Surprise in Tel Aviv?

Just now, maynard said:

Which is technically a cover too. :lol:

Axl wrote that song twenty years ago, and now Slash is contracted to perform Prostitute. I thought he left Guns N' Roses in 1996 because he didn't want to be associated with what Axl was working at the time. Someone said the other day that Prostitute sounds like Coldplay.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Axl wrote that song twenty years ago, and now Slash is contracted to perform Prostitute. I thought he left Guns N' Roses in 1996 because he didn't want to be associated with what Axl was working at the time. Someone said the other day that Prostitute sounds like Coldplay.

It always reminded me of the Manics' "You Stole The Sun From My Heart".

Just now, Bansidhe said:

It always reminded me of the Manics' "You Stole The Sun From My Heart".

Could be.

To me this song is difficult to picture. Moby or Massive Attack a bit, but it's giving it too much credit. I think Buckethead did a fantastic job with the two solos.

My guess:

There Was A Time 

Prostitute

CITR

Whole Lotta Rosie / Riff Raff with Angus and Chris Slade

A couple of songs with Izzy and Steven

But who knows :P

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

I'm calling bullshit.

I spoke to a guy in the crew who said Paris was going to be a special show & nothing happened. 

I think our version of special and the bands version is two different things.  

Izzy's back....only for Axl to turn his amp done....just for old times sake in Tel Aviv :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

Ahhh shit, just thought of it. They'll do the Appetite songs that they haven't played in a long while. It's rehearsal for their Apollo show, where they'll play AFD 1-12.

I think this is the most likley explanation, a run through of AFD, whist keeping in some of the CD favourites for fans of NUGnR era. However not sure  why they can't do this by dropping some of the covers, and keep roughly to the same playing time. 

Really sounds like it's going to be a good show for all those attending, 3 1/2 hours will make for a killer show.

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

A couple of songs with Izzy and Steven

But who knows :P

I would love for you to be right but I doubt it,  cant see either of them going all that way. If they are going to bring out Axl and Izzy it has to be for the anniversary dates or it makes no sense. 

19 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I think our version of special and the bands version is two different things.  

Izzy's back....only for Axl to turn his amp done....just for old times sake in Tel Aviv :)

Does this mean that his guitar will be inaudible too?

• Like 1

No, the allocated time for the shows is 3 & 1/2 hours - all of them. Paris timings were 8pm - 11.30pm.

The current show runs 3 hours and 18minutes since Stockholm. Prague edged the longest set adding in used to love her.

Israel will get a normal show but it will certainly be special compared to Dublin as the set has increased by about 4/5 songs since then.

Edited by Axl_morris

11 minutes ago, padje said:

In that case Nijmegen is up for a surprise too... exactly the same message: Show is starting at 19:30 since the promotor is expecting the band to play longer.

I think this is all it is, band is planning on playing longer than originally anticipated 

38 minutes ago, padje said:

In that case Nijmegen is up for a surprise too... exactly the same message: Show is starting at 19:30 since the promotor is expecting the band to play longer.

has it changed? or it has always been 19:30 for Nijmegen?

update: just got an email from ticketservice that the show will start 30 minutes earlier and that it will last for 3,5 hours too whoohooooo

Edited by Drifter1158