all these gnr subjects suck right now

I also think the best indicator as to whether a Guns album is seriously coming will be if Slash begins recording another SMKC album next fall like Myles predicted.  This will eat up at least two years between recording and touring on it.  Slash isn't one to sit on his hands waiting, but if he believes a Guns album is coming I see him delaying the next SMKC album indefinitely to stick with Axl.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I also think the best indicator as to whether a Guns album is seriously coming will be if Slash begins recording another SMKC album next fall like Myles predicted.  This will eat up at least two years between recording and touring on it.  Slash isn't one to sit on his hands waiting, but if he believes a Guns album is coming I see him delaying the next SMKC album indefinitely to stick with Axl.

Slash could record with Miles pretty much anytime he wants the technology has caught up. You dont have to be in the same country let alone the same room now.

6 hours ago, moreblack said:

They don't even need to look at new material at the moment. They could tour this reunion for years.

After that tour Slash and Duff go back to their solo bands and put out new albums, tour those.

And then maybe look at doing new GNR music.

I disagree....they can hit each region and do stadiums once (maybe twice in Europe and/or South America), but in the States, they won't be able to do stadiums any more after next year (as a tour, not one-offs mind you).  They could do arenas probably, but ticket prices would be lowered I imagine.  The US market has a very limited viability for something that isn't new or fresh (as the GnR reunion is now).  

9 hours ago, dgnr said:

I wouldn't go as far as a riot, but a rant, yeah, we definitely need a rant!

We had "the piñana incident" and the riot ended up here

8 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You think you're pessimistic?  I didn't believe until the night of the Coachella announcement when Slash changed his Facebook profile pic to the GnR Coachella one :)

I'm usually inspired in that position as well :)

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

12 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Axl & Slash are back together and it's virtually impossible to want anything more.

Well, not really. It's definitely possible to want them to release new music together. It has been 25 years. 

I'd prefer they do so when at least one of them is still closer to 50 than 60.

• Like 1

On 12 January 2017 at 2:29 AM, YeshuaGnR said:

both.png

"Everyone on internet saying when will they put out a record, will it be CD II, they should do a trilogy, will Slash play on old songs or will he write new stuff, do they need Izzy? And we have only just got back together again and even I don't know if we even will be making a new record. But one thing I do know, is we will be doing, exactly what we want to do! Ladies and gentlepussies, this is Steven Adler and this is Out. Ta. Get. Me!!! The Instrumental." (leaves the stage)

44 minutes ago, wasted said:

"Everyone on internet saying when will they put out a record, will it be CD II, they should do a trilogy, will Slash play on old songs or will he write new stuff, do they need Izzy? And we have only just got back together again and even I don't know if we even will be making a new record. But one thing I do know, is we will be doing, exactly what we want to do! Ladies and gentlepussies, this is Steven Adler and this is Out. Ta. Get. Me!!! The Instrumental." (leaves the stage)

Your user name says "wasted", you aren't Adler! :P

On 1/12/2017 at 4:11 PM, moreblack said:

They don't even need to look at new material at the moment. They could tour this reunion for years.

After that tour Slash and Duff go back to their solo bands and put out new albums, tour those.

And then maybe look at doing new GNR music.

Sure, they don't need to, but one new song or an interview that stated definitive intentions for recording a new album would help the band not look like a cash hungry nostalgia act and it would take the one valid criticism of the current GnR of the table. All they need to say is "we're getting together at the end of 2017 and writing a new record for release in mid 2018" with that, there's a bunch of new interest from those that believe this is nothing more than the Chinese democracy tour extension (now including Slash and Duff)

Edited by Tom2112

On 1/12/2017 at 5:02 PM, starlight said:

On the 22th it's Steven's birthday...it would be cool if they let him play and just more than 2 songs just saying..

Yeh, but that's just nostalgia. It would be cool to see it! don't get me wrong! but unless they are reaching in deep to their catalogue it's essentially the same thing but one extra AFD member on stage. We want some new un-released music or information regarding it.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeh, but that's just nostalgia. It would be cool to see it! don't get me wrong! but unless they are reaching in deep to their catalogue it's essentially the same thing but one extra AFD member on stage. We want some new un-released music or information regarding it.

Yes I want new music too. And a decent drummer thanks.