Avenged Sevenfold are shit.

Towelie

A friend lent me two albums to try out, and after several listens of each album I have come to the conclusion that they are utter shit. Every song sounds like it wants to be a Metallica song, or a GNR song or a Slipknot song. They don't have their own sound at all. And the songwriting is piss poor.

I wouldn't say it's shit. Overrated yes, but not shit.

To be honest I only really liked the albums City of Evil and Self-Titled.

Waking the Fallen is too screamo for my liking, and sounding the Seventh Trumpet.

Nightmare is just samey, they don't go anywhere with it and I get their drummer died, but to make every song have a reference to the Rev is a joke.

I still wear my Avenged Sevenfold shirt sometimes, people think I'm trying to be ironic, its funny cause I'm not.

Really, what it boils down to is Avenged Sevenfold is music for kids. If you're above the age of 16 and just now hearing Avenged Sevenfold, you missed the boat. They're today's big hard rock band, just like GNR was in the late 80's early 90's. They aren't anything new or original, but they're doing what they do better than anybody else and a lot of people (mostly kids) are really digging it. I mean its kinda like hating on Sesame Street or Barney, you just look like a complete ass talking shit about a band like Avenged Sevenfold. Its fun juvenile music for juveniles, you think you're breaking news to anybody when you put them down?

I'll always have a soft spot for A7X because they really bridged the gap between hard rock and metal for me, Waking The Fallen got me into a lot of heavier music that I probably would have overlooked, they'll always have my respect for that. Great entry level metal band.

I'll always have a soft spot for A7X because they really bridged the gap between hard rock and metal for me, Waking The Fallen got me into a lot of heavier music that I probably would have overlooked, they'll always have my respect for that. Great entry level metal band.

Exactly this. A7X gave me a taste of heavy music, let me find a new genre I wouldn't have otherwise been able to like. They've descended pretty hardcore into cheese mode these days, but Waking the Fallen, City of Evil, and the Self Titled are damn good records. They're not the most technically challenging, or the "deepest" band, but they've never pretended to be and they're good at what they do.