GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rather petulant and childish if you ask me. And how long did this take? They could have been playing Locomotive rather than beating up a balloon.

Oh for fuck's sake, lighten up already.

And for all you others, take that stick out of your ass why don't you. This is just a playful way of letting the MEXICAN people know that they don't agree with Trump's policy by beating up a pinata in Mexican fashion. Don't even start about peace and love when it's about a man who is clearly a bigot and has insulted so many different people these last two years.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh for fuck's sake, lighten up already.

And for all you others, take that stick out of your ass why don't you. This is just a playful way of letting the MEXICAN people know that they don't agree with Trump's policy by beating up a pinata in Mexican fashion. Don't even start about peace and love when it's about a man who is clearly a bigot and has insulted so many different people these last two years.

So if you disagree with somebody's policies - in Mexican tradition - you assemble a big doll of them and communally beat it with a stick? Alright, understood!! I think I'd rather be serious on this than 'lighten up' as you suggest as I find the whole thing infantile in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So if you disagree with somebody's policies - in Mexican tradition - you assemble a big doll of them and communally beat it with a stick? Alright, understood!! I think I'd rather be serious on this than 'lighten up' as you suggest as I find the whole thing infantile in the extreme.

I think they wanted to let their Mexican fans know, in a playful way (however childish that might be to you), that they don't agree with his rhetoric on the whole Mexican issue. Sure, they could have made that clear in many different ways but they chose to do it this way - in Mexican tradition if you will -, but why are you annoyed by that? I mean... big deal, right?

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think they wanted to let their Mexican fans know, in a playful way (however childish that might be to you), that they don't agree with his rhetoric on the whole Mexican issue. Sure, they could have made that clear in many different ways but they chose to do it this way - in Mexican tradition if you will -, but why are you annoyed by that? I mean... big deal, right?

I'm not annoyed in the slightest. I merely find it infantile and embarrassing. I stopped being annoyed about Guns N' Roses when I stopped caring about Guns N' Roses.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not annoyed in the slightest. I merely find it infantile and embarrassing. I stopped being annoyed about Guns N' Roses when I stopped caring about Guns N' Roses.

And yet you have almost 20k posts on their forum

You do realize how ridiculous you sound, right?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Judging by your comments you do seem to be annoyed, at least enough to make several posts expressing your disapproval. But whatever... I'll take your word for it. 

In my not so humble opinion, that was a disgraceful and despicable act for a Rock N' Roll band.  

By doing that onstage, the entire band is now on record against the President of the United States of America.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

ESPECIALLY right before the band expects to collect more AMERICAN DOLLARS for a tour next year.  

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

And yet you have almost 20k posts on their forum

You do realize how ridiculous you sound, right?

Well I'm clearly not alone here as others find it embarrassing also, and I do not know why people always try to personalise these type of arguments - I've never denied the fact that I see Guns as a comedy band, and many of those posts are about general topics such as movies and cricket.

Some find it unfunny and childish. You found it ''rawk and roll'' or amusing (or whatever it is you see in it). Now, how do you envision this little spat proceeding? Where do you think we can go on from here?

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I can't wait for all the unnecessary backlash this shit is gonna get :unsure:

Trump supporters will destroy Axl all over the Internet and they have so much ammunition to use :facepalm:

More Americans despise Trump than like him, half the people that voted for him are too embarrassed to admit it. 

Axl will be fine, he's heard it all. 

Atleast Axl denounced the KKK when they started showing up to their shows

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Apollo said:

It's disgusting. 

You people would be losing your minds if the situation was reversed. 

If Hillary had won the election and some random band brought a doll of her on stage and beat the shit out of it...nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

There would be nothing but posts about how violent and evil republicans were. How classless it was. 

Or if an Obama doll was brought on stage and destroyed. Nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

Applauding simulated violence against the president of the United States. While complaining that Trump and his followers are spreading hate and negativity. 

This is some sick stuff. 

I agree! And I'm a fuckin liberal who wants to throw up just by listening Trump's name. But this is awful and truly unnecessary violence. 

• Like 2