Sign in to follow this  
DangerousCurves

Lighthearted thread: What's with the pants?

So, I just got a new copy of the UYI Tokyo DVDs so that my daughter can enjoy the family tradition (she's 11, plays guitar, and loves GNR) of watching like I did with my mom. I have always wondered: is there a reason Slash and Duff never seemed to button and/or zip their pants? Seriously. If Duff had the wherewithal to put on suspenders, why not just button and zip his pants? Was it a "cool" thing? Were they unaware when they left the john? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Edited by DangerousCurves
  • Like 1

Probably for ease, after reading Sammy Hagars book I can only assume Slash and duff were getting blow-jobs left, right and centre too during extended drum solo's and Axl rants.

That sounds like something Matt Sorum would ask.

"What's with the piano? I thought I joined a badass rock and roll band."

"What's with the pants? I thought we were professionals. We had an agreement guys"

Haha idk that's what I thought of. But they probably felt the pants were too tight and fit better unzipped? Who knows.

• Like 3

So, I just got a new copy of the UYI Tokyo DVDs so that my daughter can enjoy the family tradition (she's 11, plays guitar, and loves GNR) of watching like I did with my mom. I have always wondered: is there a reason Slash and Duff never seemed to button and/or zip their pants? Seriously. If Duff had the wherewithal to put on suspenders, why not just button and zip his pants? Was it a "cool" thing? Were they unaware when they left the john? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Too much vodka, beer and Jack Daniels

Fuck the Tokyo DVDs, get some bootlegs.

Well one could also ask of Axl (circa 1985-'86)- what's with the assless pants? LOL. Both Axl and Duff/Slash (and the era) had "looks" just as all era's do. Grunge, punk, metal, etc....it is what it is.

When I was flipping through some old Rolling Stone issues recently, I pointed a pic of Axl out to my friend and said "So there's Axl....in an NWA hat, bicycle shorts, combat boots and of course.... a catcher's guard naturally". My buddy said "Yeah, but if anybody could manage to pull that off, it's that guy"

• Like 2