07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Exactly.  Not to mention the fact that collectively I'm willing to bet the members of this forum have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars seeing this band over the past 16 months or so. 

I bet that's a good guess honestly. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dan_axl said:

Guns N Roses is Guns N Roses with Izzy or Not...

if you don't believe in that fact you aren't a GNR fan! 

Enjoyed the band!! And be happy!! 

Head, slowly, extract from arse, take some deep breaths and reassess your statement. Guns N Roses is NOT GNR without Izzy. It's a great imitation but not GNR. Where were you between 87-91? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JustanUrchin said:

Rumor has it that tomorrow is the celebration of AFD.  That means the five individuals who signed a recording K with Geffen, formed a p’ship, registered said p’ship and marks, and wrote, recorded and toured one of the most iconic albums in rock history.  Oh, and it was (and will forever remain) the #1 selling debut album of all-time.  For comparative purposes, next year is the 10-year anniversary of my team’s WS championship.  I can guarantee you that no one, quite literally, would accept Middelton, the Bucks or Montgomery trotting out anything less than ALL 25 living members of that squad EXCEPT Jayson Werth who’s playing for another team.  And that includes no stunt doubles or look-a-likes.  Everyone knows Phillies fans would n-e-v-e-r accept such a fraud, and ESPECIALLY if Middleton, the Bucks or Montgomery refused to bring back all 25 for pecuniary gain.  They’d be figuratively lynched for even considering such a fraud, and no one would give another hard-earned dollar to that franchise except for the random ownership apologist.

To the above quote.  How anyone can post, contrary to known public fact, legal impossibility with such conviction is nothing short of stupefying.  Slash has his own separate management and counsel.  Duff has his own separate management and counsel.  The singer is ‘managed’ by live-ins.  Gn’R is a trademark.  Gn’R is NOT a “band” consisting of S/D/A and AR’s employees (the what-have-yous on “keys,” Adler’s fourth replacement and the Izzy look-a-like).  The singer has owned that mark since NYE ’95 when he quit Original Gn’R (“Leaving Partner”) to form “a new band” and “a new p’ship” (quoting the singer’s legal notice and averments in pleadings).  Anyone reading any post referencing ‘Gn’R management’ immediately knows that whatever follows such an assertion is fictional because there is no ‘Gn’R management.’

Adler will be rockin his authentic swing and party feel to HIS songs.  But what about Izzy?  And what about you, the AFD fan?  Will you continue to line the pockets of S/D/A this fall by purchasing trinkets and $300 tickets to listen to 30-year old songs performed by 3 originals and their cover band?  There is no quarter of a billion dollar tour, trinketfest, and synch/licensing extravaganza without AFD just as there was no ’08 WS championship without those 25 Phillies.

AFD was and is authentic.  It is timeless.  What about tomorrow?  Have S/D/A, with their pot (now mountain) of gold, agreed to compensate/split the loot with that final fifth to man his side of the stage tomorrow for HIS songs?  Forget about LN and American arenas this fall, tomorrow is a S/D/A decision promoted by Sirius as a AFD celebration.

We all know what i meant when i typed 'GNR's management'. Slash and Duff have their own managers, but i would wager that Axl's adopted family are still running a lot of things considering not much has changed besides the lineup and venues. However, it's not the main point of contention, even though you have attempted to make it so. You can pick two words out of my statement and rip them apart, but everything else i said makes sense. Izzy and Steven will not be there because all the managers involved want their clients to make as much money as possible (because they also want to line their pockets with more). They don't want to undermine the tour and the current lineup by bringing on two original members, because doing so would lead to certain expectations which differ from the status quo.

If you truly believe that Steven and Izzy will be there, then i feel sorry for you. The video GNR posted 6 hours ago clearly showed the current lineup, and honestly, why do you think they are playing to an exclusive audience in an exclusive venue? It's because they will play with the current lineup, and the fact that there will only be a live audio stream strengthens that claim. An exclusive concert to an exclusive audience, with a stream through a partnered radio station, is not exactly a high-key or open celebration of AFD, is it?

Honestly, i don't know why people keep setting themselves up for disappointment. People shouldn't expect anything extraordinary from the band, as they almost always fall short of expectations. Everyone here should know that by now.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Head, slowly, extract from arse, take some deep breaths and reassess your statement. Guns N Roses is NOT GNR without Izzy. It's a great imitation but not GNR. Where were you between 87-91? 

Simple... 

Izzy choose didn't be a Guns N Roses member anymore with your reasons! After that, the band going on... the same thing happened with Slash and Duff... and the band going on...

Live with that fact! 

2 minutes ago, dan_axl said:

Simple... 

Izzy choose didn't be a Guns N Roses member anymore with your reasons! After that, the band going on... the same thing happened with Slash and Duff... and the band going on...

Live with that fact! 

Live with your head still up your hole. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

gnr radio just said see axl slash  duff and the rest of the gang tomorrow night  I dont think dizzy or steven will appear at the show

I think Dizzy will, he's been in the band since the early 90s.... Izzy on the other hand... :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I seriously doubt anyone didn't attend a show because izzy wasn't involved. A person might have stated that as their reason for not attending, but I dont think so. That person simply just wasn't interested in attending. As if, there were people who didn't attend an UYI tour date because Izzy or Steven wasn't in the band. Anyone states otherwise is just being melodramatic.

Doubt all you want.. True story... Wasn't a ton of people but I personally  know a handful.  And I tried to convince them all otherwise...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goneshootin said:

Has anyone seen the band (or izzy lol) around the city? I assume they're there by now. I'd imagine they're staying either at a 5 star hotel in midtown (Axl slash and duff) or the laguardia days inn (the other guys). 

There's been a few fan pictures of Duff and Axl on instagram but nobody else so far.

9 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Has anyone seen the band (or izzy lol) around the city? I assume they're there by now. I'd imagine they're staying either at a 5 star hotel in midtown (Axl slash and duff) or the laguardia days inn (the other guys). 

There was a rumor that Adler had arrived in NYC.....but it was just a rumor.

And then there is another rumor that members of GN'R might be special guests tonight with Frank's band, Mule Kick.

Other than that, I haven't heard of anything.