GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

@Andy14 oh that's ok then:lol:

16 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Nonono. I mean that I bought my NITL ticket more than 6 months ago :rofl-lol:. I've been waiting much longer :max::P

The last time they played in Prague was in 2010. I wasn't there but according to many sources by the time the show was scheduled to start Axl was arguing with a receptionist at a hotel....in London!!! They were 4 hours late and left Prague immediately after the show. They hate us :unsure:

Still not 24 years though:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hejanne said:

Oh, you should have said something, I would have loved to talk to you :hug:

And all those people thinking they could cheat in line making my blood boil :bitchfight:

Haha, I saw you stand up to those rude individuals who thought they could just push in. 

I wish I did say something, but I wasnt 100% sure that was you, so I decided to avoid awkwardness, cos I'm a whimp :lol:

21 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Nonono. I mean that I bought my NITL ticket more than 6 months ago :rofl-lol:. I've been waiting much longer :max::P

The last time they played in Prague was in 2010. I wasn't there but according to many sources by the time the show was scheduled to start Axl was arguing with a receptionist at a hotel....in London!!! They were 4 hours late and left Prague immediately after the show. They hate us :unsure:

Awwww don't worry, Axl has done some real asshole things to every country by now, I don't think he hates you guys :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Awwww don't worry, Axl has done some real asshole things to every country by now, I don't think he hates you guys :) 

No, no, Portugal is the exception here. He only dared to do something to us in 1992 by leaving the stage because people were throwing him bottles with piss (thank Mike Patton and Axl lateness for this). He came back, because it was the 1st anniversary of the St. Louis riot and probably because people started lighting flares once he stormed out of the stage. Still - and I'm gonna post this again cause I just can't  :lol: - we struke back and put him in a pink bow and called him a pussy.

DBRNTz4XgAA0WtP.jpg

I think we scared him for good, so after that it was only love for us

:P:P 

But anyway @Andy14, that asshole Axl is gone. Gingersnap is a sweetheart these days, he loves everyone and every country and Slash now :wub:

------

And I also approve the Alixl (:question:) :P 
------

And congrats @BorderlineCrazy! Party hard tonight boocaa.png

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Awwww don't worry, Axl has done some real asshole things to every country by now, I don't think he hates you guys

I think this is true :max:

---

Lol I have never seen Duff wearing a flannel so that looks weird, indeed... Not sure I like that piece of clothing on him. It's like he's not the lumberjack type :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgnr said:

No, no, Portugal is the exception here. He only dared to do something to us in 1992 by leaving the stage because people were throwing him bottles with piss (thank Mike Patton and Axl lateness for this). He came back, because it was the 1st anniversary of the St. Louis riot and probably because people started lighting flares once he stormed out of the stage. Still - and I'm gonna post this again cause I just can't  :lol: - we struke back and put him in a pink bow and called him a pussy.

DBRNTz4XgAA0WtP.jpg

I think we scared him for good, so after that it was only love for us

Pink is such a good color on him. :P

9 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Another flannel shirt guy

19367317_1400473873355217_176764807905542144_n.jpg

Christ, what is up with Seattlites and flannel? Not a good look for you, Duffers.

Edited by purplestargirl

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Lol I have never seen Duff wearing a flannel so that looks weird, indeed... Not sure I like that piece of clothing on him. It's like he's not the lumberjack type :ph34r:

Duff has admitted he has no sense of fashion whatsoever and says his wife gives him fashion tips. That flannel is a fashion no-no in Duff's case.

47 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Pink is such a good color on him. :P

Christ, what is up with Seattlites and flannel? Not a good look for you, Duffers.

O la la...Axl in pink. How sexy ??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

Bummer! :lol:

and I am also in the minority because I like The Kills :P
Hmm Alisson and Axl, that would be interesting! I approve! :awesomeface: But at this point it is just speculation.

I also like them, albeit not being a superfan. I like some of their songs quite a bit (like Back Balloon or Satellite) and generally think they've got some good hooks. Saw them live once in 2009. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Well Seattle was the birthplace of grunge which equaled tons and tons of flannel! I was in high school when those grunge bands burst upon the scene in the early 90s like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and flannel was all you ever saw! And we still do haha. :lol: 

Edited- Noticed that you are from that area! So I guess I didn't need to explain then lol. :)

Edited by marlingrl03

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well Seattle was the birthplace of grunge which equaled tons and tons of flannel! I was in high school when those grunge bands burst upon the scene in the early 90s like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and flannel was all you ever saw! And we still do haha. :lol: 

Edited- Noticed that you are from that area! So I guess I didn't need to explain then lol. :)

Where I live you see more tie dye than anything. O.o

13 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I feel really down that my GnR shows are gone, really depressed :(  I feel like I didn't take it all in and wasn't appreciating it enough at the time and now I regret it. Anyone else ever felt like this after a show? It's horrible. 

That's the way I feel everytime after Slash plays in Argentina. Post concert depression sucks but I guess it means we had an unreal time too. It will get better after a while but it's a pretty shitty feeling :cry:

13 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I feel like that before the shows :nervous:. But yeah, I know this feeling, I felt the same way last year after ACDC, like I wasn't enjoying every single second of it and suddenly it was gone...and kept replaying some parts in my head...Now I've been waiting for more than 6 months and in 3 weeks it all will be over and nothing to look forward to. That's what kinda scares me...all the expectations - the show - game over. Lol, I'm an idiot :facepalm: 

I think it's normal to feel that way with a band that means so much to us. You'll have time to miss them and be depressed when they're gone, though, try to focus on the bright side now and enjoy that feeling of excitement that comes with knowing that you're about to see them! You're gonna have the most wonderful time, no matter how high your expectations are! :headbang:

8 hours ago, dgnr said:

And congrats @BorderlineCrazy! Party hard tonight boocaa.png

Haha thanks!! :heart: That was some crazy timing as it was my birthday too! :P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Happy belated birthday, @BorderlineCrazy:lol: Hope you had a good one!

----

Your post concert depression makes me wonder because I don't have it. I remember having it after my favourite conference and other occasions. But man did I have a great time at the Guns 'n Roses gig! I really had a natural high being there, and I still don't suffer from a low. Which is great, I mean I don't miss it. Seeing them playing live, seeing them fucking being alive and WELL, hearing them playing that awesome, remembering all those Guns moments in my life, all that gives me a lot. I kinda nourish from it, pathetic as it sounds. I hope it'll feed my daily level of happiness for a long time.

Just blabbering and being soppy as usual. I hope you guys can feed your daily dose of happy with your concert moments too. :heart: :hug:

Thanks, I sure did! :)

Well, I envy you. I'm dying to see them again and I'm sure I'll suffer as soon as they leave. Last year it was a bit easier for me because while they were touring South America I already heard they were planning to come back this year (I believed that "rumour" and it happened to be true luckily for me) so the idea of having them back fairly soon helped me get over it. But last time SMKC played in Argentina (which was 2015, can't complain about the ammount of Slash doses I'm getting!), right after the last show ended I already felt like jumping off a bridge or something :lol: 

I hope you'll get to keep your happiness and excitment for a long time, that's so much better than getting depressed! :P

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Axl has a new daddy :ph34r: (a daddy that - at 77 - still parties like there's no tomorrow :smiley-confused2:)

Btw. 2 weeks till my Prague show and I'm losing my excitement because I've been waiting for too long, there's a thick layer of dust on my ticket, almost everyone has seen the show and I feel like there will be nothing left for me :max::unsure:

(maybe I should have really gone to see Myles Kennedy :rofl-lol:)

I was like this too in the weeks before Slane. You've been so excited for so long, it's like your brain has to take a break as the show approaches and you go into 'numb' mode. Believe me the love will come back on the day itself! 

On 6/19/2017 at 9:36 PM, janrichmond said:

I did notice on both nights, little kids with ear defenders on, so cute. I also was glad to see quite a few oldies too [even older than me!]

'GNR, A BAND FOR ALL THE FAMILY' 

:rofl-lol:

On 6/17/2017 at 6:19 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

This one is a bit better (still not perfect :(). Axl was so immersed in whatever it is that he was doing :rofl-lol:

He's 'privately' (in front of 1000's of ppl lol) taking the piss out of Slash with a bit of air guitar. What a messer he is. :wub:

On 6/17/2017 at 1:04 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I know I'm alive because I'm in the most pain ever from sunburn and lining up since 10:30am. Didn't see any of the freak show, saw Jarmo a lot :lol:

That's what happens when vampires go out in daylight. :lol: 

(I'm a little sunburnt today too - it was 26 degrees here yesterday!!!)

And the water situation sounds bad! Railing is without doubt the best experience but it takes a lot of physical endurance!!

Seriously, though, I so delighted you made the railing and had a great time!! :hug: 

I'm really happy the London shows went off so well. The city (and country) deserves it after all the recent tragedies.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Duff has admitted he has no sense of fashion whatsoever and says his wife gives him fashion tips. That flannel is a fashion no-no in Duff's case.

Really? For Me His fashion before join NITL is good, So it was His Wife tips

So its Daxl vs Susan now:lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

On 21/6/2017 at 7:36 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yep, even if it is just a "Axl was three hours late" story, I think nearly all GnR fans have been through that with him. Feeling completely disrespected by him and like he isn't bothered about his fans or being in our respective countries at all. I have felt like that a lot of times seeing him, and some of the things he has done here :facepalm: yet everyone knows Axl loves the UK :lol:

Yeah, if you've followed them through the good and bad, the whole "nuGuns" era was filled of disasters and disrespect regarding show time and other things. Stopping the show for bullshit, threatening to leave, that seriously would kill the mood sometimes.... I'm glad he doesn't do that acting anymore, only when its real and needed, apparently.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, if you've followed them through the good and bad, the whole "nuGuns" era was filled of disasters and disrespect regarding show time and other things. Stopping the show for bullshit, threatening to leave, that seriously would kill the mood sometimes.... I'm glad he doesn't do that acting anymore, only when its real and needed, apparently.

Thx to The God aka Slash