Teens watch a man drown

Okay I'm sure many of you have seen this video of teens recording a man in Florida drowning and all they did was video him and make horrible comments.

The man eventually drowned all the while these jerks recorded it on their phones and not one of them thought to stop and dial 911 for help.

Florida has no law that says a person has to help another person in trouble. What the fuck? You need a law that allows you to help out another human being.

What about human decency or trying to help or just calling 911 and hopefully someone would have come in time to help him.

Florida laws says nothing can be done to these teens. What about their parents? Is this the kind of person you raised? Are you proud of them?

You know this is just the beginning for these little bastards. I would not be surprised if the next step is to kill someone themselves and watch them die. It's a matter of time for this to happen since obviously these teens have no remorse or feelings about watching a man drown while they recorded it and made cruel comments.

It's a sad day to be part of the human race when something like this happens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay I'm sure many of you have seen this video of teens recording a man in Florida drowning and all they did was video him and make horrible comments.

The man eventually drowned all the while these jerks recorded it on their phones and not one of them thought to stop and dial 911 for help.

Florida has no law that says a person has to help another person in trouble. What the fuck? You need a law that allows you to help out another human being.

What about human decency or trying to help or just calling 911 and hopefully someone would have come in time to help him.

Florida laws says nothing can be done to these teens. What about their parents? Is this the kind of person you raised? Are you proud of them?

You know this is just the beginning for these little bastards. I would not be surprised if the next step is to kill someone themselves and watch them die. It's a matter of time for this to happen since obviously these teens have no remorse or feelings about watching a man drown while they recorded it and made cruel comments.

They filmed him? There has to be some law against that? Unlawful profiteering from distress or some bollocks. It wouldn't probably get them much of a penalty though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Since civilization started it's always been sad to be part of the human race. I'm really ashamed how humans think they are the best in the world, superior to any other creature, etc., I'm really sick of it. Mankind is so dumb, selfish and arrogant, nothing to be proud of. I'd choose to live an animal life in the wilderness any day if it were just possible...

Edited by Zurimor

I get that there are situations where not helping makes a little sense (getting involved in an armed robbery, seeing someone in a river getting attacked by a crocodile, etc)., but the fact that these teens not only failed to extend a hand but taunted the poor man as he drown is brutal.

These teens and their families should be forced to pay for funeral expenses of the man, along with having a portion of their wages forfeited and provided to the victim's family.  They should be forced to remember what they didn't do for a very long time.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Wtf? Even if you don't feel capable of helping because you can't swim, you could at least call for help.

the really disgusting thing is not only did they not even TRY to help they were taunting him. these kids have major problems and if their parents don't get them help they are going to wind up punk thugs....smh. i would have gone in to try and help or get at least get soeone to help any person OR animal in distress. makes me sick knowing people like this exist.

34 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Before anyone who talks about how fucked this generation is, think about the shit previous generations have done. 

I think we were doing alright really. We were doing alright until Franz Ferdinand was assassinated and then we buggered up.

• Like 1

Terrible. And I don't understand how not helping in a situation like this remains without legal consequences.

What makes people, no matter if teens or older, be without compassion, without empathy? I really ask myself this question quite a lot. (Also regarding terror attacks and the like).

On 24.7.2017 at 5:17 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I want to beat the shit out of cruel scumbags like this. If I had a kid who did this the bare minimum I would do is disown the little freak.

What I really believe in is, that thoughts of revenge, of "beating the shit out of them" etc. isn't helping at all. That doesn't make people change and feel more empathy for others. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, SoulMonster said:

This was reported in Norwegian newspapers too. Apparently we have a law here that says you have a duty to help someone in distress. It says a lot about human nature that we need laws for such things.

I totally agree with you. It saddens me that people would do something like this and not help a person and then to video record it. They also were saying horrible things like "you're going to die" and then said "oh he's dead".

Like I said, these teens are just getting started. Eventually they will do something that will lead to a tragedy.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

when i read about this is made me sick to my stomach. it makes me think about how many other people are out there who would let this happen while laughing their asses off about it. karma do your work please.

Yeah, exactly. I believe in karma too. I just hope these jerks don't take a life or do something like this again to get arrested.

Their parents should be shown this video. Unfortunately, their parents are probably just as bad. The cycle of hate and violence just continues.

40 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I totally agree with you. It saddens me that people would do something like this and not help a person and then to video record it. They also were saying horrible things like "you're going to die" and then said "oh he's dead".

Like I said, these teens are just getting started. Eventually they will do something that will lead to a tragedy.

Errr, isn't this a tragedy already?

Edited by Zurimor