to you though downzy! that Toronto show seemed to be sold out...